It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like there might be more to the shooting in Florida than what is being reported (corruption).

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+79 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
So we now know that the school SRO, in addition to 3 more Broward County Deputies, were on scene and failed to enter the building. The neighboring police agency, Coral Springs, sent more than 130 officers. When their officers arrived they were stunned to see the 4 deputies hiding behind their cars. The CS Officers ran past them and entered the building, saving 20 students who were injured / wounded.

The Sheriff of Broward county blamed the NRA for the shooting on CNN. He blamed the NRA knowing full well his deputies failed to perform their duties.

It now looks like there was a problem created by the Public Schools, several Police Chiefs and the Sheriff. In an effort to attract more funding a scheme was developed that essentially established a quota system for student crimes. Once a certain number of incidents were reached any other crimes were handled "off the books" so they would not interfere with the reporting stats. This scheme showed a reduction in crime by 60%. This scheme also started more than 5 years ago.

The problem here is the criminal elements in the community figured it out and started using students to commit their crimes knowing the charges and evidence would be taken care of. They also figured out to commit the crimes near the end of the month when the quotas would be reached. Apparently SRO's were assigned based on how well they are able to be creative with the crimes they encountered and how well those crimes were covered up. As this went on crimes started becoming more frequent and violent. At the same time SRO's were given perks, like paid housing close to the schools they were assigned to.

This plays into why the shooter in this case seemed to have slipped thru the cracks. A reporter was initially tipped off to the scheme of hiding evidence and quashing arrests and this reporter initially thought the tip was bunk. As he researched the claims he found the evidence that confirmed what the tipster was telling him. By the time he was done he had signed affidavits from several police officers who knew what was going on. When he took it to the school board the said they would look into it.

Since the school board was involved with the scheme, by way of adopting the unofficial policy on handling student arrests, the information never went anywhere else. It is looking more and more likely this shooting occurred as a result of that unofficial and illegal policy. The thought process is the reason the Sheriff blamed the NRA was because he knows if investigators outside of his control start looking into things they are going to find the scheme and connect the dots. This scheme also encompasses Miami-Dade as well.

Things are not as they appear - Sources / links / video for the above synopsis

2. I spent about 18 months in 2012, 2013 and 2014 investigating Broward and Miami-Dade school policies and how those policies transfer to law enforcement practices.
3. My interest was initially accidental. I discovered an untold story of massive scale and consequence as a result of initial research into Trayvon Martin and his High School life.
4. What I stumbled upon was a Broward County law enforcement system in a state of conflict. The Broward County School Board and District Superintendent, entered into a political agreement with Broward County Law enforcement officials to stop arresting students for crimes.
5. The motive was simple. The school system administrators wanted to "improve their statistics" and gain state and federal grant money for improvements therein.
6. So police officials, the very highest officials of law enforcement (Sheriff and Police Chiefs), entered into a plan.
7. As soon as Miami-Dade began to receive the benefits (political and financial) from the scheme, Broward County joined on. The approach in Broward was identical as the approach in Miami-Dade.
8. It's important to remember, this was not an arbitrary change - this was a well-planned fundamental shift in the entire dynamic of how teenagers would be treated when they engaged in criminal conduct.
9. The primary problem was the policy conflicted with laws; and over time the policy began to create outcomes where illegal behavior by students was essentially unchecked by law enforcement.
10. Initially the police were excusing misdemeanor behaviors. However, it didn't take long until felonies, even violent felonies (armed robberies, assaults and worse) were being excused.

11. The need to continue lowering the arrests year-over-year meant that increasingly more severe unlawful behavior had to be ignored. Over time even the most severe of unlawful conduct was being filtered by responding police.
12. We found out about it, when six cops blew the whistle on severe criminal conduct they were being instructed to hide. The sheriff and police Chiefs were telling street cops and school cops to ignore ever worsening criminal conduct.
13. The police were in a bind. They were encountering evidence of criminal conduct and yet they had to hide the conduct. There were examples of burglary and robbery where the police had to hide the recovered evidence in order to let the kids get away without reports.
14. The police would take the stolen merchandise and intentionally falsify police records to record stolen merchandise *as if* they just found it on the side of the road.
15. They put drugs and stolen merchandise in bags, and sent it to storage rooms in the police department. Never assigning the recovery to criminal conduct. Stolen merchandise was just sitting in storage rooms gathering dust.

Click link above for complete walk thru
Links below give some background to what is being discussed - See the link above for all links to sources

* - Broward County Florida Schools Institute The “Trayvon Martin Standard” For Student/Police Avoidance….
* - COLLABORATIVE AGREEMENT ON SCHOOL DISCIPLINE THIS AGREEMENT is made and entered into as of this 5 day of November, 2013, by and between THE SCHOOL BOARD OF BROWARD COUNTY, FLORIDA

It is an interesting read and very plausible, imo anyways. As for the public schools and crime I do believe they have this unofficial policy in place. I have encountered the same issue when I was in law enforcement. While they did not use quotas or hide / destroy evidence they did go out of their way to keep the students from entering the judicial system so they did not have to include those stats on their state reporting forms.

ETA - There are call logs floating around from the Sheriff's department detailing calls to this kids address in addition to info being forwarded to the school SRO about his activities and issues. When the sheriff tried to shut down that point at the CNN debate he, again, knew the specifics of the calls, who was involved in those calls, how the calls were closed by officers (reports / info forwarded / etc etc).

edit on 23-2-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
he needs to be fired

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Oh man.

