It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like there might be more to the shooting in Florida than what is being reported (corruption).

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

. The motive was simple. The school system administrators wanted to "improve their statistics" and gain state and federal grant money for improvements therein

Blood money.

I wonder if these circumstances have also been in play around the country.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Rumors are spreading, that the EMT Is saying that the 4 cops who were hiding outside were ordered to do so.

I am sure if it’s true we will hear about it soon.

Just saying it’s a rumor. If it’s true this will no longer be a take the guns story, but a cop story..

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: Bicent
Meh,I dont understand why. People. Are surprised, politicians are dirty and corrupt to the core. Time folks start just realizing it, night I am exhausted.
yes, but a critical mass of mainstream people don't understand how bad it is. It won't change until they do. This is why I try to wake up such folks gradually in my personal and professional life, when possible. I've had a few successes. Right now half my office is ripe for waking up because we are seeing cronyism and political patronage first hand in our work. I think that because most education courses are whitewashed, and so is the media, most people won't get it until they see it first hand.

Too true. And there will always be folks that say we'll never get there and the status quo will always remain the status quo. There's always people that think that. Some of them are just protective of their own status of being "in the know", some are just too cynical, some just don't know their history. More and more people are getting fed up. I'm not saying there's going to be an armed revolution or something, but change is a'comin.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
That's the law of unintended consequences with policy making. If you dole out improvement grant money based on the number of crimes committed, they will report every single little offence. If you reward the greatest improvement, they will underestimate crime one year and overestimate it the next. If you dole out AP grant money based on highest average grades/success rates, they will block mid-performing students from taking AP courses.

They will pick the option that maximizes income from that system.

It's like the catchment areas of schools. Some schools are so popular now, that the catchment area isn't more than 150 meters in radius, while the less popular schools extend 1500 meters in radius.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Aside from criminal investigation for police officers, I can say the lawsuits that will ensue this entire county, FBI, school system, officers personally, and the police department will be into the hundreds of millions of dollars.

The lawyers will push the envelope on this one to the max. What a mess.

edit on 25-2-2018 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
"The Love of money is the root of all evils", Duh! Info Wars ran this one a few days back. They have cried wolf too many times, to take them very seriously. But if this does ring true, then the Feds need to bring racketeering charges, and maybe some felony murder enhancements against a passel of these Florida educators, police, and politicians. It's going to be a "follow the money", project.

Beyond charging crimes under RICO, you never want to force all of the tips back to one central Gov't switchboard, like that FBI call center. This is like the German Army in WWII. Everything had to go back to Berlin for any decisions. If the Germans at Normandy had been free to deploy their Panzers, our D Day invasion would have turned into the second Dieppe Raid, with tens of thousands of P.O.W.'s. But every thing had to go to all the way back to the Fuhrer to get the go ahead, and Hitler was sleeping in late, from taking sleeping pills. So, no one in Berlin, would go in and shake him awake.

Both this possible RICO racket for stealing Gov't monies by sitting on felonies, and local law enforcement flubbing their own tip lines, are where this catastrophe happened. It DID NOT happen in some FBI headquarters, or with any FBI Director.

On a personal level, my dad had a WWII buddy named John Allison. Allison got drunk on cheap French wine, waited until it was good and dark, and then grabbed a gunny sack full of Bazooka rockets, along with a launcher, and crept out into no man's land near the German Sub Pens on the French Coasts. He proceeded to shoot rockets up in the air like mortars, and this totally unnerved the Germans throughout that night. They were bawling on their radios to Berlin about the new Yankee secret weapon. Early the next morning they discovered dozens of Bazooka rockets sticking into the rocky soil, but one had hit a concrete power pole. The concrete was missing for about six feet, and the supporting steel re-bar was clearly visible. And that was the only known damage caused by Allison's drunken, nighttime, escapade.

Then they had to go back on the radio and explain away their earlier panicked calls. That panic should have stayed inside of their regiment. But I'm not faulting the bail bondsman in Missouri who called in his own tip about Nikolas Cruz, to the FBI. He was too far outside of Florida, and probably didn't have the software to see where that post came from. But I am saying that all of those students' tips should have been acted on, right there in Broward County, Fla.

BTW, very late in WWII, an American Sub, surfaced off the Northern coast of a Japanese Island, and launched volleys of ground to ground rockets. The Japanese thought that they were being bombed, so they opened up with AA, and searchlights, against non existent aircraft, while the Sub quietly slipped away. This one was also a nighttime raid, so it wasn't until the next morning that the Japanese discovered those rocket bodies, which obviously had to have been launched by some ship at sea, against their coastal Naval base.

