It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - Four Officers Remained Outside Douglas Massacre!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

What liberal policy?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

This is a grossly uninformed post. The guns aren't floating in mid-air shooting at each other. Someone with a handgun certainly can stop someone that has a semi-auto rifle. The San Bernadino terrorists had an AR and were stopped by police with handguns. That's just one case I can think of off the top of my head. There are certainly more. You simply don't know what you're talking about, as usual. Shootouts don't happen like they do in the movies.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rewey

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: BlueAjah

what is a fluid investigation???

that doesn't make sense....

That fluid is the piss running down the legs of those four officers...

Let's refer to them as they should have been known. The good guys with the guns.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

originally posted by: Rewey

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: BlueAjah

what is a fluid investigation???

that doesn't make sense....

That fluid is the piss running down the legs of those four officers...

Let's refer to them as they should have been known. The good guys with the guns.

What were they good for?
I will give you that they were guys.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

No one is saying that arming teachers will fix anything

Are you kidding? It's practically all they are talking about as far as solutions.
The solution to guns in schools is more guns in schools.
I guess when you think rolls of paper towels are the biggest need of people who's homes are under water this seems sensible.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Breaking.

Four cops have just been the victims of a mass post attack.

edit on 24-2-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I've seen this about 20 times and I just now noticed the spelling error lol
edit on 24 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: Sillyolme

This is a grossly uninformed post. The guns aren't floating in mid-air shooting at each other. Someone with a handgun certainly can stop someone that has a semi-auto rifle. The San Bernadino terrorists had an AR and were stopped by police with handguns. That's just one case I can think of off the top of my head. There are certainly more. You simply don't know what you're talking about, as usual. Shootouts don't happen like they do in the movies.

Agreed. I hesitate to talk in these terms because live gunfire certainly can have a dire effect in decision making and my experience is certainly not with live fire. I played alot of paintball. We played indoor and outdoor. Indoor was rooms, partitions and walls. What you learn is that the aggressive party has the upperhand because you are poised to shoot on instant rather than hunched down in a corner waiting. If you are sitting and waiting you will be surprised when someone comes bursting through delaying your first reaction. Just like the yips in golf and putting. For an instant your brain shuts down.
In the instance of an active shooter there is no waiting game to be played. There is imformation available to them to choose where the activity was. They easily could have been aggressively creating safe and secure areas by watching and listening to activity and where kids were running from. Where kids were exiting, i would be at that doorway and looking to enter there and aggressively securing areas in direct pursuit. Now that is just game theory looking to save lives in heroic type fashion where waiting just is not optional. Training would be an essential to rely on. You would need muscle memory reacting to a situation you had long ago trained and completed your thoughts on allready.
Without that most of us would freeze.
But ideally, you have to act and being aggressive and moving at and quickly towards the action is an advantage. An advantage only for brave and corageous types. Not a soyboy challenge.
From this day forward let it be known the poster boy for all cowards, thy name is Petersen.
Get a f******* job at mcdonalds ya f****** coward!! What the hell is a gun doing in his hand in a time like that?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

They weren't good for anything apparently.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

well now this explains why reports are that cops took almost 30 minutes to arrive the local guys were outside quivering till other towns cops showed up.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

So what are you saying?

We should arm the schools with lions?

Or porcupines?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Who said the guns were floating dude. This didn't happen at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

edit on 2242018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Who said the guns were floating dude. This didn't happen at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

You seem to think gunfights happen in a vacuum. What gun the perp has is not the primary factor of whether he can be stopped with a handgun. It really depends on what he's wearing. If he's armored, handguns will be less effective. No armor, and a handgun bullet to the chest is going to put him down, whether he's carrying a .22 revolver or an AR-15. Would it kill you to actually learn something about this subject?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
We've had lots of members in the past saying "if there had only been someone who was armed there, this would have never happened!". Now it turns out that there were 4 armed police officers there during the most recent shooting and they decided to just stay outside. Some members seem think that the average armed person in a situation like this is suddenly going to turn in John McClane or Rambo, heres the proof that this doesn't happen in real life situations.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
A silly meme.
Zebras can kill lions with their kicks.
Porcupines are killed by lions, as well.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
A silly meme.
Zebras can kill lions with their kicks.
Porcupines are killed by lions, as well.

Yeah they can kill porcupines, when they're desperate for food. Lions are documented to even attack elephants on occasion, despite elephants being extremely dangerous to them. Most of the time lions leave porcupines alone though, that's kind of the point. They're looking for easier prey. So are criminals and mass shooters. The meme demonstrates that point effectively.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
We've had lots of members in the past saying "if there had only been someone who was armed there, this would have never happened!". Now it turns out that there were 4 armed police officers there during the most recent shooting and they decided to just stay outside. Some members seem think that the average armed person in a situation like this is suddenly going to turn in John McClane or Rambo, heres the proof that this doesn't happen in real life situations.

The cops outside whose lives aren't in immediate jeopardy and have to work up the courage to run inside are a little different than a teacher who is inside, hunkered down with his students when the perp comes in. Would you rather sit there throwing pencils at him or at least have a fighting chance?

And no one thinks a teacher is going to turn into Rambo.

This isn't proof of anything except the "wait for the police" strategy is a non-starter. Citizens defend themselves with guns every day. You won't see it covered on CNN but it happens all the time. It does happen in real life situations. Sorry about your narrative, I heard you two were close.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

squad cars usually carry a 1 gauge shotgun too a handgun may not stop a armored up dude but a blast of buckshot or a 12 gauge slug will definitely. stagger a person even while armored

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33

squad cars usually carry a 1 gauge shotgun too a handgun may not stop a armored up dude but a blast of buckshot or a 12 gauge slug will definitely. stagger a person even while armored

For sure. My first gun was for home defense, and I went with a 20 gauge shotgun instead of a handgun. I lived in an apartment complex and a 20 is more than enough for humans. I keep #3 or #4 buck in it. They make a great home defense weapon. They're easy to handle, quick and easy to disassemble and clean, rarely malfunction, and versatile due to the different loads you can put in them. Bear comes into your neighborhood and you can switch to slugs in no time flat. They're great guns. :up

I always keep a round in the chamber when I concealed carry a handgun, but with my shotgun I don't. Simply because, 99 out of 100 people, as soon as they hear you rack that mother they're leaving.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

It is a fact that criminals will usually pick softer targets where they themselves are in less danger of acute lead poisoning.

Well if these were criminals (or even terrorists), that might be true. But those carrying out the attacks are schools are neither. Most intend to die in the attack, making them very dangerous.

Also.. a "liberal policy" didn't kill 17 kids. A crazy kid who found it all too easy to get weapons even after people called the FBI to warn about him is why 17 kids died.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join