Heads gotta roll. We need to take action against the people abusing their power. We need special prosecutors for the entire government.

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
he needs to be fired

If the info above is accurate and true he needs to be removed from office and charged. Not to mention this entire incident, 17 dead kids, could be a direct result of this corruption.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Meh,I dont understand why. People. Are surprised, politicians are dirty and corrupt to the core. Time folks start just realizing it, night I am exhausted.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
he needs to be fired

Out of a cannon?

Into a alligator farm?

Lol, jk prison works just fine.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Man, that some nasty # there, that's what it is.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Man, that some nasty # there, that's what it is.

If accurate and true / verifiable, I completely agree. I found it interesting certain politicians started calling for the head of the FBI to resign over their 2 dropped tips. Now I think we know what they were blaming the feds and ignoring their own law enforcement. Gov. Scott was one of the people calling for Wray to resign. I guess better to blame the FBI than admit his own officials in the state were corrupt.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Well, maybe the Broward County Sheriff has something to do with Epstein and the Clinton's... maybe possible..

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I guess the new saying is "when seconds count, the police are already there but cowering behind their vehicles"

+28 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Wouldn't you know this is Debbie Wasserman Schultz's district?
True story.

This was no "failure" of authorities, they outright assisted it to happen by their inaction.
The school, the sheriff and the FBI had all been warned of Cruz' violent tendencies.
He never should have been able to purchase a firearm if they had reported his actions.
They also had the knowledge and legal authority to confiscate his guns but failed to do so.
Yet they blame the NRA and it's supporters.
"You have blood on your hands!".

Pot calling the kettle black here or what?

+21 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I always find it interesting that when the media focuses on Clinton / Obama law violations something always happens to bump it off the front page of the news. I know it is a crappy thought but I am becoming more and more of the mindset that these shootings are allowed to happen and hidden thru cowardice / screw ups. The sheriff of Broward has made some interesting comments about gun control, going so far as to tell politicians that the only way you will get elected in that area is to support gun control.

Democrats have already sent out informational emails on the incident with a link to donate to the DNC.
edit on 24-2-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Proving the Everglades isn't the only swamp in South Florida.

Amazing.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Asktheanimals
Democrats have already sent out informational emails on the incident with a link to donate to the DNC.

Dead kids? Send us money!

CNN was complaining because they felt like Trump didn't mention guns when first publicly speaking about this shooting. I thought it was refresging to just acknowledge the horror and call it what it was... evil. No need to politicize it.

The DNC ALWAYS politicizes tragic events. It's like they look forward to these events, so they can use it as bait.

Also, in reference to the OP... 4 cops failed to respond while on scene?!?! WTF they should be ashamed. Unarmed staff became living shields, and 4 armed cops whose job it is to rush in coward behind cover? Should have given teachers the right to carry. They'd have handled it.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   
www.americanthinker.com...

By virtue of his name alone, Nikolas de Jesús Cruz, the adopted son of Lynda and Roger Cruz, became a statistical Hispanic. As such, authorities at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland had every reason not to report his troubling and likely criminal behavior to the police. According to a source who spoke to the Miami Herald, Cruz had been suspended from Stoneman Douglas High for fighting and also for being caught with bullets in his backpack. This was apparently at least one of the reasons why administrators reportedly emailed a warning to teachers against allowing Cruz on the campus with a backpack. He was later expelled for reasons that have not been disclosed, but he was apparently not arrested. This is not the first time that this "solution" to school crime has produced lethal results. An earlier case in the nearby Miami-Dade County public school system should have been a warning, but unfortunately, the media conspired to suppress the details of the case. The victim in Miami-Dade was one Trayvon Martin. Miami-Dade schools have their own police department. The exposure of the department's practices began inadvertently with the Miami Herald story on Martin's multiple suspensions. The article prompted M-DPD's police chief to launch a major internal affairs investigation into the possible leak of this information to the Herald.
wonder if this is gonna be investigated

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Wow heads had better roll.

Every one involved in this scheme should be charged with murder. all the way up to the sheriff.

If someone dies while you rob a store then your getaway driver will be charged with murder whether he even went in the store or not.

They have these students screaming at the NRA and everyone blaming guns.

Jesus how the hell are we supposed to stop anything like this ever if we have everything we need right there in place and the cops stand around?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   

If there is truth to this you can be sure this is not the only school and the only police department that is playing this dangerous game.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If there is truth to this you can be sure this is not the only school and the only police department that is playing this dangerous game.

Not in this area of Florida apparently. Miami-Dade county apparently was where this scheme started from. When Broward county saw the increase in funding Miami-Dade received they adopted the scheme for their county.

While the article mentions Police Chiefs I have not found, specifically, which agencies they are. As for it being a dangerous game I would go further. Intentionally ignoring crimes for more funding does not work and it makes one wonder why the system we have in place would reward school districts with funding. One would think, if the money was available from the start, why it was not passed out to the districts. When we create a reward system for increased funding there better be something in place that allows for verification of what the districts are submitting. There also needs to be criminal penalties for the people who are submitting the false information.

Hopefully, and if the op article is right, some good can come from this exposure.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Its sounds like the FBI was in on it too. Either that or they are grossly incompetant

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Local and federal "Law Enforcement" really messed up if this is true...

DNC taking advantage of this event and asking for donations from emotionally charged parents & educators, absolutely no surprise there...

Disgusting "leaders" and "protectors" we have, huh?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join