It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former NFL player in custody after threatening Instagram post forces high school to close

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Former NFL player Jonathon Martin has been taken into custody by Los Angeles police after appearing to post a threatening Instagram story that caused a school to go into lockdown.

"The individual we believe responsible for the social media post in question has been detained and our investigation is ongoing," the Los Angeles Police Department said in a statement to ESPN.

On Friday, an Instagram account appearing to belong to Martin posted a story that included a photo of a long gun and ammunition. The photo included the caption "When you're a bully victim & a coward, your options are suicide, or revenge." The photo also included the hashtag #HarvardWestlake, an apparent reference to a Los Angeles high school and Martin's alma mater.

www.thedenverchannel.com...

So whats going on here?

An actual threat?

Some sort of stupid post that I dont understand that wanted to go viral?

hell if i know.
edit on 23-2-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
In a scared society, everything is a threat.

His logic and reasoning is flawed, but a threat?

Even much less so than the neckbeard I haphazardly defended.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
In this new bizzaro world...

Nope, something this insane must be normal.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
In Seattle a writer complained about a "Confederate Flag" flying on a house that turned out to be a Norwegian flag flying in honor of the Norway Olympic Team by a 'proud' Norwegian American. In another case police responded when a student pointed out that the mathematical symbol for "square root" looked like a gun. His locker and home were searched for weapons.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

He was the one that his teammates were bullying a couple years ago. I don't know what the school has to do with it, but incognito was the main contributer.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

I always say in a world of perpetual insanity who's to say what crazy really is.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

In another case police responded when a student pointed out that the mathematical symbol for "square root" looked like a gun
You've sort of distorted the situation.

Another student then made a comment on the similarity of the mathematical sign to a gun, sparking opinions and comments from multiple students.

Authorities then say the student being investigated made a comment that could be interpreted as a threat when taken out of context.

“The student used extremely poor judgment in making the comment,” read a post on the Allen Parish Sheriff’s Office Facebook page. “But in light of the actual circumstances, there was clearly no evidence to support criminal charges.”

losangeles.cbslocal.com...

edit on 2/23/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

are going to give the stick to the FBI and law enforcement if they don't investigate and then the worst case scenario happened...

this is going to get ugly before it gets worse....

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Based on your post and source his context looks spot on. Your source has lots of tweets saying exactly the same thing.

top topics

join