It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Times They are A Changing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

I don't think this will mean much in the end. We have a 2nd amendment right and no matter of protesting or boycott will change that.

What we do need to change is the gun culture in this country.

They've gone a bit nuts.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Right!

Anyone that fights to preserve their OWN inalienable right has to be nutz!

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

They really are, and when they are infecting our kids with this mindset we are in trouble.

These guys aren't just influencing their future behavior, they are putting hundreds of kids on buses and shipping them to lawmakers offices to try and remove constitutional rights.

It's starting to get into dangerous territory. Strike that, it IS in dangerous territory.

Allowing all the news sources to be bought up by Bill Clinton, legalizing propaganda for an agenda by Obama, and here we are, welcome to the United States of Anxiety, chase your tails, while we extract your wealth and remove your rights.

These guys are turning a good country into a complete s@! Hole.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: CB328
Good, the NRA needs to be defunded, along with a lot of corporations, professional sports, political parties, and other immoral or money sucking attacks on the American people.

I just read a gun company is going bankrupt because business is down now that Obama isn't in office, ha ha.

The price of the AR-15 has dropped, its time to buy. Ladies and gentlemen, stock up on guns and ammo while the price is down.

The AR 15 is not a firearm I would invest much money or time in to. While it does serve a purpose and can be an effective tool if used properly, the AR has become more of a "fashion accessory" among firearm enthusiasts rather than being part of an overall comprehensive loadout.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

They really are, and when they are infecting our kids with this mindset we are in trouble.

Communist Taliban.

Manipulating kids to do the bidding of some old folks.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Right!

Anyone that fights to preserve their OWN inalienable right has to be nutz!

The gun culture is nuts and many of them, including yourself, have a very weak grasp on what the right actually entails.

They do not actually fight to preserve their right. They treat the right like it's a social aspect, like drinking beer with your buddies on the weekend.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I don't think this will mean much in the end. We have a 2nd amendment right and no matter of protesting or boycott will change that.

What we do need to change is the gun culture in this country.

They've gone a bit nuts.

I am going to call you out on your bs.

Are gun owners shipping children to lawmakers?

The campaign was ready to go with this recent "shooting"

Probably before.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The gun culture is nuts and many of them, including yourself, have a very weak grasp on what the right actually entails.

Feel free to stop using made up terms to push your fascist agenda.

Strip away someone elses right.

Didn't fail to grasp what those rights are.

Infringe,deny,disparage,abridge.

ALL mean the same GD thing.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;

nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

www.law.cornell.edu...

And yet it's all us 'nuts' that seem to comprehend those words.

I wonder WHY that is.

link   

When exactly did Bob Dylan pen that tune? The times have certainly changed since, but is it getting better?

link   

Are gun owners shipping children to lawmakers?

No. I never made any such claim. So what BS are you calling me out on?

My comment was about the gun culture in this country. They have gone nuts and are, in my opinion, very similar to the people that go golfing on the weekend.

It's about the social aspects that draw people in, not the exercising of a right.

The campaign was ready to go with this recent "shooting"

Probably before.

Probably? Do you know for sure?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

You are going down a dangerous path when you promote emotion-based decision making in children

You mean like all religious conservatives, the Tea Party an other right wingers??

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Well now your pissing me off and labeling my friends, family, and everyone I know as crazy because you have no clue about the reality of gun owners.

Get a clue.

If you want to attack GANG gun culture, I've got your back, if your going to label millions of people nuts because they own a gun, then damn dude, you need help.

Quit getting your opinion of people from hollywood, the msm and the internet.

My family owns a pheasant hunting preserve. It is full of millionaires who make the entire state it's in.
People who employ hundres of thousands of people, and keep society moving.

I've never heard a worse thought out opinion in my life.

You guys are a cancer to freedom, and don't realize it, as you label everyone in site, parroting the narrative like designed.

You are being used.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

So since I own 6 or 7 different kinds of hammers, does that make me nuts, am I psrt of a hammer culture?

Again, this massive prejudice many of you hold for people that own guns...and hammers, is truly getting tiresome.
edit on 24-2-2018 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Rights>emotions

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Well now your pissing me off and labeling my friends, family, and everyone I know as crazy because you have no clue about the reality of gun owners.

There is only one use for that perjorative, gun culture.

To try to pass off law abiding people as some how nuts.

People have a right to be pissed.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Feel free to stop using made up terms to push your fascist agenda. Strip away someone elses right. Didn't fail to grasp what those rights are. Infringe,deny,disparage,abridge. ALL mean the same GD thing.

See. This is a great example of why I say they are going nuts.

I support and exercise the 2nd amendment. Yet I disagree with the way you and others approach the right and defend it, so somehow in your mind you come to the conclusion that I want to strip rights and are pushing a fascist agenda.

Ok. How exactly did you come to that conclusion?

Either you and others are stupid or nuts. Take your pick. Either way, it doesn't look good for you.

And yet it's all us 'nuts' that seem to comprehend those words. I wonder WHY that is.

It seems you have no problem interpreting things you like in a reasonable manner, yet completely blow it on other things.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

WHAT does that say?

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

You support gun owners?

You talk out of both sides of your face.

You don't support gun owners and call them crazy.

You think there's a gun culture problem.

There's a dicipline problem.

With the parents, with the ssri's, with the inner city culture.

There is a major problem with white collar crime and money and wages creating an enviornment

that it is too expensive to have a stay-at-home parent teaching kids how to behave.

Don't worry, there is a pill for that, eat your corn syrup and shut up cash cows.

Behold the consequences of a corporate government.

Pure fn insanity and chaos.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Get a clue

I have quite a bit of knowledge on the issue and I am a gun owner myself. What you are proving is that you do not separate the individual right to bear arms from the gun culture aspect. You think they are intertwined and they are not.

Sadly, you prove my point.

If you want to attack GANG gun culture, I've got your back, if your going to label millions of people nuts because they own a gun, then damn dude, you need help.

That is not what I said. How did you come up with that in your mind?

My family owns a pheasant hunting preserve. It is full of millionaires who make the entire state it's in. People who employ hundres of thousands of people, and keep society moving.

Cool story. How is that relevant?

I've never heard a worse thought out opinion in my life.

Considering you just told me about your family pheasant farm for absolutely no reason and with no point, I'm not sure what I would care what you think.

You guys are a cancer to freedom, and don't realize it, as you label everyone in site, parroting the narrative like designed. You are being used.

I think you are talking out of your ass.

I also think this is why you guys do not help trying to articulate our 2nd amendment right to those that may not understand it.

Making stupid claims and telling pointless stories do not help. It just points to the culture being exactly what I claimed...nuts.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

So since I own 6 or 7 different kinds of hammers, does that make me nuts, am I psrt of a hammer culture?

Where did I say anything about the number of guns/hammers being indicative of the culture?

Again, this massive prejudice many of you hold for people that own guns...and hammers, is truly getting tiresome.

I am a gun owner. Perhaps you should read my posts before saying stupid things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join