It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The base reason for our political debacle..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
YOU CANNOT TRUST THE RIGHT TO TELL YOU WHAT THE LEFT WANTS TO DO...

YOU CANNOT TRUST THE LEFT TO TELL YOU WHAT THE RIGHT WANTS TO DO..

Obviously.......

They both have vested interests and profit from lying to us about what the other guy wants to do..

If my only source of information about you is what your archenemy told me about you...

It is not going to be very accurate, now is it!??

Listen to what each side says is their plan, but don’t blindly trust anything..

The only thing you can trust from either side is when they admit that something is bad about themselves...
edit on 24-2-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I vote on both sides of the aisle. It’s just now I’m all of a sudden labeled alt-right because I didn’t vote Hillary. My political debacle is trying to find a way to even acknowledge the good from the left anymore after their campaign of labeling half the country as racists. I don’t think they will be able to reach out to me personally anymore in all honesty. I’m completely disgusted not only by the Dems tactics of labeling us over and over. The party followers are just as much as the problem as well in my opinion of course.
edit on 24-2-2018 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad
You know, along those lines, this generation will grow up with the imprinted idea that Dem's are the party of dark losers, filled with insanity........... that is, if rational thinkers survive...

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

The problem is the echo chamber.

Nobody has a discussion anymore to learn things, we have discussions to 'win'.

Neener Neener Neener is the name of the game.

When politicians gas light the public on both sides, it's hard to figure out what the truth of the matter is. We live in the era of 'Alternative Facts' and we've devolved into tribes politically that basically resemble the neanderthal lifestyle we had before our brains developed fully, or at least to where they are today.

Change is coming however. There will be a new generation in charge in 10 years. And if they suck, it will have been our fault.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

YOU CANNOT TRUST THE RIGHT TO TELL YOU WHAT THE LEFT WANTS TO DO.

So when the right says the left wants to make it harder for me to practice an inalienable right they're lying?

Scripted town halls on CNN and the usual suspects demagoguing objects says that is a clear and present danger to the Bill of Rights, and the 14th amendment,

The way I see it.

You can't trust the LEFT.
edit on 24-2-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Well, its pretty frustrating dealing with a person who thinks Info Wars is the truth.....Seriously.

edit on 24-2-2018 by kurthall because: fix

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
You know, along those lines, this generation will grow up with the imprinted idea that Dem's are the party of dark losers, filled with insanity........... that is, if rational thinkers survive...

I think they need to restructure their leadership and fast if they want to save face in the near future. I voted Obama in 08, but he didn’t follow through and I decided to not vote in the 2012 presidential election. Then in 2016 Trump shows up and his message resonated with my families needs. So I supported his message and then all of a sudden we’re all hateful cultists according to MSM and the extreme left. I’m still confused on what happened to the Democratic Party. But they sure did something right and hat is alienating a lot of the middle of the road voters. I feel they won’t get it until it’s to late. The Republican Party needs updated as well but the Dems are setting dangerous precendents right now.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Except most people are sharing their opinions so we don't have to rely on the opposition party to have an idea.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
You should change that to Democrats and Republicans telling us what the other wants to do.

A true conservative doesn't tell others what to do, unless they are infringing on someone's rights to life, liberty, pursuit of happiness and property. Then they advise those people to stop doing that.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

The only thing you can trust from either side is when they admit that something is bad about themselves...

Like a certain national convention in Philadelphia a year ago when they came right out and said that wanted to ban objects?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

A true conservative doesn't tell others what to do, unless they are infringing on someone's rights to life, liberty, pursuit of happiness and property. Then they advise those people to stop doing that.

Funny thing that. This is the kind of liberal I was raised to be.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

hey now, thats awfully demeaning to Neandrathals. Racist!

couldnt resist...nice to see you posting, seems like a while.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Hey!

Nice to be back, had a few surgeries to replace my broken knees.

Still getting the hand of this lol

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

The right wing shills tell you , that you have been labeled alt-right..

You cannot trust what they say about each other...

They take examples of some random college kid spouting nonesense and pretend it applies to the entire left..

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

ugh, both knees!? heres hoping a speedy recovery

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

But doesn’t that all boil down to each side believing what the other says about their opponents...

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yes.. exactly..

The farthest left wing legislation that has EVER been proposed on guns is the ban of selling NEW assault rifles..

Leaving the millions in population perfectly legal to own and resell..

Everything past that is just propaganda and you allowing the “right to tell you what the left wants to do”..

It is political suicide to even suggest more than that and has been for decades.. if not ever..

There is no law enforcement body willling to do it..

The army wouldn’t

The police wouldn’t..

It is all gop scare propaganda..

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The problem is the echo chamber.

Affirmation. The comfort of the tribe.

Short story here. Years ago I was active with a radical radio station in Berkeley. One afternoon while listening to a current event's program, the on air activist was promoting some up coming event. She was quite enthusiastic. In closing the promo, she said something like "So invite your conservative friends because this is really something that we all should hear.

Then she, kind of off to the side as she was getting ready to move on to the next thing said, " But if you are like me you don't have any."

Our real course, and to my mind only, course to national salvation at this point is to embrace our neighbors and familywho hold alternate political and economic views. It is not easy.

Like our race has never before encountered, we are presented with an explosion of information, information that can be arranged in any number of forms that to many of us can seem to be the truth. As more information is added, on a daily basis, we sift through the incoming morass and sort it out in tune with previous accumulations and reject that which does not fit.

In this time of hyper individualization, a person, left and right, seek to affirm that individualness and the easiest way to do that is to find others who will validate it for you.

It's preaching to the choir and the echo chamber is merely the choir with a microphone.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

The farthest left wing legislation that has EVER been proposed on guns is the ban of selling NEW assault rifles..

Not true.

National Firearms Act,Gun Control Act,Firearm Owners Protection Act, Gun Free Zone Act. Brady Handgun Prevention Act.

The pinnacle of them all was the Brady Handgun Prevent Act that established we had to ask the states permission to practice our right.

And finally the Assault Weapons ban that specifically had a sunset clause.

To this point in time.

We have never been further from the founders intentions that ever before.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

If you agree with someone or some ideology 100% then YOU aren't doing any thinking.

You're only obeying.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join