It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students w no life experience or full understanding Used to push CNN agenda? How is it ok?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: TheJesuit

Keep belittling them. Most of them will be voting age in 2020.

I see that you are getting the point.

Public schools have been more like indoctrination centers for a few decades now. Kids are manipulated into what to think and how to live. There is a scary group-think going on in public schools and colleges. Kids can no longer think for themselves, and that is exactly how certain people want them. They are raising generations of people that are easily duped and will vote how they are told, and protest on demand.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

I would definitely argue that seeing your friends and fellow classmates killed in a mass shooting is life experience, regardless of whether I agreed with them or not.

Dismissing people’s opinions out of hand like such does more to strengthen their resolve.

Yes, but they aren't any kind of expert on law or gun violence. And most don't have the experience or education yet to really know the answers.

Ah, so will they finally have the answers and experience necessary to guide their decisions when they agree with you?

I didn’t suggest they were experts, I argued that you can’t possibly claim they don’t have the life experience to form opinions when they were in the middle of a massacre.
I'm not a right winger nor necessarily pro gun. I'm just pointing out that even very precocious and brilliant young people are often immature in a variety of ways. One school shooting and experiencing that doesn't change that. Interviewing them and hearing their persective is important. Using them as political cannon fodder and elevating a certain subset of them that are anti gun is different.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

In MA teachers and professors literally tell their students to not vote if they won't vote Democrat. I personally experienced it.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Doesn't change the fact they are clueless. Just like you and I were at that age.

But generation Z is widely believed to be far more conservative.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
So instead of mourning students are bussed around to protest an issue they don't fully understand? What has this once great Country been turned in to?
Students are IN school to learn How to approach an issue from All sides and use and practice critical thinking skills CNN and whomever else is pushing coaxing, and manipulating should be outlawed completely. HS students should be off limits for known propaganda outlets.

Oh yea they remind me of certain that use children as human shields.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
young kids are easily brainwashed... they will vote dem, b/c that is how they are being programmed...

i prlly wont be alive when america is a full fascist dictatorship and people who vote for that are rounded up and slaughtered, frankly... they will deserve it
edit on 25-2-2018 by Jiggly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

I would definitely argue that seeing your friends and fellow classmates killed in a mass shooting is life experience, regardless of whether I agreed with them or not.

Dismissing people’s opinions out of hand like such does more to strengthen their resolve.

Yes, but they aren't any kind of expert on law or gun violence. And most don't have the experience or education yet to really know the answers.

When adults on the Internet can read up on a topic and become reasonably well informed in it within a few days because of the Internet, what makes you think that a reasonably bright 14 year old can't do the same?

I was certainly capable of it at age 14 (and that was long before the Internet.)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
At some point this is just virtue signaling, with all due respect.

Few adults seem to grasp comprehensive policies, history, unintended consequences, etc. In my experience, that includes a lot of otherwise smart, accomplished, very well educated people with far more experience than teenagers.

You weren't an expert on any topic at 14, and neither was I. I wasn't at 17 either. This isn't any insult to teenagers, it's just generally true. Now, an idea from a teenager shouldn't be dismissed automatically either. They often do have intelligent ideas.

In my social impact, gov, and NGO work even some of the most brilliant and precocious young people at let's say 22 still had gaps and immaturity in other ways, which came out eventually in one way or another. In short, it takes a long time to build up the comprehensive life and work experience to understand the effects of policies.

a reply to: Byrd

edit on 25-2-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join