It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The base reason for our political debacle..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

We have never been further from the founders intentions that ever before.

The wishes and wants of dead men from hundreds of years ago have no real place in contemporary society.

If the founding fathers had envisioned the weaponry of today, I posit that the 2nd amendment would have been much differently written and interpreted.

But I do agree that most gun legislation is stupid and ineffective. But I also can't find a single good reason for a civilian to own a weapon of war like an assault rifle.

And considering they already amended the constitution a boat load of times, just proves it was intended to be a living document anyway.

IMO.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

The wishes and wants of dead men from hundreds of years ago have no real place in contemporary society

But that will and testament does.

Rights were clearly laid out.

Due process and crimes being proven in courts of law among them.

If I commit a crime should you be held answerable to it?

See the fifth, Tenth.

And welcome back.

It was noticed.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

The argument isn't that the WHOLE document was wrong, but that it wasn't ALL Right, and required some changes.

Sure it was a great place to start, one of the best ever created if you ask me. But it was only a start.

It's nice to be back and chatting with you my friend.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The argument isn't that the WHOLE document was wrong, but that it wasn't ALL Right, and required some changes.

There have been changes.

Like the 14th amendment.

That goes No state shall make or enforce any law that abridges.

Redundant, but it solidifies the preceding amendments.

Abridge means the same thing as infringe in the second, and the same thing as deny and disparage does in the ninth.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Right and there probably will be more changes in the future.

I assume the 2nd will see a change at some point. I mean, it's not like either side of the political spectrum have much respect for the Constitution as a whole these days anyway.

It's just a talking point.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I am tired of talking points,

I am tired of collective guilt for crimes I've had no part in.

It should be banned.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I don't disagree with you but sometimes as a society we have to make hard choices.

We all agree that we should not drink and drive, but we restrict it legally cause well, idiots.

I wish law abiding citizens could be left to their own devices and keep carrying on. Doesn't seem like that's going to happen.

So best case, is for the gun lobby and pro gun folk, to come to the table and mea-culpa themselves a deal we can all live with.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

A true conservative doesn't tell others what to do, unless they are infringing on someone's rights to life, liberty, pursuit of happiness and property. Then they advise those people to stop doing that.

Social conservatives do and have from the beginning. Think back to the socially conservative religious groups who've always policed others on morals, on how women are supposed to act & dress, and on things like anti-LGBT issues. They've traditionally never cared about "life, liberty, nor the pursuit of happiness" for any segments of society that they deemed "undesirables".

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

The ones that try to have s real conversation I talk with the ones who are just trolling I shun

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Don’t I remember a very recent president saying that any murders by illegal aliens were the democrats fault??

The same with Muslim terrorists..and everything else.. that is the conservative bread and butter..

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

The right said the left labeled half the country as racists..

That is not what the left did..

The left (in a nut shell said “not all trump supporters are racist, but all the racists are trump supporters. People should ask themselves why they are standing beside all the racists..”

It is up to you if you decide to lump yourself in with the racist chunk of trump supporters..

It is an echo chamber where some conservative site twists some Democrats words . Then all the other conservative sites source the fist site that is lying...

RECENT EXAMPLE:

Nancy palosi says “trump is trying to make America white again”

The conservative sites all published that Palosi attacked all white People when she ONLY attacked trump..

Trump is not all white people..

Trump is orange.
edit on 24-2-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The failures of the Left and the recent exposures speak for themselves.

((((😁))))

Can't hide from The Sun

Lots of people and groups realizing they've been hoodwinked 😲

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Would you agree that the constitution was never referring to personal fire arms for protection???

I’m not saying the founding fathers planned on disarming the population.. I am saying it was such a far fetched concept that was literally impossible even in that time. That it wasn’t even a possibility..

They were referring to states protecting against each other and/or the federal government.

A ship that sailed the second we allowed the US tart to get so big firearms wouldn’t cut it..

Every inch of the rights arguments are based on text book logical fallacies..

Slippery slope. Ad hominem , exc, exc...

Imho all unnecessarily..

All you gotta say is “the American people would never accept it and no military body would do it..”

End of debate..

Liberals will have the hypothetical argument “if we had a genie and he made all the guns disappear. Would we be safer”..

WELL AINT NO FRIGGIN GENIES....

It is mental masterbation.. on both sides..

The sad part is that 1/3 of the county holds that as their primary voting issue, AND IT WAS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN..

All those people voting to cut their own medicaid and services because “they are coming to get purchased guns” and they never ever were..
edit on 24-2-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Agreed..

If you listen to one side about what the opposing side wants to do your an idiot..

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Please....

I noticed you just named a bunch of random policies with out listing what any of them actually did...

There are still perfectly legal pre assault rifles ban automatics in population now..

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

They are sharing their options of what Sean hannity told them...

Not the same thing as independent thought..

When you are starting from a fantasy land where “all the WORLDS scientists, media, unions, colleges, professors, teachers, intellectuals, celebraties , exc are all in a vast conspiracy to make the gop look bad and discredit jesus....

I mean, you get what you pay for..

You pay for retarded conspiracy theories that the gop investigate and never go anywhere. You get more crazy conspiracies that go no where..

That isn’t hard math.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I noticed you just named a bunch of random policies with out listing what any of them actually did...

Actual LAW.

National Fire Arms Act

Gun Control Act

Firearms Owners Protection Act

Gun Free Zone Act

Brady Handgun Prevention Act

Federal Assualt Weapons Ban

But really.

Why should anyone even bother to read existing laws?

Too much effort.
edit on 24-2-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Considering congress doesn't even read the ones they pass...

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Considering congress doesn't even read the ones they pass...

~Tenth

They ain't the only ones.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: DBCowboy

Agreed..

If you listen to one side about what the opposing side wants to do your an idiot..

Interesting.

So by that reasoning, you shouldn't listen to the other side?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join