It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Live: Reinforces More Guns In Schools - How Do trump Supporters Feel?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
mentally deranged people can buy all the guns they want....by law

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

That is an outright lie.

Today we begin to disarm the criminal and the careless and the insane. All of our people who are deeply concerned in this country about law and order should hail this day.

www.presidency.ucsb.edu...

en.wikipedia.org...

Parroted AGAIN in this law.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: Irishhaf

Yeah sure, on planet earth, where I live, I suppose the police regularly stop people from breaking the law all the time... But that doesn't inherently make the arresting officer a "good guy" and the offender a "bad guy".

considering the context that this narrative started with was a recent school shooting you really want to imply the shooter wasn't a bad guy?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

I'm not a Trump supporter, per se, except when I agree with him on an issue-by-issue basis, but I do agree with his approach here.

I don't want to elaborate any further because I've already done it numerous times in other threads.

I will link to this, though, which is KY's proposed answer to this problem: Protecting Our Students and Teachers.

So far, that sounds like a good approach to the issue of arming teachers/administrators.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

You, sir, are a CFL bulb in a box of LEDs. Either you don't know the law, or you are purposefully lying.

Which is it? Because those of us who know the law and the criteria that flag a person on the NICS background-check system would like to know if you're being purposefully misleading or just parroting ignorance because it sounds good to you and matches your ideological goal.
edit on 23-2-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
So of the people that provided an opinion on More Guns In School vs Gun-Free Schools, the general conciseness here is More Guns In Schools... egads.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

No, I'm simply "implying" that it isn't responsible or intelligent to just assume all school teachers are Hollywood style superhero "good guys"... who should automatically be trusted to be armed, well enduring their notoriously psychologically stressful work environment.

Sounds like the perfect recipe for disaster...

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: face23785

A 19 year old man wants to murder a bunch of kids at a school. However, the laws have been changed and prevent him from walking into a gun store and buying an AR-15 or even a handgun.

We don't have to.

Lanza killed his mother to obtain the one he used.

Neither the background check or age limit would have prevented it.

I did address that in my post. I mentioned you could just steal one from a family member. You don't necessarily have to kill them, but there's that too.

Background checks and age limits only stop the law-abiding. Study after study has shown criminals get their guns through illegal means, such as straw purchases, theft and black market.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

You, sir, are a CFL bulb in a box of LEDs. Either you don't know the law, or you are purposefully lying.

Which is it? Because those of us who know the law and the criteria that flag a person on the NICS background-check system would like to know if you're being purposefully misleading or just parroting ignorance because it sounds good to you and matches your ideological goal.

With the majority of these folks, it's the latter. They read something that sounds clever at Mother Jones or some other ridiculously uninformed and biased outlet and they just repeat it, becoming "useful idiots" as the phrase goes. It's only the higher ups in these gun control groups and some members of Congress that know a lot of the # they peddle is baseless propaganda.

Most people, as they become more informed about guns, become more pro-gun. There's a reason for that. As you learn more, you discover a lot of the stuff you thought you knew was lies. That was me about 10 years ago. Sadly, some folks just don't want to become informed. Ever.
edit on 23 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I think every school should have teachers that are carrying. Trained, certified & carrying.

And for those that are squeamish, let them carry a taser.

Personally, i would feel far more confident with my kids attending a school where teachers are TRAINED & packing a piece.

Just knowing that they can defend themselves, generally deters that type of an attack.

"Gun Free Zones" are only gun free for the ones getting attacked. And easy targets.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

That is an outright lie.

Today we begin to disarm the criminal and the careless and the insane. All of our people who are deeply concerned in this country about law and order should hail this day.

www.presidency.ucsb.edu...

en.wikipedia.org...

Parroted AGAIN in this law.

en.wikipedia.org...

read it yourself....here's the bill.....

www.congress.gov...

so what's the lie?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Frankly I don't see how anyone can dismiss protecting children from murderous gunmen as a bad idea.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

WHAT does this say?

It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person—

4) has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution;

Just exactly WHAT the EFF does this;

This joint resolution nullifies the “Implementation of the NICS Improvement Amendments Act of 2007” rule finalized by the Social Security Administration on December 19, 2016. The rule implements a plan to provide to the National Instant Criminal History Background Check System the name of an individual who meets certain criteria, including that benefit payments are made through a representative payee because the individual is determined to be mentally incapable of managing them. (Current law prohibits firearm sale or transfer to and purchase or possession by a person who has been adjudicated as a mental defective.)

Since when did high school kids become senior citizens?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Obama tried to get mentally imbalanced people to be included in a NICS backround check.....republicans and trump passed a law prohibiting that...they are affectively saying...NO NICS BACKROUND CHECKS ON THE MENTALLY ILL....it's pretty clear to me

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Trump removed the clause that just because someone is on social security, doesn't mean that they shouldn't be able to own a firearm.
Example being people of Hawaii who had medical marijuana cards were told to turn in their firearms, because somehow that made you insane.

He's actually for responsible firearms ownership, Obama just wanted to keep encroaching and eroding the 2nd amendment.
edit on 23-2-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Obama tried to get mentally imbalanced people to be included in a NICS backround check...

What Obama did was trying to give a government agency power to perform a background check.

Rather an odd thing to do since the Social Security Administration function is not even related to the business it is suppose to perform.

Pay old people.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Obviously there would have to be a very careful approach. Lower grades, armed trained teachers would do. But in higher grades I think you better have either very highly trained ex-military teachers, cops or just have current cops with guns. Older kids might be trying some gun grabbing of their own.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: craterman
Obviously there would have to be a very careful approach. Lower grades, armed trained teachers would do. But in higher grades I think you better have either very highly trained ex-military teachers, cops or just have current cops with guns. Older kids might be trying some gun grabbing of their own.

That's one reason why a lot of the schools who have already done this keep the identity of the teachers that are trained and carrying anonymous. It also keeps a shooter from potentially targeting them as his first victims. When you know there are armed people in the building, but you're not sure who they are, that's going to be a deterrent. Will it stop everyone? Of course not. But you don't see these people shooting up gun shows do you?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Obama tried to get mentally imbalanced people to be included in a NICS backround check...

What Obama did was trying to give a government agency power to perform a background check.

Rather an odd thing to do since the Social Security Administration function is not even related to the business it is suppose to perform.

Pay old people.

have you heard of survivors benefits?....obviously not......I was trying to point out ONE SMALL attempt by Obama to keep crazy people from buying guns when 3 months later the republicans got their marching orders from the NRA and the republicans f'in repealed it......nothing is going to be changed......you sane and insane people buy all the guns you want, because nothing is going to change.....I'm done for today

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

..I was trying to point out ONE SMALL attempt by Obama to keep crazy people from buying guns when 3 months later the republicans got their marching orders from the NRA and the republicans f'in repealed it...

What someone was doing was clearly ignoring the Gun Control Act of 1968 and Brady Handgun Prevention Act of 1993.

Because it was made illegal over a decade ago.

What Obama tried to do was give a government agency power it has no business having.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join