It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Employee Leaves Work Sick 10 Days Ago and Hasn’t Been Seen Since

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Hm, it appears his brother is also a CDC employee, interesting.

His brother's FB page says he works at the CDC:
fb linky

"Works at CDC
Worked at Laureate International Universities
Worked at Alpha Nu Omega, Inc.
Studied Leadership & Organizational Change at University of Baltimore
Studied Philosophy & Religious Studies at Morgan State University
Went to Maurice J. McDonough
Lives in Baltimore, Maryland"

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

The CDC in Atlanta Georgia where this guy works is where they keep the world's deadliest and most contagious viruses in the fridge.

Even when Congress slaps them down for mistakes, it is redacted and classified..

CDC keeps secret its mishaps with deadly germs
www.usatoday.com...

The CDC facility there includes the "Bioterrorism Germ Lab" among other things.

Just saying I will feel better when they find this guy.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

And I just need to throw this in.

The guy left work saying he didn't feel well.

This is not a cashier at home depot with a head-cold.

If a Commander, Researcher, Epidemic Intelligence Officer working at the lab with the worlds most comprehensive collection of the most fatal and incurable viruses on the globe (both natural and man-made) says "I feel kinda sick"...Don't you think they would have him check in with someone for a cheek swab or blood draw or something before he leaves the building???

edit on 26-2-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

As bad as it is to say this but I would actually be relieved if...say he’s working on something so secret that when he is accidentally infected they just disappear him right there. Maybe he never even left the facility alive???

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

As bad as it is to say this but I would actually be relieved if...say he’s working on something so secret that when he is accidentally infected they just disappear him right there. Maybe he never even left the facility alive???

I read a lot. I have vague recollections of reading about the CDC Lab in Atlanta. They are the US Response to all current and potential biological threats. That means they collect both the deadliest viruses out there AND hypothesize..meaning they create viruses they think other countries might be able to make as a weapon, so that they can research vaccines in case of bio-terrorism. They are the worlds best "Bio-Terrorism Research facility". That means they collect and invent really nasty crazy stuff to experiment with on how to hypothetically vaccinate against.

This guy was a "Commander" and "Epidemic Intelligence Officer" and had Masters and PhD from Harvard and was being rapidly promoted up through the ranks for his intelligence and aptitude.

This facility has been hammered by congress for being lax with security and safety protocols.

If he snapped, he is perfectly positioned to seriously eff-up the Human Race.

He might of just offed himself in the woods someplace (From everything I know I highly, highly think not) BUT this should be an Alphabet Agency response in finding him, not just local cops looking for a guy.

Someone please tell me FBI and Men in Black are scouring the area looking for leads.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Thats why i was thinking.A real tragedy this,whichever way you look at it.Poor guy

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come and see!” I looked and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine, and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth. (Revelation 6:7-8)

It gets more and more biblical every damn day!!

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Wonder where he worked - I imagine the CDC offices are much the same as any other office, and just because they deal with the sort of emergencies they do, it doesn't mean people with deadly viruses wander into their office. But I imagine they have labs too. Says he responded to Ebola / Zika emergencies in the past, which probably has no bearing on this current issue.

I'd think if he were that sick though, he'd go to a hospital or be found at home, not simply have disappeared. I suspect something else is going on that has nothing to do with the CDC.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Thing is though that just because they do have those level of containment labs and do that level of research doesn't mean that everyone there does it every single day.

There's a relatively high level containment lab on-site where my husband works, but just because he leaves work saying that he's feeling ill doesn't mean the two necessarily have a thing to do with one another. In fact, they have nothing to do with one another. He doesn't even work in that area anymore.

So, it's very likely that leaving to go home ill means just that.

That doesn't mean there can't be other nefarious reasons for him to disappear though.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: kathael

"Works at CDC
Worked at Laureate International Universities
Worked at Alpha Nu Omega, Inc.
Studied Leadership & Organizational Change at University of Baltimore
Studied Philosophy & Religious Studies at Morgan State University
Went to Maurice J. McDonough
Lives in Baltimore, Maryland"

Just throwing this out there:

In addition to recommending invitations for leaders from a community college and a church-funded institution, Clinton wanted a representative from a for-profit college company called Laureate International Universities, which, she explained in an email to her chief of staff that was released last year, was “the fastest growing college network in the world.”

There was another reason Clinton favored setting a seat aside for Laureate at the August 2009 event: The company was started by a businessman, Doug Becker, “who Bill likes a lot,” the secretary wrote, referring to her husband, the former president.

