It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Importance of Masculinity and Self-Respect

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa
a reply to: fiverx313

I did not interpret the OP as telling any woman what they want in a man.

My point was basically that when given a choice, the majority of women, meaning more than half, will choose a "manly man" over a more feminine guy. And I don't really think it's a shocking claim to make, it's no crazier than saying men usually prefer certain types of women over others, and when given a choice we will usually choose feminine women in preference to more masculine women. To suggest otherwise is misleading and wrong.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa
Why did you have to assume that he cares what a woman wants and that what he is saying relates to women?

because he said it. maybe you should reread his post. you're doing the same thing in your post.

besides, if OP has already decided that women are the enemy who is causing all his problems, there's really not much more to be said except maybe, good luck on reddit?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

if OP has already decided that women are the enemy who is causing all his problems

Where exactly did I say that? I like women more than men most of the time. I am only talking about a rather small fraction of women who demonize masculinity. I respect women who can embrace their femininity instead of constantly trying to hide it and pretend they don't like masculine men at all, but I realize some women do prefer feminine traits, however they are typically lesbians. Recently some feminists even got mad because Jennifer Lawrence was pictured in a photo on a cold day wearing a some what revealing dress while all the men were well covered. Jennifer has said some fairly dumb things over the last year or so but her response to this situation has regained a lot of my respect for her, she is obviously quite an intelligent women.

edit on 24/2/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
As if men were not supposed to be offended when the tards tried to label men as "sis". As if sis was not already taken by our sisters.

How closer in your face can one get to fightin words?

Excellant op! Been waitin yrs for this.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

And thank god you're here to tell us men how horrible you feel we are.

I'm proud of my gender, and the rest of you guys should be too.

You can call it buzzwords like "toxic" and "patriarchy" all you like. I frankly don't give a darn.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Exactly

Just because they need 10-dozen words to describe their shallow and empty existence doesn't mean the rest of us do.

I'm a man. That should tell you everything that needs to be known about me. No made-up descriptors needed. I personally can't even hear people when they start using goofy make-believe terminology. Selective hearing loss, perhaps

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Let them have their soy boys.

Real women want a real man. Nobody wants some pansy little pushover who can't change a tire.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   
That would depend on the biological, gate keepers and what they want .. women.

With social media and hole bunch of other crap, masculinity is becoming feminized. Men are looking more like girls to attract other girls...it's a double standard. The old perception of Masculinity is pretty much for gays these days, where as pretty boys today where considered gay decades ago.

How many of them can stand the sight of body hair which was a masculine trait these days? chivilary is dead and in the Friend zone, romance doesn't make any sense any more, it more less seeing if male a sucker for a pretty face with knocker an ass with give me the precious eyes.

I liked what 2pac said to biggiebor was it Bad?, "don't do it for the n****s, do it for the b****, because the n**** will follow."

edit on 25-2-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
OP, what people want in a partner changes over time.
Conflating what political weirdos spout off with what real, living people are like with you is a bad idea.
I don't think politics ever enters a healthy relationship. If you find yourself in a situation where there are actual issues with gender politics between the two of you, then I would suggest its a result of other issues going on.

I wuld say though, that if you doubt there is such a thing as toxic masculinity, have a look at people like Harvey Weinstein, he is the perfect example of a toxic male, and ask yourself, is he manly? I don't think so. He seems to be one of those guys using their money and power to compensate for not having that thing about them that defines us as men, but that could just be my own prejudice.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join