It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump expected to hit North Korea with ‘largest package of sanctions’ yet

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

U.S. President Donald Trump is due to announce its largest package of sanctions yet against North Korea to further pressure Pyongyang over its nuclear and missile program, as South Korea readies itself for more talks with the North’s officials.

Tougher sanctions may jeopardize the latest detente between the two Koreas amid their preparations to create conditions appropriate to hold a summit between North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon Jae-in.

A senior U.S. administration official, who spoke to Reuters on condition of anonymity, called the new penalties “the largest package of new sanctions against the North Korea regime,” without giving details.

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un said he wants to boost the “warm climate of reconciliation and dialogue” with South Korea after a high-level delegation including his sister returned from the Winter Olympics.

I wonder how things will develop now...

Maybe they should've did this when they were launching missiles everywhere. But now?

What are your thoughts, ATS?

Source

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

In the mean time, the Russian sanctions are still collecting dust.........

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Well the sanctions on Russia are punishment for them trying to do what America does.... Meddle in elections, and if we don't get our way invade.

Except they invaded a country with a lot of ethnic Russians. Iraq only had a small percentage of "ethnic Americans" lol.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I haven't seen Russia threaten us with a nuclear attack either. If were going to throw sanctions on Russia for whatever it is you feel they need more sanctions for, then we'd have to throw sanctions on pretty much any developed country around the world, including ourselves.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
"We have to treat people that treat us well, we treat them well. People that treat us badly, we treat them much worse than they can ever imagine."

Oh dear, that's gonna trigger a stampede of tweets and scripted outrage, this is gonna be epic!!

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

I haven't seen Russia threaten us with a nuclear attack either. If were going to throw sanctions on Russia for whatever it is you feel they need more sanctions for, then we'd have to throw sanctions on pretty much any developed country around the world, including ourselves.

Your right, they ALREADY HAVE ATTACKED US!

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Meanwhile Russia is supporting Fat Boy low key......

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Cant they just man up like in the old days... and do a WWF steel cage match to settle this beef once and for all?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Well the sanctions on Russia are punishment for them trying to do what America does.... Meddle in elections, and if we don't get our way invade.

Except they invaded a country with a lot of ethnic Russians. Iraq only had a small percentage of "ethnic Americans" lol.

You know what, our democracy was already "attacked" because you follow the orange man, you are happy. You have been informed by our intel, that we were"ATTACKED" "Attacked" is a QUOTE from our intle. You could care less. Pathetic.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
More sanctions will only further strengthen their resolve and make them test more missiles.
edit on 23-2-2018 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

You know what, our democracy was already "attacked" because you follow the orange man, you are happy. You have been informed by our intel, that we were"ATTACKED" "Attacked" is a QUOTE from our intle. You could care less. Pathetic

It sure was.

The losers lost, and can't get over so their using LEO as their own personal gestapo.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

You know what, our democracy was already "attacked" because you follow the orange man, you are happy.

I'm not a Trump supporter, in my opinion we had two bad options last election.

That said, they haven't done anything to us we haven't done to them and the rest of the world, including our allies.

Forgive me for not taking a political side in how to deal with another country with fake outrage.

You fail to make the connection the Steele dossier got just as much publicity and traction as the troll farms. They played both sides to get everyone to argue and you're playing the part of one of the sides.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

That said, they haven't done anything to us we haven't done to them and the rest of the world, including our allies.

Give it up.

Your talking to bots.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Remember the Cuban Missil crisis?

www.history.com...

With both sides still possessing global annihilation capability; this won't end well...many mini crisis around the globe and especially the mideast will eventually lead to a military confrontation. It will be glorious!!
edit on 23-2-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Junkheap
More sanctions will only further strengthen their resolve and make them test more missiles.

That's my thought as well.

It's a dumb move they do it at the moment NK is trying to be a good neighbor again.

Or maybe the US doesn't want them to be good...

Who knows their agenda?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Meanwhile Russia is supporting Fat Boy low key......

Obama supported ISIS low key, what's your point?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

My bet is they were referring to post Cold War.

Last I checked NATO uses every opportunity to get closer to their border even though it was in agreement we wouldn't expand.

I haven't seen any ruskies in south or north America recently.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I think North Korea are perfectly entitled just to ignore this clown

He also says "Gun free schools put pupils in more danger"

edit on -216002018-02-23T10:16:01-06:000000000128201801022018Fri, 23 Feb 2018 10:16:01 -0600 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Last I checked NATO uses every opportunity to get closer to their border even though it was in agreement we wouldn't expand.

Ever been to Brighton Beach in NYC? Think there might be a few covert ops hiding out there?
edit on 23-2-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Ever been to Brighton Beach in NYC?

Hahahahhaha, Adidas track suits are civilian uniforms. No cause for alarm, hell see them on Easter and you'll get some great perogies.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join