Inside Bill Clinton’s nearly $18 million job as ‘honorary chancellor’ of a for-profit college
edit on 26-2-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

ETA

ATLANTA – An award is being offered after a CDC worker disappeared over a week and a half ago.

Atlanta Police said Crime Stoppers is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest or indictment in the missing case of 35-year-old Timothy Cunningham.

11alive

edit on 26-2-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: additional info

edit on 26-2-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Thing is though that just because they do have those level of containment labs and do that level of research doesn't mean that everyone there does it every single day.

If you read my link above, you would see an example of where the CDC had an air leak once where if they had visitors in the building at the time it would have been possible for a simple visitor to get sick.

This man was a Researcher with dozens of published papers in scientific journals.

He was not a desk Jockey.

At a minimum, being the "Commander" of a response team plus an "Epidemic Intelligence Officer" plus "Research Scientist" meant he had access to restricted viral or bacterial material.

His disappearance should be taken very seriously by authorities.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousCitizen

The book is better. Get an e version if you can. It weighs five pounds.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousCitizen

Or Arnett Texas.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

It still doesn't mean he goes into those labs every day. I think you are very confused about what it means to be a desk jockey. It doesn't mean that you don't have the ability to work within that level of containment. Sometimes, it simply means you've advanced to the point where you no longer have to.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I'm guessing there are alphabets all over this one way or the other. It's for sure concerning. I want to hold my place to hear any updates.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It still doesn't mean he goes into those labs every day.

I did not say he spent "every day" in the labs?

I did say that the CDC has been cited often for air leaks and contamination that effected areas outside the Labs
AND
His position, job title and past experience absolutely means he has regular access to the labs and has spent extensive time in the labs.

I think you are very confused about what it means to be a desk jockey.

I neither care what you think I am confused about nor feel like explaining to you what you are confused about.

It's not relevant to the thread.

He has a list of research publications you can review as well as a bio on the CDC site. You can come to your own opinions about whether he had access to viral material or not. I interact with research scientist (not epidemiology) so am confident I understand what kind of time he spent in the lab or clean-room.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Considering what you just said, including the location in the suburbs ... I bet there is at lease maybe some (home?) security camera footage somewhere, that could help....

I hope the right people find it first.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Agreed! I spent a summer in high school reading the whole thing... would have been way less hassle if kindles were around then.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I just watched the parents interviewed on CNN still the same story, reward, they are looking for him, no evidence at the house of foul play BUT they sure stumbled over their last conversations with him. The father stated they couldn't elude to what exactly his personal issues were at the time, but that he wasn't himself. This was reported before BUT his father clearly said " he spoke to his sister Tiara last the morning he disappeared" he said they were comparing notes as to " if they spoke to the same person" now...did that mean one or both of them spoke by text last? Clearly conversations the night before they had detected and talked about something "personal and professional." Which they couldn't disclose due to ongoing investigations. The father said "if they spoke to the same person." So no evidence...like physical evidence at the scene. ( they didn't mention open windows.) It really sounded like there was question about perhaps someone else texting or their suspicions of that. They obvioisly have leads in some direction. Kidnapping maybe? The father also said " there is nothing to support them knowing he will come home unharmed." But " he trusts god will bring him home unharmed." It was weird and they plainly stated they cannot say everything. Also the reward is funded from their own go fund me campaign. I'll be keeping an ear out for any updates.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I should have reported this when this thread started. Sometime late Jan or early Feb my local DFW news reported that a previously unknown virus was found in one (or could have said a few) flu samples. I recall them using the word 'deadly'. Then I never heard it mentioned again. Tried a search today but found nothing. Haven't checked my local health dept stats but will do that now and report back.

In Sept this started pretty strange stuff. Since many want them dead anyway it would be a good place for testing.

www.theepochtimes.com...
www.thetimes.co.uk...

Kangaroos are dying in their millions, struck down by an unknown illness that causes inflammation, stilted movement, haemorrhaging and blindness. Red and grey kangaroos, which nationally number in the tens of millions, have been found dead or dying across the western plains of New South Wales. “You would see a whole family sitting there but they were all dead,” said Greg Curran, a veterinarian with 30 years’ experience and a leading researcher into kangaroo health. “It’s a disease, it’s not a genetic problem. We haven’t been able to find a bacterium, we haven’t been able to find a virus,” he told The Australian

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join