It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - Four Officers Remained Outside Douglas Massacre!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Just found in twitter, can anyone comfirm this?

Catherine bridges
Catherine bridges
@Catheri75157424
Replying to @JohnBouchell
So Let Me Get This Right. The Shooter In Florida Recently And His Brother Were Set To Inherit Close To $1,000,000. One Is On His Way To Prison And The Other Was Just Sent To A Mental Ward Right Before He Turned 18 On Wednesday. Who Stands To Profit? Where Does The Money Go? Hmmm

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

can you link to the Tweet please? she has a ton of recent Tweets.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Waiting for the police to rescue you is a movie story. It may happen once in a blue moon, but the truth is it hardly ever happens.

We must give teachers the option to protect themselves and their students. Give them the right to carry. Stop thinking the police will throw caution to the wind to save your kids lives. Trust me, they value their own lives more than some kids they don't know.

Give teachers the right to protect themselves. Ah, I bet once they are able to then the public will also pressure local government to improve teaching conditions and pay. Just for the sake of wanting our teachers to not be high strung.

I don't know that will work the kind of person that becomes a teacher is unlikely to want to carry a gun and shoot people, thats why they became teachers and not cops or soldiers.

As you already mention teachers are already strung out, imagine the extra stress with the responsibility of coming to class with a loaded weapon!

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
This is so depressing to read. A shooter in such a circumstance needs to be confronted to force the fight or flight response in him/her. They will no longer focus on innocent victims but will focus on those capable of shooting them, naturally. If they are. There for suicide...they will immediately take themselves out or will still try to get someone else to shoot them.

The main thing is...that distraction of their initial power trip is disrupted and would save more innocent victims. Perhaps because I am a grandma, I feel that any distraction to save someone younger than myself is well worth it...I don't know.

I do know that I have experienced some crazy stuff in my younger life. The shaking doesn't occur until afterwards. Go with your first gut instinct and you will usually be true. If you allow seeds of doubt in...yes...you very well may be worthless and another victim. I learned this the hard way one time. When one becomes distracted by self doubt...the adrenaline rush is lost. You will suffer.

With 4-5 police and security officers though...self doubt should not have been an issue in this case...odds are that one will have the strength to have secured the situation. It does not seem right unless there was an authority telling them to stand down.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: angeldoll

So let coward cops protect them?

No thanks.

O.K. How are you going to work, and go with your wife to her job, and go with your child to school?
It has to be a greater effort from everyone. We need a new plan. Rick Scott, governor of Florida, just announced on TV he is going to move that the age to buy ANY weapon, including handguns, to 21.

I don't have a problem with that. I'm glad to hear it. Is that okay with you?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Part that being high strung might be because they are completely vulnerable.

Look I am not saying they will play hero and run towards gunfire, but they sure as hell can have the ability to protect themselves and hopefully those around them.

The gun free zones do not work and that is proven. Give teachers back their rights to protect themselves.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Combine all of this information with the ludicrous idea that a bunch of high school kids planned and executed all these rallies in just a few days and you get one giant pile of bs.

I smell a liberal agenda here. "We couldn't win the rigged election, lets kill off a bunch of kids and get the sympathy vote..."

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Combine all of this information with the ludicrous idea that a bunch of high school kids planned and executed all these rallies in just a few days and you get one giant pile of bs.

I smell a liberal agenda here. "We couldn't win the rigged election, lets kill off a bunch of kids and get the sympathy vote..."

That is SICK if you believe that. Man, you need to unplug and get your head right. All these crazy ass conspiracy theories are getting to you in a bad way.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Fair enough, if the police are unable to protect them and nutcases target schools something most certainly needs to change.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Crap, I looged out before you asked, I will see if I can locate it, it was in that long thread.

It looks like twitter deleted it from thread, I can't find it now.

Christ, sorry, I'll screenshot next time.
edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: added2

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Over the past 4 years, 7,300 children have been murdered by Guns. Only 31 of the 7,300 at a school. Society needs to focus on where the higest losses of our children occur first, as Priority #1.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Sure that's a serious issue you Americans have, kids dying from guns is unacceptable.

Regardless of that school shootings are still a big issue, there should be 0 deaths at schools.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

While agree 100% with your sentiment, it is not part of the narrative pushed in the media and parroted by those who can't be bothered to think clearly.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

My Dad started my shooting lessons when I was eight years old. Keep in mine that we lived in the country and this was over sixty years ago. We had several guns in the home and he taught us first to respect the gun, how to care for it, then how to shoot it.

A child may not be able to "own" a gun until they are 21 years old. That does not mean they will not have access to a gun, so I don't really see how this change is going to make a lot of difference.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

That is SICK if you believe that. Man, you need to unplug and get your head right. All these crazy ass conspiracy theories are getting to you in a bad way.

How do you know thats not the case? I wouldn't put anything past the democrats at this point.

Exactly what has to happen before it starts to look suspicious?

Multiple school shootings. A high school kid caught on CNN rehearsing his lines like a crisis actor. Armed law enforcement on the scene before it happened but refused to engage an active shooter. Multiple high exposure rallies organized and executed by high school kids in just days. CNN pushing a vomitous agenda of misinformation. Every major news outlet referring to AR15's as assault rifles again when it has been clearly and repeatedly demonstrated that they are not. NBC airing a demonstration of how much damage an AR15 can do to a watermelon for visual impact...in which they used a 12 gauge shotgun instead of an AR15.

Anyone who would push an agenda this hard would stoop to any means necessary to accomplish their goals. It wouldn't be the first time lives were sacrificed to advance a political agenda and it won't be the last.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

My Dad started my shooting lessons when I was eight years old. Keep in mine that we lived in the country and this was over sixty years ago. We had several guns in the home and he taught us first to respect the gun, how to care for it, then how to shoot it.

A child may not be able to "own" a gun until they are 21 years old. That does not mean they will not have access to a gun, so I don't really see how this change is going to make a lot of difference.

Just poo-poo every suggestion until things remain as they are then. Nothing will work, so why bother.
Kids being murdered in their classrooms by lunatic boys. It's the new normal.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Baricuda wedge. For $125 a classroom door is nearly impenetrable.

Been around for years, got great press after sandy hook. Looks like taking my guns away is the only option anyone is interested in.

Eta....google barracuda intruder defense system. Options are available from $60
edit on 2/23/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I will try not to comment on the LEO's who did not go in the school. They will have to live with what they did and why.

But I am having a hard time understanding those defending their actions. The sum of their argument is inside the school was dangerous.

Could be that's why we train police? Provide them weapons and body armor? Radio communications? And lately seems like we give them cart blanche regarding any legal ramification for their actions?

To those who defend not going in because it could pose a danger: then why have the police? If they want to go home to their families at night, terrific. Maybe take up accounting then.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

How do you know thats not the case? I wouldn't put anything past the democrats at this point.

Yes, I can see that.

Unplug. It's gone too far with you. My political persuasion is Democrat. I am not a murderer, nor are any of the people I know. When children are killed, we all feel pain. Regardless of their or their parents political affiliation.

To think otherwise, is quite paranoid, I believe, in addition to being utter nonsense.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Just poo poo all the suggestions already being made and attack a tool.

Your no better in the debate.

If this was even real, this was a nutjob.

We need nutjob control.

You take guns, they will use gas. Then what?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join