It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archaeologists Think They've First-Ever Evidence of a Legendary Biblical Prophet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Batman is real lol. People all over the world gather mass amounts of money & create great technological tools & only keep it for themselves in some secret lair. Then at night, or day with cloak tech., go out & do superhero stuff. lol. Conspiracy theorist like to call them.. The Elite lol

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
From the article:

"The seal could have belonged to some other Isaiah hanging around at the time, since the name was a common one, and bullae commonly reference the signatory's father. Isaiah's father was not Navi, but Amoz."

Only a fool would claim this is 100% proof. Got to think harder than that.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Benny hinn is a real person but he's a fraud.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

('stripes' are wounds on His back from being whipped)

That was written 700 years before Christ. Isaiah is my favorite major prophet.

Awesome.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Wasn't Isaiah really referring to Jerusalem/zion?

Even today, what's stopping anyone from claiming he has fulfilled that or some other scripture like one preacher I know who claims to be "son of Jesus Christ?"

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I can think of no other branch that is so subject to confirmation bias.

Really, what about "man made" climate change? I can't think of a branch of science that is scrutinized as heavily as Biblical archaeology.

I was discussing branches of archaeology.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
A common name, so proves nothing.

Wait till they find out that the name Jesus is less than 400 years old.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JugHead

I agree. I would love for this to be true, though its doubtful.

They found a clay impression. Its not a signature or physical evidence.

Was the name uncommon? This was found near human remains?

How is this then associated to the prophet?

edit on 2 24 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I don't need no archeologist to find a pot or proof of a prophet. I know I was crwated by God. And that God created everything and manking started with Adam and Eve. And Jesus Christ(God in the flesh) sacrificed himself for me and all of mankind, my lord and savior.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

The possibility is certainly there. I look forward to further information in the coming months.

Biblical archaeology is fascinating.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

meh researchers should just demand access to the vatican vaults and put this religious # to bed !

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Isn't Isaiah one of those two prophet dudes that are supposed to come back from the dead and preach with sack cloths on for 42 months then killed just prior to Jesus' grand entrance?

And then the last card pops up.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

None of it proves the existence of a god though.

Even if every person and place in the bible is found to be real.

After all, harry potter talks about real people and places but that doesn't prove the existence of magic .

And even if you found the real sorting hat , it still wouldn't prove magic, unless it came to life and started talking that is.

edit on 25-2-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I'm an agnostic at best...only because I can't prove for the moment that we are not living in a simulated universe.. Whole other thread, but for me the archeological find is simply fascinating, that proofs of the prophets existence, and their effects on history should not be written off.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Very interesting, yes.
And I do believe that the bible has historical accounts written in it.

I only wrote that because even if this man is proven to have existed it wouldn't mean that everything ever said about him is true. A lot of people are going to think that way though.

I don't think there is such a thing as a true prophet. Just people that believe that they are.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

And what difference would it actually make in your life if you DID have "proof"?

People are going to believe what they want to believe until they see it with their own eyes.

Wisdom is only gained through experience, proof must be experienced personally.

“Trying to prove God is like defending a lion, it don’t need your help, just unlock the cage.”

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkuniverse
a reply to: tadaman

I don't need no archeologist to find a pot or proof of a prophet. I know I was crwated by God. And that God created everything and manking started with Adam and Eve. And Jesus Christ(God in the flesh) sacrificed himself for me and all of mankind, my lord and savior.

In the moments of truth finding..and utter revealing those of us who demand answers to all (and who will get them too)...do not have any problem at all in allowing all of your beliefs to be torn open to the most EXTREME levels so you can then focus your attentions on the horrors of being manipulated entirely for millions of years.

And then we do have a sword for you as well...to remove the "Gods" you revere, and love.

They are strong but will be no match for you, then.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

and just 3m away they found they found the disc...and that changed everything....
scientific evidence, actual visual images of the batman with sound...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join