It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check engine and Trac Off lights on at same time

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Hewhowaits

Yes please, let me check that photo if possible. Thank you so much.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
rear sensor generic

front generic

Notice in the pics, you have two lines running to hub assembly, the thick one is the brake line, the small one is the wire, it leads to sensor.

When I would fix mine from mud, I would just unbolt whole thing, clean it, then reinstall, but prob overkill to do for snow.

Good to just park car in warm garage until melted in this situation.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Thank you. I think I finally understood that problem.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

No problemo, I'm kind of an old gearhead, I enjoy helping out, good luck, thaw that baby out.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
You really need to find out what codes arr set, you are literally poking in the dark without that info, usually autoparts stores do it for free.

The codes wont tell you whats wrong! I cant stand people that see a code and just replace a part. The codes will tell you where to start looking, and what parts to check. Then you can test the suspected parts.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

some auto parts places let you use a scanner for free...

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Sorry about the delay, had to plow. The exciter ring is the silver gear looking ring. It will be on the backside of the wheelhub.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Hewhowaits

Thank you. That photo helps.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

It's a Scion XD 2014

You should ask your boyfriend.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I had a problem with this last year with my 2007 Toyota Rav4.

It ended up being one of my ignition coils going bad and misfiring.

Code reader showed random misfires, but number 4 was pretty consistent.

I replaced the spark plugs and we switch the coil out with another cylinder, and sure enough the misfire code moved to the other cylinder.

Once I replaced the coil with a new one, the lights went out. Haven't had them come back since.

Moral of the story: the lights on your dash are for the most part there to just yell at you that something is wrong, but in a lot of cases are not going to tell you exactly what is wrong. In my case, the Trac Off light came on because the computer module was basically running the car in "Limp Mode" because of the misfiring coil. This causes the Trac Off light to come on.

Only by using a code reader did we figure out what the problem was.

Food for thought before you start replacing sensors, etc.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I got the new gas cap. Then the mechanic turn off the check engine light only and started the engine again. The Trac off light turned off by itself. Yesterday I used the car all day, took family for lunch, movie...., all day around. Also pushed many times the trac off light to check. All good now.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

It's a Scion XD 2014

You should ask your boyfriend.

No clue what you mean bro.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Apparently he thinks your car is not masculine enough.

Don't sweat it, I could put him in my oshkosh 6x6 logging rig and he would sh#t himself. Or any of my bikes for that matter. I've had a few tough guys jump on my old gpz 1000 (oversized cams, turbo , triple disc clutch ) and come back visibly pale and trembling -
"Your fu#kin insane" is usually what I hear from them.

Glad to hear your vehicle problemvehicle problem has been resolved though.

edit on 25-2-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hewhowaits
Apparently he thinks your car is not masculine enough.

Don't sweat it, I could put him in my oshkosh 6x6 logging rig and he would sh#t himself. Or any of my bikes for that matter. I've had a few tough guys jump on my old gpz 1000 (oversized cams, turbo , triple disc clutch ) and come back visibly pale and trembling -
"Your fu#kin insane" is usually what I hear from them.

Glad to hear your vehicle problemvehicle problem has been resolved though.

haha...., well, I was driving a QX4 before my Scion XD. Now, I save $40 a week in gas. I'm a big guy, but I fit perfectly in my little car, also plenty of room for my tools and all my metal detecting gear. I can't be happier

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

And happy hunting, be sure to let us know what you find. Any pointers for a beginner detector? I bought one for my son and one for myself, but don't really know where begin.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hewhowaits

And happy hunting, be sure to let us know what you find. Any pointers for a beginner detector? I bought one for my son and one for myself, but don't really know where begin.

Sure my friend. This is how I started :
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was so exited about all I found with a 100 bucks detector :

I used that detector for a few months and still have it as a back up. Then I understood this was my thing, so I decided to go pro. I bought a Teknetics T2 for about 500 bucks, also some ather gear is required if you want to bring it to the next level. You'll need a good pinpointer, a digging tool, a shovel and a carry bag.

Here some other detecting threads I made :

I also recommend you to check these youtube channels (the hoover boys, aquachigger, jd variety channel) , that will get you an idea of all you might need but don't go crazy at the beginning, buy a 100 buck detector and see if you really like it.

Send me a message if you need any other information

edit on 25-2-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
if this is a chevy ..... battery ground cable

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join