It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Have A Nuts And Bolts UFO Discussion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

We have airships that do this using helium bladders. They inflate the bags to float away and pump it out back to a container when they want to “sink”. Like a submarine but in the air.

That is not even exotic tech. What happens when you combine it with 2D materials?? The under water becomes nothing more than an engineering difficulty.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

would be cool if you did a write up on the searl generator since you mentioned the searlsolution in your post.

SEG looks at their Searl generator for potential clean energy solutions. put that aside and look at it for what it's complex series of magnetic fields could possibly be acheiving. or could if part of a more proper rig or setup considering other factors and effects.

although I don't think the Searl generator is a solution by its self. I like that it shows lots of spinning magnets and that it may potentially demonstrate the usefulness of such complex flux lines and poles in line with one of my first posts in this thread. it's a good case for study to get a grasp on the overarching mechanism behind the phenomena.

edit on 25-2-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

We're talking ifs and buts all the way which is one reason why I try to stay circumspect. All we can do is speculate whilst knowing the odd are against a Eureka moment. Epiphanies abound, but they're usually subjective and don't resonate with other people.

A good base for these discussions is simple disbelief - the safe zone. People experience things and report sightings all the time. It won't change whether any of us believe the claims or not. I apply the same scepticism to things I've experienced too as you can see here.

People lose their way so it's a healthy approach to stay tied to disbelief even if we go exploring the mysteries.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

the smaller orb like light is Interesting in that so many have reported seeing it.

I often wonder if it's not a small portable drone using similar technology as the bigger craft use. maybe useful for special forces type units as a survailance drone or a communication node or even possibly something else. I guess it depended on what your like to do with it. wonder where you saw this. people test things in sometimes the least likely places.

can you give a description of the color of it. was it a reddish yellow. or a pale whitish blue. maybe a violet color. a descriptor of that aspect would help to figure out what that sphere was composed of or how it operated.

the second one. seems like it was a craft built on the "ufo" technology but for an Individual. would you say it was car sized or there abouts?

you know although it's not commonly reported many people have seen similar. maybe even a person in this very thread has observed similar car sized glowing vehicles being tested in the wilds? most people say that the pilot appears to be a guy in a flight suit and helmet in their reports. could it be possible your wife construed the human pilot in odd flight suit and helmet to be a reptoid like she described.

as to what their purpose is I don't know. not sure why you'd want a car sized single person ufo.

any ideas on your end as to what it's purpose could be.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

if you had a craft producing a field that altered the electromagnetic permeability and permittivity of space time you'd get all sorts of relativistic effects on both electrical objects and the human brain observing. Alice in wonderland type effects. distorted perceptions both visually and temporally. maybe even temporary paralysis. many of the high strangeness from ufo encounters and even alien abductions can be possibly accounted for by such a proposed field that the ufo uses for propulsion.

jimbo the sheephearder might be seeing fairies and Grey's cause he's essentially tripping. when in reality he's seeing some human personnel walking around the vehicle maybe doing a repair or what have you.

I know if the vehicle did produce some field like that I'd want a big special helmet for my crew to wear so they arent susceptible to such odd mental effects. wonder what a guy in a flight suit, wearing a big helmet and a visor or goggles looks like to a unsheilded person experiencing alice in wonderland type effects. a grey maybe?

also keep in mind when in labs people wear helmets that use trans cranial EM stimulation the most common hallucination is a small non descript grey troll like creature. coincidence?

en.m.wikipedia.org...

read up on this especially the section under "experiences"

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

what if the technology isn't warping space at all or even trying to. go re read my first few posts in this thread for alternative ideas.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

good post!

JPAerospace even proposes using the gasses in the lifters bladders as fuel for their MHD propulsion systems. it can siphon off the gasses to use as fuel to maintain ballast as the craft rises since the atmospheric density gets thinner and the lifter it's self will require less buoyancy.

right in line with your thoughts and post.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

What I saw:
A softball, grapefruit sized ball. It emitted a light yellowish light (just like a bike light). It was bright, but not blinding. Bright enough to see the ribs that were on the inside of the glass material, but with that frosted, not able to see anything else.

