It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m a military man and I think we should ban assault weapons

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: nwtrucker

You folks who play down the power of this killing machine are actually demonstrating against one reason for having the gun.

You have it to fight some mythical war against the government who will have full automatic real assault guns you have to go up against with your flimsy AR 15

What’s the point?

The point is there's a # load more AR-15s in civilian hands than any army can handle. There are more guns in the State of Alabama than the entire U.S. military's inventory.

So you think somebody’s going to attack Alabama

And you really believe the government who has lethal weapons to kill everybody in Alabama in 2 seconds flat would be worried about that

You don't make much of a point.

All of those guns are no threat to any hypothetical force attacking Alabama.

Those guns, though, are a threat to the people of Alabama

Only in your mind. No more than the cars in Alabama are a threat the Citizens of Alabama.

As far as the Feds go, total annihilation can't be stopped by any means. So no worries. LOL. Subjugation is a different story. 300-330 MILLION weapons in the hands of the civilian population. Much less than a million trained troops.

Your compulsive effort to negate the value, deterrent-wise isn't going to fly. Your bucking 200 plus years of DNA encoded survival traits.

You have zero chance.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Look, they already have laws that say you can’t own a machine gun, a grenade, bazooka, or military type weapons.

Is that law against the 2nd amendment?

If you allow laws against any weaponry you can allow it on anything.

Where do you draw the line?

The 2nd amendment does not allow you to have a nuclear weapon in your basement.

Sure you could have a hand gun or a less lethal rifle and moderate wepaons

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Are you aware there are laws against a citizen having a machine gun?

Is it alright with you that people have machine guns in Alabama?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

You folks who play down the power of this killing machine are actually demonstrating against one reason for having the gun.

You have it to fight some mythical war against the government who will have full automatic real assault guns you have to go up against with your flimsy AR 15

What’s the point?

The point is there's a # load more AR-15s in civilian hands than any army can handle. There are more guns in the State of Alabama than the entire U.S. military's inventory.

And you really believe the government who has lethal weapons to kill everybody in Alabama in 2 seconds flat would be worried about that

Because the guns are just gonna jump up and start shooting people????

The logical fallacy of the left is amazing and the hypocrisy

When there's a cop shooting a black man they don't blame the gun they blame the cop

Proof this b.s. isn't genuine, it's agenda driven

It’s not an agenda just people’s opinion. Ralph Peters is a known arch conservative.

BUT it is an agenda because it makes no sense.....And if he was such a gun rights activist he would know that they already are inaccessible to anyone but someone w the utmost clear of backgrounds......And that they haven't been used in ANY of these.....

Therefore how does that solve the problem? It doesn't

Therefore disingenuous and b.s. pandering

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

What’s the point?

When there's a cop shooting a black man they don't blame the gun they blame the cop

It’s not an agenda just people’s opinion. Ralph Peters is a known arch conservative.

BUT it is an agenda because it makes no sense.....And if he was such a gun rights activist he would know that they already are inaccessible to anyone but someone w the utmost clear of backgrounds......And that they haven't been used in ANY of these.....

The man didn’t say he was any kind of gun activist; he’s just expressing his opinion

Is that alright with you?

If people don’t agree with you they have to be on an agenda?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I supported an independent candidate that ran as a Democrat before Trump won the nomination. His stance on this issue changed my view.

He supported civilians having all sorts of firearms. He wanted people like ex military or active duty, police or trained security forces to have assault rifles or military grade weapons. If not a special course would be mandatory for everyone else and even then there would be restrictions on military grade weapons if you have no business having them.

I can live with that. If you want the big guns, be a person who takes them seriously enough to train for them.

I know some will say "will not be infringed upon". They are technically right.

Personally, I could entertain a middle ground.

edit on 2 23 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

What’s the point?

The man didn’t say he was any kind of gun activist; he’s just expressing his opinion

Not if the arguments are well informed and factually accurate.....

BUT again that's how you tell the difference between agenda and actual resolution...

Don't slam me you're the one that posted this guy as a 2nd amendment advocate, but somehow he is ignorant of the facts?

I call bs

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Its impossible to have a reasoned debate with someone who not only doesnt understand the subiect matter, but also insists on changing the definition of well eatablished terminology just to try to prop up a ludicrous argument thats already been lost

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I agree, I think people should be able to have and carry hand guns.

But you can’t legally own a machine gun or any automatic weapon unless it’s some kind of antique or manufactured before 1986.

That’s a gun restriction. Is that anti 2nd amendment?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Do you think people should be legally able to have machine guns?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
People should be legally able to own whatever they are qualified ,both mentally, and skill knowledge to own....

W exception to bombs.....

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

What’s the point?

BUT again that's how you tell the difference between agenda and actual resolution...

Don't slam me you're the one that posted this guy as a 2nd amendment advocate, but somehow he is ignorant of the facts?

I call bs

If they don’t make sense to you or are just ignorant then their on an agenda.

With that logic then Trump is on the biggest agenda in history!

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Then you believe people should be able to own automatic weapons, a machine gun for instance.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I'm going to make this super easy. For all his merits, he fails at the very bedrock basics and thus his argument is nullified despite all the feels.

The standard argument deployed in reply to demands that military-grade weapons be banned or mildly restricted from public sale cites the Second Amendment to our Constitution. Well, here’s what the Second Amendment actually says: “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” That “well regulated militia” part always gets left out. It’s called the “National Guard” and “the Reserves.” Did any of the recent shooters belong to a “well regulated militia”?

Simply:

The Supreme Court held:[45]

(1) The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. Pp. 2–53.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

What’s the point?

I call bs

If they don’t make sense to you or are just ignorant then their on an agenda.

With that logic then Trump is on the biggest agenda in history!

That's not what I said......i said factually accurate....But thanks for trying twist that into something else...

My response was pretty clear despite your efforts to turn it another direction or deflect

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Then you believe people should be able to own automatic weapons, a machine gun for instance.

Read what I wrote......it was clear

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

He didn’t contradict that. He just defined what a militia is.

The crux of the issue is whether the government can regulate firearms and the SCOTUS has said YES.

There are federal laws on the books now restricting the owning of automatic weapons, like machine guns.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

What is not factual?

What is not well informed?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Read what I wrote......it was clear

Of course you have to concede, if I may say the pretty crazy idea of allowing machine guns in peoples homes, because if you didn’t you’d have to concede the legal right of the government to restrict firearms ownership an absolute
contradiction to you’re 2nd amendment philosophy

I just wanted it out in the open that you think automatic weapons MACHINE GUNS, should be legal.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Case closed
next case

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join