It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamist Group Planned Chemical Weapons Strike In Paris

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
An Islamist group had terror plans for targets in Paris, France. Among those plans were also a chemical weapons strike against Moscow's embassy. The plans were at the planning stages and were not finalised.

An Islamist group broken up in France in 2002 had been planning an attack on the Eiffel Tower, three suspects arrested last month in Paris have told French investigators.

However, the projects were at the planning stages and the plans to attack the Eiffel Tower had not been finalised

Investigators say the group was also planning to attack Russian interests in Paris, including a chemical weapons strike against Moscow's embassy in Paris.

Very disturbing. Is there just a question of time until a terror attack involving chemical weapons takes place somewhere?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Very disturbing. Is there just a question of time until a terror attack involving chemical weapons takes place somewhere?

Absolutely. Chemical weapons are apparently easy to manufacture, and would result in widespread panic. They'd also result in real panic, I suspect, amoung the 'higher ups' in the various national governments, because they'd have to decide how to respond, not just to an attack, but an attack with WMDs. It'd at least put the WMD retaliation option on the table, which would in itself spread more panic.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I would say that yes, it is just a matter of time. Bio/Chemical can be contained in such a small area - in some instances, literally a small vial which could be disseminated as easily as dropping an ampule onto cement.
With some of the terrible diseases available, the bio could effectively spread like wildfire in very little time. Something like the Eiffel tower receives thousands of visitors from many countries every day. If the incubation period is several days or weeks, the disease could be spread internationally creating horrific, devastating effects. To the best of my knowledge, there is no "scan" which can detect bio weapons like you can do with nuclear materials.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
and the best part is that the people who release it will wind up killing their own becasue of it. Can i get a stupid pill with that?
[/sarcasm]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

and the best part is that the people who release it will wind up killing their own becasue of it. Can i get a stupid pill with that?

That all depends actually. If it is a chemical weapon, it would effect mostly the immediate area I assume. If it were a bio, depending on what it was, there may actually be a vaccine for it. They COULD (although highly unlikely) vaccinate those they want to save. As far as the actual person(s) who dispersed it - they have suicide bombers, so sending a suicide bio is very likely.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
That's the first time I have ever read of somebody trying to attack the Eiffel Tower as a terrorist act. I've had dreams of such a situation.

Link

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
These Islamic terrorists are hurting their own cause.

Eventually, if these attacks keep escalating, Arabs in general and Islamic thought will be banned.

So far, there have only been 2 MAJOR attaks. If there are more and Chemical/Biological/Dirty/Nuclear weapons start making an entry into their arsenal, the backlash from white non muslims will be great.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
There is now an ATSNN-story about this (by FredT) .

www.atsnn.com...

new topics

top topics

join