It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - Four Officers Remained Outside Douglas Massacre!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: angeldoll

Baricuda wedge. For $125 a classroom door is nearly impenetrable.

Been around for years, got great press after sandy hook. Looks like taking my guns away is the only option anyone is interested in.

It's a shame those things can't stop bullets from going through walls and windows.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Just poo poo all the suggestions already being made and attack a tool.

Your no better in the debate.

If this was even real, this was a nutjob.

We need nutjob control.

You take guns, they will use gas. Then what?

There already is nutjob control, an entire organisation that are trained and armed, they are called the police.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

?

No. They keep doors from opening.

A major improvement that no one seems to be using. If they cant be arsed to make a $60 per room investment in safety why should i degrade my rights?

Things COULD be done but they arent. Its all about gun control and not about anything else. Even when 162 shootings happen and no change to gun control laws take place....still not a dingle alternative idea like door wedges, steel desks, etc.

That certainly isnt compromise.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

We are getting ready to implement these at a local private school my children attend. They work very easily for inward and outward doors.

The sad part about his story is that the Governor of Florida just stated they are going to drop a ton of money to assign an SRO to each school in the state. We can see here that it is not all cops who want to put themselves on the line, and even if I do not agree I understand. However, those cops should have engaged. Four cops?

Schools need qualified people who WANT to do the job. Who would sacrifice themselves to protect the kids. Instead it looks like we get the SRO who could do not other job.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: Vroomfondel

How do you know thats not the case? I wouldn't put anything past the democrats at this point.

Yes, I can see that.

Unplug. It's gone too far with you. My political persuasion is Democrat. I am not a murderer, nor are any of the people I know. When children are killed, we all feel pain. Regardless of their or their parents political affiliation.

To think otherwise, is quite paranoid, I believe, in addition to being utter nonsense.

I am a straight white male conservative. As far as most democrats are concerned I am everything wrong with this country. I am an NRA member too. But I am no murderer. None of these crimes were committed by NRA members. Almost every single one was committed by a democrat. Go figure...

You have used the words, sick, gone too far, paranoid, to describe me. You should have said observant.
edit on 23-2-2018 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

It's a shame those things can't stop bullets from going through walls and windows.

They usually don't need to. It is a rare bullet that can penetrate a wall and still have the power to easily kill. A window is worse... the glass, as it shatters, absorbs nearly all of the energy of the bullet. The glass shrapnel is deadlier than the bullet; that's why they have shatterproof glass.

In either case, all accuracy is over and done with.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Don't need to. Most schools are solid brick. This contains the door and there is a specific place the children will go in case they attempt to shoot the door.

Is it sad we need a deterrent? Yes
Do we do nothing? No

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

they are called the police.

Who hid like bitches.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Amazingly, the FBI was warned on January 5, 2018 that Nikolas Cruz would "shoot up a school", if he wasn't stopped ahead of time.

New Info a/o 2.23.2018: www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

they are called the police.

Who hid like bitches.

Indeed, it's a pretty crappy situation having a large organisation dedicated to protecting and serving who seem only able to punish and fine.!

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

That dynamic alone is bothersome enough without all the other implications of this situation.

This whole thing is such a mess.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Who did a bang up job there, didn't they?

How many LEO organizations dropped the ball on this one? At least two.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

That's not their intent. It keeps, or helps, the door from being forced.

A shooter trying to shoot through doors has # all for accuracy. Solid core doors could go along ways, along with those door stops to enable kids and their teachers to shelter in place.

Windows can also be made bullet resistant to a very large degree.

Expensive, Hell yes, very. But worth every penny. This, in concert with security, competent security, could be a life saver, multiple life savers.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

That, is an understatement.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

O.K. How are you going to work

I'm armed at work.

go with your wife to her job

My wife is more than capable of taking care of herself.

and go with your child to school?

My kids are not in public school.

We need a new plan.

Yes, hold the FBI accountable for ignoring reports and the Broward County Sheriff for their cowardice in the line of duty and inaction on 29 different occasions. If this guy had been adjudicated he would not have been able to purchase weapons and would have had any weapons he already owns taken.

I wanna know why the hell it is that the LE organizations we put our trust in to protect our communities can # up this bad, and the answer to this- somehow- is blaming the NRA and guns.

I don't have a problem with that. I'm glad to hear it. Is that okay with you?

Age limits won't fix the broken reporting system, the broken mental health system, or cowardice in garbage cops.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Armed guards and police won't engage - and people think that arming teachers will somehow fix the problem? Yea.. I'm sure they won't panic and instead go all Rambo on the shooter(s) in their schools.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

By his aunt...not like it was some anonymous tip...

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Armed guards and police won't engage - and people think that arming teachers will somehow fix the problem? Yea.. I'm sure they won't panic and instead go all Rambo on the shooter(s) in their schools.

Concealed carriers regularly and successfully defend themselves every single day.

It's just hardly ever on the news.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

You'd be surprised how many people carry...even in no gun zones.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Who the Hell wants Rambo?

Nope. I'd much prefer someone who will step between the shooter, and those kids, and use a single shot to put him down. Cool and calm.

What's a fictional character got to do with anything, at all... Other than as an attempt to further inflame an already hot topic??
edit on 2/23/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join