It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - Four Officers Remained Outside Douglas Massacre!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

because if you in the room and somebody is shooting your way and you armed odds are you will shoot back. but truthfully all four of these cowards and peterson need to charged with negligent homicide 16 times why because they could have went in in and either stopped it or rendered aid to the wounded.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: projectvxn

The debate on gun control stopped with Scott Peterson. This is just icing on the cake.

I have had a cop holding a gun on me, with me half-naked and having just tossed my revolver 10 feet away, so damn scared he was literally shaking. I actually told him to drop his weapon or I was going to take it away from him; I figured I was in less danger trying to disarm him at that point than standing there waiting for him to jostle the firing pin too hard.

If these soulless, heartless, immoral, lying, thieving cowards get to carry a gun, I damn sure will. At least I know how and when to use one.

Broward County is well known as the liberal heart of Florida. Political correctness is the law down there. I hope people can see what that has done to them... 17 people, mostly kids, died because the FBI refused to follow up on a threat, because the sheriff's department refused to pay attention to warning signs, because the school itself refused to press charges on students, and because the deputies who could have stopped it were too cowardly to do so. Every single level of government failed those kids... every single one.

It may take longer to drain the swamp than I thought... it has apparently overflowed the banks of Washington DC.

TheRedneck

This is 100% spot on.

I find it amazing that government could fail at so many levels, and yet the blame goes on the NRA, its members, and gun owners in general.

When I wrote my thread on the bump stock not being the hill to die on, this is what I meant.

There are far bigger battles. But this particular battle is so one-sided, that to focus on things like bump stocks is unproductive and stupid.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Sheriff Israel just said that there's no indication that any of his deputies acted improperly.

The 73 Republican Florida Lawmakers calling for his suspension are merely "politicizing" this tragedy to get him.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Sheriff Israel just said that there's no indication that any of his deputies acted improperly.

"I've investigated myself and found that I did nothing wrong".

The 73 Republican Florida Lawmakers calling for his suspension are merely "politicizing" this tragedy to get him.

Not only should he resign, but so should every officer that hid while children were being killed.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

So, we're allowed to investigate ourselves now, are we? ...and to declare ourselves innocent, too, to boot. Sweet!!

Are you saying that this incompetent boob should retain his job? 17 people, among them children, died, were murdered, and men under his command stood outside and let it happen.

...and this dishonorable bastard has the balls to stand there and declare he's done nothing wrong? So, not only is he without a shred of honor, he's a liar, as well.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

Agreed. Trained Resource Officers on premises like our schools have seems to work the best.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Why did President Trump order these officers to stand down?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Porquenolosdos
Why did President Trump order these officers to stand down?

Well this presents another question.
Why do you kids eat tidepods. And did you eat one just before you posted?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

Arming teachers is the most insane thing I have ever heard.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Let the LEOs and security officials handle securing our schools and arm the teachers with text books and brain knowledge. Lord knows we are so academically far behind other Western nations we don't need other distractions. The teachers need to focus on their core competencies and trained skill sets in order to deliver the necessary information to our treasured youth. Let them do their jobs, folks. Enough of this crazy talk.

We tried gun-free zones, where no one (except law enforcement, of course) had guns. It didn't, for the fourty-eleventh dozenth time, work. 17 people, many of them children, are dead because it didn't work.

Your proposal changes nothing, except decrease the ability of kids to learn. You would have them in a Gestapo camp, surrounded by armed guards, afraid to make a single move that wasn't socially acceptable as an adult. Your proposal will not only not change anything, it will cost a minor fortune,and put kids in jail for no reason, just because an officer who doesn't know the kids thinks drawing a picture playing with Dad with a water gun last Sunday is a threat. Not to mention, we have already watched four law enforcement officers cower behind doors while children died.

We also saw teachers without guns dying to protect the students.

I have no issue with having dedicated security on campus, but there is absolutely no reason why a teacher cannot be as proficient with a firearm as a policeman. Policemen do receive training, yes, but no more training than any private citizen can receive at will. My training is shooting at tin cans and stumps in my mountain; I have no trouble picking off a target. A successful hunter must be a better shot than a defender; a hunter needs to hit a smaller target zone to not destroy precious meat, while a defender must only hit the center of mass.

A policeman, even if they are the good ones, the brave ones, cannot be in every classroom all the time. Teachers must be in the classroom. Janitors are in the halls most of the time. Principals are in their offices, typically close to the front door and in a perfect position to stop an intruder as soon as he/she intrudes with a weapon.

I know you have this fear of the evil gun, but we tried it your way. It didn't work. It's time to try something else. I for one am tired of hearing about kids dying from gunshot wounds while our 'leaders' do nothing but talk and hide. If one child's life saved by an armed teacher destroys your personal belief that an inanimate object is the true sourse of all evil in the world, so be it. I consider the child more important.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Actually, I just got a glimpse of a headline where Sheriff Israel said he demonstrated "awesome leadership."

Did he awesomely lead his men to the safe zone?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

If he is digging in his heels...it tells me he either believes he did good (and he may have reason to believe so...i just doubt it), or that he thinks his back is covered by someone.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Geesh, I wonder who in that part of Florida would have the power to make misdeeds like a murder or shooting disappear? I would think that person would have some major power play in order to protect a Sheriff that allowed a bunch of kids to die.

Though the guy could be delusional, and think he really did a good job.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

We know the FBI was involved when they ignored (twice) reports of Cruz.

Far fetched? Maybe...but given the reputation of the FBI, i'd say anything is worth looking into at this point.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I was thinking about somebody else in a neighboring district that also seems to have a current issue involving the Feds, but yep this FBI thing is crappos in my book.

I'm picturing a guy out in the manure field scooping up a piece of dog poop thinking, "this will get rid of the smell".

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

You know, I originally believed this was a major screwup by the FBI surrounding one kid who just snapped... but every time someone points something like that out, it makes me wonder a little more if my first belief was accurate.

No one could be evil enough to actually engineer something like this. No one.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Coward County Sheriff Scott Israel was also
responsible for the mishandling of the shooting
that occured at Fort Lauderdale Airport in 2017.

Five people were killed, and six others injured,
the response was a massive chaotic failure.

He needs to resign!

The Broward Sheriff’s Office failed to seize control and set up an effective command system after the deadly mass shooting at Fort Lauderdale airport, leading to a cascade of mistakes — some involving the most basic police work, according to the agency’s own draft review of the incident.

Confusion about who was in charge created a free-for-all as more than 2,000 law enforcement officers descended on the airport, their abandoned cars blocking evacuation routes. The 99-page draft report, written by sheriff’s officials, describes how the agency erred from the very beginning in controlling the shooting scene in the baggage claim area of Terminal 2, where five people died and six others were wounded.
www.sun-sentinel.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

from what i gather the responses to the two incidents did not cause any physical harm did they?

I see they charge of not securing scene and so on but have you come across info that shows the broward coward actually caused deaths or injury?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

So, are you saying someone had to die on his watch first
before he should resign?

Oh the irony....

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

The dude is a political sheriff and cares more for personal position than the protection of who chose him. He's been found to have deputies electioneering for him, on the clock in uniform.

He's a scumbag and seeing his smug face makes me want to punch him directly in it.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CX

THE SHERIFF STATED PETERSON SHOULD HAVE ENTERED BUILDING AND ENGAGED AND KILLED SHOOTER. THE SHERIFF ALSO SAID THAT PETERSONS ACTIONS MADE HIM SICK TO HIS STOMACH.

the school district should be held responsible for this event because both totally failed to prevent it all because they were trying to defraud the system for more money.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join