It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly invented eyedrops could replace glasses altogether

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
(post by purplemer removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Didn't they call that Retinax 5 in the movie Star Trek 4? But Kirk was allergic to it?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I am grateful that I have been able to see so well my entire life.

I am touched when I see those videos of people seeing color for the first time, or kids seeing their parents faces clearly for the first time.. (Or hearing for the first time clearly)

I'd imagine regular folk with no problems,seeing past visible light spectrum through technology for the first time may feel a similar experience..
edit on 2/24/2018 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

So, are you interested in the op's info about eye correction through eye drops?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Repairing the eyes is possible. Our tears have very regenerative properties, but tears need certain chemistry to work right, a combination of molecules and minerals. That chemistry is deficient in people because some chemistry blocks it or they do not consume the chemistry in foods. Also missing enzymes can cause it, but enzymes can be boosted or inhibited by food choices, but not for all kinds of eye diseases or conditions.

This medicine would only help to fix people's vision if certain situations exist, it will not stop all degenerative diseases or nerve transmission issues. It kind of sounds like they can tailor make a chemistry to match what they see in the picture. That is kind of cool, this seems as if it actually helps to heal the eyes to stop degeneration and sometimes repairs the eyes. That is good. Eyes need retinol, so does the skin. This vitamin A deficiency causes a lot of vision problems. Lack of proper sulfur chemistry in the diet is another problem and so is a lack of tears.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Shame Israel does not share there medical marvels with the Palestinians instead of keeping them in poverty.

Oh I'm sure they'll let near and far sighted Palestinians buy the drops. Why wouldn't they?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Damn. As a lifelong Four-Eyes, I'd kill for this.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

ENOUGH of the Political CRAP

The next step is sanctions

Do not reply to this post and STAY ON TOPIC

edit on 2/24/2018 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
double post. Sorry all

edit on 24-2-2018 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ntech
Didn't they call that Retinax 5 in the movie Star Trek 4? But Kirk was allergic to it?

Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan.

Bones McCoy gave Kirk a pair of bifocals and opened a bottle of illegal Romulan Ale.

But I doubt this would help me. Astigmatism in both eyes. Not something easily corrected.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

A revolutionary eyedrop invention from a team of Israeli ophthalmologists has been found to heal damaged corneas and improve the vision of pigs. Clinical trials for humans are expected to begin later this year.
Source

This is pretty exciting. A team of ophthalmologists has created a kind of nanoparticle solution that corrects vision in the same way glasses do. The difference, of course, is that instead of wearing glasses all day or fidgeting with contact lenses, you can just put a drop of the solution into your eye and you're good to go. I wonder what else can be accomplished with this technology - a cure for blindness, perhaps?

I've found I actually like looking at people much more when I'm not wearing my glasses

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

A revolutionary eyedrop invention from a team of Israeli ophthalmologists has been found to heal damaged corneas and improve the vision of pigs. Clinical trials for humans are expected to begin later this year.
Source

This is pretty exciting. A team of ophthalmologists has created a kind of nanoparticle solution that corrects vision in the same way glasses do. The difference, of course, is that instead of wearing glasses all day or fidgeting with contact lenses, you can just put a drop of the solution into your eye and you're good to go. I wonder what else can be accomplished with this technology - a cure for blindness, perhaps?

Interesting find!
I'd say exciting but without a link to the actual abstract I don't think this article tells us much. The original published abstract would be able to give us much more information, like sample sizes and exactly what improvements in vision were observed.

Having a scarred an damaged cornea myself I can't see how nanoparticles could help since the scarring goes thru the entire depth of the cornea? Maybe they just intend this for eyes with lesser damage?

<< 1   >>

join