And it passed close enough for me to have reached out and grabbed the thing.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

interesting. sounds like whatever you saw was creating ionized atmospheric plasma glow. pale yellow comes from the ionized oxygen in the atmosphere.

a powerful electric field will charge the oxygen atoms in the atmosphere resulting in a yellow glow from the positive ions.

so it's likely that whatever you saw had a intense electric field around it.

interesting you said it appeared to have ribbing on the inside of the glass like sphere that made up the outer part of the thing. a lot of people when they report orbs will relay that they saw similar things. another popular one is reports of the orb appearing to consist of spheres within spheres. one I saw appeared to be seething inside almost like the glow was boiling or a rayleigh instability of the density of the plasma resulting in different hues to the pale yellowish green orb. incidentally it has patches of violet in it too on occasion. I saw it briefly be for panicking and bolting as it was inside my livingroom.

I don't recommend trying to grab or touch it.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I ALMOST did, then reason took over, and I broke the world record for the quarter mile sprint.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   
This went quite real quick...Dead end or went Black?
WEAV Aircraft

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

excellent post.

WEAV did kinda disappear of the radar.

with the design you'd have a flowing disc able to hover and travel in any direction. in the article they said power source might be a problem but with recent advances the power supply if built by. the MIC probably is no problem at all.

my question is how fast could such a thing go? I'm figuring not revolutionary fast but good enough to be a viable option for competing with cargo aircraft and ships to transport military hardware troops and supplies. use it like the next evolution of a lighter than air vehicle. easier to manuever, faster, easier to land and store, better lifting capability.

Gainesville where this thing is being developed has its fair share of UFO sightings. plus it's close enough to Mcdill (socom) and Eglin AFB which is known for hosting some advanced stuff.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

not all reports have the witness report an altered state of mind, yes there is some
but that's the minority almost all have the witness in an lucid state

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

i have read your explanations a bunch of times in another threads, and while they are interesting and amazingly detailed, i still find that a bunch of the words sounds like technobabble or are being used in an incorrect way,also why go to such trouble to explain ufo encounters, when the interdimensional theory explains all the weirdness of the ufo phenomena in a single stroke?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

We have airships that do this using helium bladders. They inflate the bags to float away and pump it out back to a container when they want to “sink”. Like a submarine but in the air.

That is not even exotic tech. What happens when you combine it with 2D materials?? The under water becomes nothing more than an engineering difficulty.

I wanted to quote you to start off my round three here, TEOT. Agree, it's not really all that exotic. None of it would really be all that hard to produce.

Taking it a step farther though, and combining these systems with a space propulsion component, is something that is a little more exotic. I think Em Drive is the space propulsion component of some of these triangles, the extra-planetary ones, that is. Fully developed, it could certainly move things around up there, if the theoretical predictions are correct. I think they are based on my knowledge of the theory. Converging wave forms exploited as the driving force should be exploitable to .5c with some efficiency. Even if it were only .1c though, that's still pretty fast. .01c? Still pretty fast. .oo1c? Still, pretty fast. About 300km/s, at 1/10th of 1 percent of the speed of light, or .001c.

I think it could move you in atmosphere as well, though it could be problematic, or perhaps not very effective. In other words, you could probably produce some thrust, but it might not be a viable atmospheric propulsion engine. I don't know.

If this has all come into the white world, it makes me curious what they've got that's better that they feel they can let this come out. Maybe it's just the fact that the technology got re-invented by a civilian, and the plan was to let whoever came up with it independently have a go at it. I don't know.

