It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charge coward cop with..

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: bluemooone2

Peterson was named school resource officer of the year in 2014 and was nominated twice for the award. A supervisor wrote that the officer was "dependable and reliable and handles issues that arise with tact and solid judgment." Performance reports dating back decades contained similar sentiments, calling Peterson a “team player,” “model employee,” and “dedicated.” But Peterson was also the subject of at least two complaints, one of which was related to the Resident on Campus Security Program. In 1994, he was accused of conduct unbecoming an employee in a charge that was ultimately dropped. In 2015, he sent an email to school board members that called out the leadership of now-former Broward District School Police Chief Anthony Williams, who oversaw the Resident on Campus Security Program. The BCSD questioned Peterson’s discretion in sending the email and ultimately recommended he undergo counseling.

www.policeone.com...

I am wondering what his concern was in the email. Perhaps having only a handgun was one of them. Not very effective in a mass shooting incident , and an assault weapon and body armor would just look so scary on a high school campus. I think that there may be more to the story then we are being told.

Yeah so scary.

About as scary as a shooter?

Did Cruz have body armor or the cop?

JFC, AR-15 IS NOT AN ASSAULT WEAPON GD!!

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Czulkang

what a fantastic post

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Czulkang

They need to charge that police officer who stood by and did nothing while 17 children were mowed down with dereliction of Duty...

And exactly which "duty" would that be? Is there a particular statute or penal code you have in mind? Something like, "Go in, address the killer, kill the killer"? Is that spelled out somewhere?

You obviously haven't considered what this officer did accomplish, which was to call it in to get back up, give a location and description of the perp, set up a perimeter... Have you considered how long that might have taken? Have you considered the specific training procedures and protocols that he was expected to follow in such a situation? Have you considered what he was told or even ordered to do by his superiors in this specific situation? Does that matter?

Have you wondered at all -- even a little tiny bit -- why the sheriff didn't also release genuine evidence to substantiate his allegations? Where's the video of this deputy standing around for five minutes doing "nothing"? Where is the audio of the call from the deputy to dispatch? Where is the written training protocols for school resource officers in a live shooter situation? What exactly was this officer trained to do and/or not to do? What exactly was he instructed/ordered to do? Does any of that matter?

Have you considered that policing is a team effort, and that each and every member of that team depends on each other, and that one officer going off on his own tangent effectively endangers every other member of that team? Does that matter?

And please explain to me just what one officer was supposed to do... how would that look? How would that work? He is outside a three-story building with students pouring out the doors in a terrified panic... he probably has no idea which floor the perp is on... especially since the perp was moving between floors and not simply camped in one spot... Even if the officer managed to get past the students and into the building, and then manages to not get trampled going up the stairs, there are still going to be students between him and the perp, so it's not like the deputy can just start shooting and take the perp out. That sounds like a suicide mission to me, with no practical or productive purpose. Does that matter?

We now know that three other sheriff deputies likewise remained outside the building and did not engage the perp, making it far more likely that they were following protocol and/or orders, not simply cowards. Were they ordered to stand down? To wait for backup? To take up a position to take out the shooter if/when he exited? Or maybe that this was another drill and not a live shooter? Does that matter?

Are you aware that this deputy had made a written complaint against the former head of the School Resource Officer program and how it was being run? Have you considered that maybe this deputy is the good guy and he was thrown under the bus by the sheriff as payback for daring to cross that thin blue line? Or that the sheriff was trying to cover his own failures and questionable activities as sheriff by making this deputy the fall guy? Does that matter?

Neither one of us knows the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. And we sure don't know that this deputy was a coward, much less that he was derelict in his duty. I'm sure those were real fun words to say, but you don't have the facts or evidence to back them up -- much less to press criminal charges. When/if those facts do come out, AND the evidence to back them up, then we can talk criminal charges.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: Kryties

Many great men have frozen when the bullets start flying and the adrenaline starts flowing

You forgot the next part :
Then they react .

Nope. Not in the experience of thousands of great men who have melted when the bullets started flying. Just ask anyone who ever went to war.

Then , how were they great men in respect to combat ?
And I have spoke with folks that were in combat. In WW2 , my great uncle won the purple heart at the battle of the bulge at Bastogne. With the 81st Airborne. First , he was reprimanded for not falling back when ordered. He gently replied "How do I do that with a 9mm slug in my hip ?
My best friend's dad served with General Patton's 3rd Army from Italy on...
My dad was 101st airborne and fought in Korea. Yes , he was one of the group that had moved deep into NK and was forced to retreat by the Chinese regulars. They fought their way all the way back to SK . One inch at a time.
My friend's brother and more than a few of my older friends fought in Vietnam . Some didnt come back.
Do not speak to me of what you think US combat veterans are
You are not qualified.

Y

My father spent 2 tours in Vietnam in the 101st Airborne beating the bushes. He can tell you about soldiers worse than the Viet Cong and those that would break their own arms to keep from going into combat. I myself served 12 years with the 82nd Airborne 1st BCT and ranger qualified. I've been deployed to both Iraq and Afghanistan. My longest tour was extended to 18 months. Won't bore with details but I've seen a little combat over the years and I've seen some of the most well trained soldiers freeze in a firefight. Although the vast majority recover thanks to their training, some simply don't. I've seen many a man sent back stateside because they couldn't cope with the harsh reality of war.

This deputy did what most people do in a time of crisis. Nothing at all. That said, he has no training in these matters and rushing into a building with nothing but a sidearm doesn't make a hero either. He could have added to the death toll if there had been multiples shooters,explosives, or if the assailant(s) were using the students as human shields. Had he accidentally shot a student, the same condemning his actions would be asking why he even went in.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The deputy did not do the right thing, but he did not do anything illegal.
It is not a police officer's or a deputy's job to die for you or "protect and serve" you, per the SCOTUS.
Police are not military. There is no punishment of death for them, for cowardice in the face of the enemy.
Our national police have been given (or taken) way to much responsibility, authority and honor without any of the ramifications for failure.

They're just citizens doing a government job. And unless they also commit a crime, they get fired for poor performance.

I wouldn't want police being pressured into an actual legal obligation to protect and serve. Because it's one thing to say it, but another to be held to that standard.
I wouldn't want a cop defending me in a street fight, gun fight or anything else.
They're "peace officers". And as far as they're concerned everyone involved is "breaking the law".
They'll get you killed, or inadvertently kill you.
The less government is involved in your defense. The better.
If there was a good skilled teacher there that took this Cruz punk out, they wouldn't have to be giving room and board to this deamon and the deputy
Could've been the "first responder" hero!

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
charge the guy having a wimpy boss not serious bout actually being prepared......who.s his supervisor

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join