It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sensible gun control

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The media and gun control advocates will never admit these facts-1 A full auto can be made in a well equipped home work shop.2-if somethings illegal criminals will do a brisk trade in it.3- a Henry rifle made in 1865 can fire 16 shots almost as fast as a AR,when empty a pair of cap and ball pistols give 12 more quick shots,just look what was done back in the day.4- a shotgun and several speedloaders would absolutely be devastating used on a crowd,the body count would be awful.5.someone determined to kill lots of people will sooner or later pack a vehicle full of gas,propane, or diesel and fertilizer and blow up hundreds of people at one time.Mental illness is our real problem,,not guns or vehicles.Since the 1975 SCOTUS decision that ended involuntary institionilization there have been 150 + school shootings,in the 43 years before there were less than 10(see Phil Valentines webpage for greater detail).Time to start putting these people in a facility for their health and safety as well as the rest of society.
edit on 23-2-2018 by ridgerunner because: spelling

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
If automatic and semi automatic has to be explained?

Lay off of telling me what my right should be.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Criminals don't give a damn about gun laws.

You will only be unarming the law abiding citizens. Why can't people understand this.

If all it took was a law, why didn't the it's illegal to commit murder stop them? But your law will?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

You will only be unarming the law abiding citizens. Why can't people understand this.

They are incapable of comprehending that 99.99% of us do not do anything at all.

They are hell-bent on becoming new China.
edit on 23-2-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

great post, it should be a thread and a sticky. Oh, and you should be paid handsomely for it.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The same people who think citizens shouldn't have gun rights are the ones that think illegals should have voting rights.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The same people who think citizens shouldn't have gun rights are the ones that think illegals should have voting rights.

I often wonder why I don't hear
"If removing illegal aliens would just save one life, why wouldn't you do it?"

The hypocrisy of the left never ceases to amaze me.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

I often wonder why I don't hear
"If removing illegal aliens would just save one life, why wouldn't you do it?"

The hypocrisy of the left never ceases to amaze me.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I saw that at their convention in PA a year ago.

Pro illegal anti gun.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
How about sensible psychopath control?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne
Anything I want to protect myself from. I don't know where you live but I live in the real world and in here there's people who would like to do you harm. So in my world I like to feel protected. If not for the development of...(read the following really, really, slowly) ...........FULLY AUTOMATIC WEAPONS we all would probably be driving Volkswagens....Read up on the difference of ....Automatic & Fully Automatic.....big damn difference. The biggest difference being...IT"S ILLEGAL TO OWN A FULLY AUTOMATIC WEAPON IN THE USA... unless you have a damn butt load of money and permits to do so. Please educate yourself in the difference between......Automatic & Fully Automatic......it makes all the difference in the world.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
How bout sensible reading skills?

Begin with the Bill of Rights.

End on the 14th amendment,

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

crimefictionbook.com...

Here's a link to help support your post.

edit on 23-2-2018 by Im2keul because: grammar

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I like you Neo96. But they want read it, when they do they want understand it.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Im2keul

Address that link to the OP....I'm good on my rights & the laws, oh I see that it is directed at the OP.....to help the OP understand my long winded explanation....Thanks. To the OP, to put it short & sweet.....if you don't know the difference between Semi-automatic & Fully-automatic then you just need to sit down and shut-up. Anything else is just you flapping your gums about a subject of which you know little. I have to go and shoot some targets kill some wine bottles as this thread has me wanting to shoot my Scholfields.
edit on 23-2-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

How about some "sensible" murder control laws.

If we pass laws for tighter restrictions on murdering people, it would reduce all murders and then you don't have to worry about knives, guns, etc.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Whether automatic or manual what purpose does having a weapon capable of firing 30 rounds per minute necessary?

So...basically anything other than a muzzle loader?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: craterman
in·fringe·ment
inˈfrinjmənt/
noun
noun: infringement; plural noun: infringements

the action of breaking the terms of a law, agreement, etc.; violation.
"copyright infringement"
the action of limiting or undermining something.
"the infringement of the right to privacy"

Now, go read the 2nd Amendment again. Don't shovel any crap from the black robes devils either, they don't wear black robes for nothing.

On the same note:

regulated; regulating
transitive verb
1 a : to govern or direct according to rule
b (1) : to bring under the control of law or constituted authority (2) : to make regulations for or concerning regulate the industries of a country
2 : to bring order, method, or uniformity to regulate one's habits

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Things will need to be put in place eventually of what citizens can and cannot have.
We can debate the AR-15 today (of which my sister has one and loves it / competitive shooting and all sorts)

But consider where weapons will be in say, 100 years..hell, 50 years or even sooner.
Eventually we will have handheld devices that can wipe out entire neighborhoods in seconds. Should that be accessable to your typical joe?

Gotta think long term. Unlikely the founding fathers considered the massive leaps in weapons tech, and it seems nobody today is considering where its gonna go from here.
smart bullets, genetic trace bullets, mini missiles, lasers, etc.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

If we pass laws for tighter restrictions on murdering people, it would reduce all murders and then you don't have to worry about knives, guns, etc.

I wish they'd just be honest, and give me a definitive number of just how many hoops I have to jump through to practice an inalienable right.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join