Em Drive, though undeveloped for the most part, is not a secret technology. The basic principle is that you bounce electromagnetic waves off of a reflector, which pushes the reflector forward. The wave travels at nearly the speed of light, and loses a little of its energy as it bounces off of the reflector. This 'lost' energy is transferred to the reflector, propelling it forward. Works better in a vacuum I think, and definitely works better with superconducting materials(or is hypothesized to, at least).

Even without optimized conditions, Em Drive has produced thrust in laboratory testing. With optimized conditions, it is hypothesized to be a viable space propulsion concept. Should get you to about half the speed of light eventually if you could make it efficient enough(in theory). The faster you go, the less push that wave will have on the reflector, as the difference in velocity between the two become less and less.

Test models that I've seen looking into it are slightly cone shaped cylinders that look to be built from riveted sheet metal, flat plates on either end. Put this together with a microwave generator and (preferably)a super-conductive coating. I think a crystal is also involved, that the wave propagates through. I think the dynamics are that the wave emanates from the small end, bounces off of the large end, and some of the wave dissipates through the tapering wall on its way back to the small reflector, producing a net thrust from the larger push on the larger plate. The wave is being reflected between the two flat plates. I could be remembering it wrong, but if not that it's something very similar. They have a paper at their website, which I was too lazy to re-read before writing this post.
emdrive.com...

The beauty of a resonant cavity thruster such as this is that you don't need a propellant you just need a power source. Nuclear power could run this, of course. Fission, perhaps some secret form of workable fusion. As for what else might, I suppose that's a speculation for a future post. Removing the need for a propellant from a deep space craft makes interstellar missions doable, as the need to carry large amounts of propellant for a mission has long been a limiting factor. You think a Saturn V is big!

There are other not so unconventional space propulsion methods that are already in practice or have seen some public development. Ion drive for instance, which was most likely involved with at least one historic sighting. Some people got cancer, some branch of government had a suit filed against them, it was somewhere in the Southwest, and it sounded an awful lot like what an ion drive black project craft should have looked like to me. You excite ions to produce thrust. This can be done in a number of ways, and I think some members have referenced this technology better than I can. I thought it belonged here as part of my thought arc, so I wanted to at least give it a mention. You can excite ions with electricity, you can also use magnetism or a combination of the two if I remember correctly. You can reach a higher speed with less propellant than a rocket engine, but propellant is still required.
edit on 27-2-2018 by TheBadCabbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Problem with Em Drive I thought was power used to create thrust was still fairly high for a minimum of thrust.Only good for small directional thrusters.All over my head,I just hit metal..

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   

we should hang out someday. interestingly I'll be at Roma street tomorrow (2/28) but sadly only will be passing through.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Aaahhh bugger,doing something with Wifie and getting some aircraft stuff tomozz as well but yes we do need to meetup.We are definitely doing Hervey again this year for a week.Keen

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   

The EM drive has a bunch of profound problems. The main one is how an awful lot of what we know as scientific fact would need to be modified. One of the most straightforward and honest articles is on Forbes of all places. Who knew?

How Physics Falls Apart If The EMdrive Works.

Some of the UFO reports suggest these objects have been constructed for action in atmospheres and oceans. At least, that's how I'd interpret the aerodynamics of discs which also goes some way to affirming the Laws of Physics. It's something that's been studied since at least Hermann Oberth in the early 1950s and NASA in the 1960s. They looked at lift, drag and thrust for 'flying saucers.' To be fair, they didn't find a whole lot of success, but they were reliant on conventional propulsion and who really knows what might become normal in the future? Chemical engines can't avoid sonic booms and I can't think of one report ever where a witness noted the *BOOM.* Quite a few with utter silence (Oz Effect)...

Field effects are another little aspect that used to be reported. They blipped in and out of the noise of UFO reports from 1945 and on through to the early 80s. Stochastic. Pop. Gone.

Speculating like a mofo today.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   

The official testing and observed results has nothing near optimized conditions. In other words, doing it properly with superconductors is supposed to increase the observed thrust by a factor of as much as several thousand.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join