It's only my feeling, but maybe that deputy was getting ridiculous radio calls from the school's Principal's office, and thought there were multiple shooters charging around. I think that the 20 minutes tape delays would have only shown empty hallways, while the deputy was watching hundreds of students exiting the building from the fire alarms, which Cruz set off. OTOH, if he had shut his radio off and charged into the building towards the sound of the shooting, he well may have caught Cruz reloading that AR. Then it would have been game over for little Nicky. Or he may have been killed by the kid with the rifle. As the old saying goes, "timing is everything".

Cruz shot one girl seven or eight time, killing her. His magazines went dry really quickly, doing crap like that. So he was almost always reloading his AR with spare magazines. When he fled, had he ran out of ammo?? That hasn't come out yet.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'm not following you. How exactly does a "for profit" prison system benefit from not arresting people?

The for profit system stretches far further than just government and police, the for profit system has infested education, medical everything, people being arrested only covers the police side of the system.

Ok, but even conceding all that, what does that have to do with this case where, if anything, a for-profit system should've made the local LE more likely to arrest this guy, rather than ignore him?

I'm mean the for profit system leaves leaves schools underfunded, without the funding there is little else they can do to weather the storm so to speak.

If education and safety were priorities for our kids we wouldn't be having this conversation.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I'm not following you. How exactly does a "for profit" prison system benefit from not arresting people?

The for profit system stretches far further than just government and police, the for profit system has infested education, medical everything, people being arrested only covers the police side of the system.

Ok, but even conceding all that, what does that have to do with this case where, if anything, a for-profit system should've made the local LE more likely to arrest this guy, rather than ignore him?

I'm mean the for profit system leaves leaves schools underfunded, without the funding there is little else they can do to weather the storm so to speak.

If education and safety were priorities for our kids we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I completely misunderstood, I thought you were blaming all this on the for-profit prison system.

The US spends more per student than almost every other country in the world. I'd have to disagree that a lack of money is the problem with our education system.
edit on 25 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

This isn't the first incident where cops 'allowed' someone to kill people. I know of 2 others in Winter Park, where cops allowed 2 separate known criminals to proceed with whatever it was they were doing, and then, when they had no choice, they'd arrested them. *After* they had murdered children.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

If money is not a problem, schools should be far safer and the quality of education should be far higher, so what's going on?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
WTF?

The shooter, shooting down the hallway, was in full metal garb, helmet, face mask, bullet proof vest - looked like a cop?

Full video from ABC -
Full video / interview
edit on 25-2-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

For profit schools are mainly college or private schools. Most public schools are allowed to tax the citizens inside their district or they are funded thru a combination of property tax etc.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Far out, I guess this is why witness statements rarely add up.

Very strange, very strange indeed.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Far out, I guess this is why witness statements rarely add up.

Very strange, very strange indeed.

It is one thing to get clothing descriptions and height / weight wrong. But what she just described is so far beyond that its not even funny. Has anyone else given this type of description?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

This is the first report I have heard saying this . I'm curious if anyone else has heard more though.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

What what? She saw the person shooting a rifle that she hadn't seen before? So it's safe to say it wasn't an AR styled rifle. I wonder if it was a P-90? Most people haven't seen one of those in person and it might cause a bit of confusion.

Though, this is kind of leading us into the realm of multiple shooters, and a cover up. If true, let me add that in here, "IF" true.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

I was more interested in her description of the shooter.

Full body armor, a helmet, face mask...

First I have heard the shooter described like that.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
WTF?

The shooter, shooting down the hallway, was in full metal garb, helmet, face mask, bullet proof vest - looked like a cop?

Full video from ABC -
Full video / interview

This all just stinks.

So where's the gear? Never mentioned once, and I don't believe he had the opportunity to gear down from a full suit-up.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Funny, how we think differently. I was thinking that it was weird that a person couldn't identify an AR styled rifle. To me the type of firearm can be telling about the person using it. The fact that she could describe the gunman quite well, but not identify the firearm seems telling.

Though the description of the shooter seems to conflicts with what the shooter themselves stated. It's a shame that the schools cameras were messed with (or however it could be stated about them being on a time delay), or we could petition to have footage of the shooter released. I guess even if that happens now it won't be credible evidence since it's been altered.

Do we know if the Broward County Sheriff Department is equipped with P-90s?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It is crazy how the sheriff kept saying over and over that guns need to be removed from society and then give the police more power...lol ya right...

I feel like we all dodge a bullet...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join