It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

InfoWars Videos Banned By YouTube

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: olaru12

They have every right to run their business any way they see fit.

Only if ran fairly. Being a private company does not allow for policies that discriminate.

Yeah, well I own a retail business and if I don't like the way you comb your hair, you can GTFO and don't come back.
So sue me!! Discrimination....

And you would be this day and time. And , most likely lose , be forced to pay mega - bucks . Possibly lose your business in the process.
So , yeah , go ahead ...
I am not one to dissuade you.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I'd wager this is due, almost 100%, to the rise of the internet.

Hence the calls for more governmental control of the internet. And the defending of censorship tactics.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I am a share holder. Not much, I'll grant you, I doubt I register as even a blip...

You're a bigly blip in my book!!

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Ah, you're too nice...

Won't save you from my wrath, however...
J/K, you know that, right?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang
I'm so thankful Google can decide for me what's right and what wrong. All praise Google!

Google and youtube are a corporation, a private business. They have every right to run their business any way they see fit.

You want a say in how Google operates...buy some stock. It's business, capitalism...Would you rather have a state run media?

imo...twitter should kick Trump off for spreading lies.

www.businessinsider.com...

Seriously?

More like Alphabet llc

(L-L-C where not breaking the constitution?)

Anti trust laws are in place, but ignored by the one's who enforces them.

I rarely bust myself.
edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: sp

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

originally posted by: muSSang
I'm so thankful Google can decide for me what's right and what wrong. All praise Google!

Google and youtube are a corporation, a private business. They have every right to run their business any way they see fit.

You want a say in how Google operates...buy some stock. It's business, capitalism...Would you rather have a state run media?

imo...twitter should kick Trump off for spreading lies.

www.businessinsider.com...

Seriously?

More like Alphabet llc

(L-L-C where not breaking the constitution?)

Anti trust laws are in place, but ignored by the one's who enforces them.

I rarely bust myself.

Don't blame me, I'm a freemarketer. Its the GOP neocons that brought the corporate oligarchy down on us.
Currently it's the conservatives gone all crybaby whine fest now that it's the oligarchs exercising their version of capitalism. Deregulation remember? and Alphabet inc is taking over. believe me.
You think it's bad now...just wait until trickle down really kicks in. You reap what you sow...its in the bible.

edit on 24-2-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   

"Trust us, it's for marketing"

And noone jumping in to protect our privacy, makes it pretty obvious whats going on.

I can't speech to text it to you, my freakin Samsung TV, phone, ipad, kindle, alexa, google home is listening.

edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: sp

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Hahaha.. Do you mean CNN, or Alex Jones?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

I can't speech to text it to you, my freakin Samsung TV, phone, ipad, kindle, alexa, google home is listening.

Well you wanted a business man. Who do you think he will favor, the corps or the taxpayers.
He's already bought and paid for. It's gonna get weird...believe me. There's also a negative side....

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: pianopraze

Every time they do something like this though, I feel like the opposite is happening. Every push for censorship drives more people away.

I guess you could compare it to the "silent majority" argument everyone was debating before the election.

More people are waking up.

More people are waking up, I see it when I read the comments on news articles.

5-10 years ago people would puppet the opinions of the MSM, now the comments are full of people pointing out the lies and inconsistencies.

Used to be only places like ATS was doing that!

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Having read this, the following can be stated:

If a private organization bans a certain type of speech, is it censorship?

There are organizations that ban types of speech on a regular basis, as part of policy. Some jobs, review employee social media, and have terminated said employees for postings. The US military bans its member from exercising that freedom of speech in some cases, members can't participate in protests or political rallies in uniform.

Now if this was at the prompting of the government, or controlled by the government, then I would say that yes it may be a case. However, YouTube is not under the control of the federal government. It does make its own rules and can choose to either promote or stop said content at its will.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   
didn't alex jones declare he's just an actor and his commentary is to push his brand, in a lawsuit against him.

if cnn is peddling fake news and alex Jones is creating and peddling fake news, considering the ties cnn and liberal media have together, then i recon the buffoon AJ would be the first to get the axe.

this isnt the government censoring a citizen. this is a private company which gives people a completely free medium with one caveat that they don't infringe on their ethos.
if someone is in my house and they say something offensive, im kicking them arses out
edit on 24-2-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

What is this corporate ethos? I've certainly never noticed one...

I mean this in all sincerity. Please point it out to me, then maybe this will actually make some sense to me...

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I just searched youtube for Infowars and there are currently 606,000 vids, including Alex Jones channel..hardly banned

An early poster noted a likely copyright infringement, that seems plausible, they definitely remove vids that use music or video that permission has not been granted for it's use.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Totally agree about Twitter and Trump

As for YT and infowars,
far from being a "censorship move by them pesky butt-hurt liberals"
I see it as another example of the clean up or shut down challenge being posed to social media

Twitter should follow suit...

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Ah yes, the authoritarian left making lists and '3 strikes' rules to isolate, ban and smear.
Then when someone criticises their media outlets (never mind banning them), the same people cry about the 1st amendment.

Probably the saddest thing is the people, including on this thread, who think this is OK or somehow justified.
Never mind that the kid is undoubtedly being coached to say what the media want him to say, whilst other kids are being ignored by the likes of CNN - and attacked as being liars by the same people who are up in arms about kids being attacked.

Their hypocrisy is being revealed at every turn these days - that's the upside.

edit on 24/2/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   
www.podomatic.com...

www.richieallen.co.uk... www.richieallen.co.uk...

edit on 24-2-2018 by airowineSailorcat because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2018 by airowineSailorcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Alex Jones admitted he is an actor a fake.
Infowars used to laughed at by ATS what happened?.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Alex Jones admitted he is an actor a fake.
Infowars used to laughed at by ATS what happened?.

What happened was that the MSM became just as bad and now we have two extremes in media/news, with one side trying to shut down the other.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

ATS went full-on Church Of Trump
That's what happened :'(

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join