It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Slams Car Into Middlesex Hospital Entrance, Sets Himself On Fire, Records It Live On Facebook

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

What a bloody crap world we live in. When is this nonsense going to end.

Ladies and gentlemen, here's my disease
Give me a standing ovation and your sympathy
Poor old johnny yen set himself on fire again

See the jeaned genie on his high-wire act
At the back of his mind lies a suicide pact

See the young men itching to burn
Waiting for their own star turn
Needing danger, a war would do
If they can't let it out, they'll pick on you

See houdini and his underwater tricks
You were sitting at the front, hoping his locks would stick
Watch knievel hit the 17th bus
You got crushed in the souvenir rush

I said poor old johnny yen set himself on fire again
See the young men itching to burn
Waiting for their own star turn
Needing danger, a war would do
If they can't let it out, they'll pick on you

Ladies and gentlemen, here's my disease
Give me a standing ovation and your sympathy

Come on, somebody, finish him off please
Put the poor fool out of his misery, will you
Can't you see he's had enough?
Finish him off, somebody

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
when did this happen?

Yesterday (or today - I'm in Australia so my timezone is different).

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Well that's some proper mentalist $#!t.

Murica needs to have a chat about fixing mental health provision and ting

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: Kryties

ntent" is the key word here. The school and Vegas shooters had a clear intent to mass murder people, there is no clear intent in this case.

You are so bias.. This is as clear intent as there is. He could have lit himself on fire at his own house, or in his own yard or in the street.

No he filled his car with full gas cans then crashed it into a hospital and then lit it.

That is intent and will absolutely be ruled that way by authorities your idiotic ramblings will not change that.

Just when one begins to think it has all quietened down and sanity has returned to a debate.......

.....then this.

/sigh

Your agenda is as clear as day mate. You WANT this to be about "filthy liberals". YOU are politicizing this, not us, not even the officials who are investigating it......YOU ARE.

Give up mate, it's simply not going to work on us. It might work on other far-right conspiracy forums but here there are too many actually intelligent people for it to have any effect.

You have to admit, Kryties, this wasn't a passive reaching out for attention. I don't like the political angle either so lets put that aside. If we take this at face value, this is a young man that, with some forethought, got several containers and filled them with gasoline (petrol). He then put them in his vehicle and deliberately drove into a building. He had to know that was a dangerous thing to do and someone could get seriously hurt. If that isn't intent, then nothing is. In court, yes, he could plead insanity.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

It's the same thing as when someone is deemed mentally incompetent to stand trial due to extreme mental health problems. When and if he ever snaps out of the delusion that he is in he may find himself mortified that he did it.

I'm glad no one else got hurt, and I'm fairly certain he will be too once he gets the help that he so clearly desperately needs.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

It's the same thing as when someone is deemed mentally incompetent to stand trial due to extreme mental health problems. When and if he ever snaps out of the delusion that he is in he may find himself mortified that he did it.

I'm glad no one else got hurt, and I'm fairly certain he will be too once he gets the help that he so clearly desperately needs.

Likewise I'm glad no one was hurt or killed. Regardless, I don't see a good future for him if he even survives. Whatever state he was in when he went on his trek, there's no doubt in my mind he'll be a very different person from now on. Whatever issues he had will seem meaningless and small.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

What a bloody crap world we live in. When is this nonsense going to end.

Must be a UK thing but why would anyone write a song like that? What's the backstory?
edit on Fri Feb 23 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: Quote Crash Course

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

LOL LOL lOl Like you know him? You are certain. I am certain he will regret not killing anyone and still being alive.
edit on 23-2-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

This guy needed help, and guess what, they have closed the mental hospitals to save money years ago. All that's left is spin.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Notice he didn't mention the Masons?

I just took it as a "given."

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Oh I absolutely agree he has a long and difficult journey ahead, some of it involuntarily locked in a mental institution and the rest contemplating what he did. That's not even mentioning the physical aspects of it.

Having suffered depression and anxiety myself, and a little psychosis many years ago when I used to take drugs (been clean for many years, I had a thing for Speed the precursor to Meth), I know first hand how the mind can play tricks on you and make you do things that, in hindsight, are mortifying. I tend to give people like this fellow the benefit of the doubt before I go calling for his head.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Oh I absolutely agree he has a long and difficult journey ahead, some of it involuntarily locked in a mental institution and the rest contemplating what he did. That's not even mentioning the physical aspects of it.

Having suffered depression and anxiety myself, and a little psychosis many years ago when I used to take drugs (been clean for many years, I had a thing for Speed the precursor to Meth), I know first hand how the mind can play tricks on you and make you do things that, in hindsight, are mortifying. I tend to give people like this fellow the benefit of the doubt before I go calling for his head.

I understand! I suppose it's all about experience and perspective. I respect your point of view... but I like to argue/debate

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Must be a UK thing but why would anyone write a song like that? What's the backstory?

The lyrics are about people who want to seek attention.

Their attention seeking is for different reasons. Sometimes with tragic results.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

I understand! I suppose it's all about experience and perspective. I respect your point of view... but I like to argue/debate

Hehe no worries at all mate. I thoroughly enjoy a good debate too.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
He aint as mad as I first thought when I read this on the phone.

I just skimmed it and spent a while wondering what idiot would crash his car into Middlesex hospital to protest Trump...Then I realised this was in the US and although it was still a stupid idea, I figured at least it wasn't one of our lefty morons.

On a side note, I saw Trump's speech, the CPAC one. 700 Billion for the military.

I reckon a quarter of that would make a huge difference to the mental health provision for Americans.

edit on 28pFri, 23 Feb 2018 17:32:28 -060020182018-02-23T17:32:28-06:00kAmerica/Chicago28000000k by SprocketUK because: Typed it like boss

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Imagine that! America stops blowing people up and actually starts caring for their own.

That would be an alternate reality I could deal with.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
On a side note, I saw Trump's speech, the CPAC one. 700 Billion for the military.

To be fair, we do have a lot of enemies.

I reckon a quarter of that would make a huge difference to the mental health provision for Americans.

It could certainly build some bigger prisons, although outsourcing should definitely be the way to go in that regard. Subsidized Siberian prisons would be pretty cheap. Don't even have to build walls.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

You sure you aren't really Doug?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
You sure you aren't really Doug?

Pretty sure.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Ban everything!!!!!