It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sir Peter Horsley - Mr. Janus and Princess Diana

page: 1

join
share:
JAK

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
A while back now I said:

Source
This could be very interesting, I was just writing up a post about Sir Peter Horsley's encounter for ATS.

Which I finished then promptly lost, seeing the thread Police hunt for new Diana clues reminded me about, as far as I am concerned, this fascinating encounter.

Many of you will instantly recognize the name of Sir Peter Horsley (1921 – 2001), the former RAF squadron leader who rose to the position of equerry to Prince Phillip and then on further to Air Marshall, which in itself is an interesting turn of events.

I say this because reportedly, while in the position of equerry to Prince Phillip and with his apparent blessing and despite the request that such undertaking should be ‘low key’ apparent encouragement, Sir Peter Horsley spent a large amount of time investigating the matter of UFO’s. At the time the Queen’s cousin, Lord Louis Mountbatten, was also reported to have an avid interest in the subject. A interest that has been, I believe, confirmed by his children and other around him at that time and is recorded fact. These two high status gentlemen were to find themselves in each other’s company as they looked further into the subject.

The main reason for the connection between Sir Peter Horsley and the untimely death of the Princess of Wales is through a technique known as ‘Boston Brakes’.

In Stephen Reid’s book - “Princess Diana: the Hidden Evidence” he quotes an unnamed source, reportedly a former SAS sergeant, as recognizing similarities between the ‘Boston Brakes’ technique and the tragic events of that fateful night, and it is this technique that links the Death of Diana Princess of Wales with the story of Sir Peter Horsley. Later in the book the details of this technique are confirmed by Sir RanulphTwistleton-Wykeham-Fiennes former SAS officer and noted in the Guiness Book of Records as “the worlds greatest living explorer” who enlists as an example the ‘assassination’ of Major Michael Marman. In 1986 Major Marman was involved in a fatal car crash close to Stonehenge. The details of the incident are available mailman.xmission.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">here

Source

In his autobiography, Sounds From Another Room, Horsley says that he was accelerating to about 60 miles an hour when the car began to react strangely. He saw a grey Volvo closing up quickly behind him and as he was about to wave it past, his BMW spun sharply to the left, the brakes screeching, and then sharply to the right and back again. This is remarkably similar to what happened to the Mercedes before it struck the 13th pillar. Horsley was by now desperately trying to maintain control and he went on: “Out of the corner of my eye I saw the grey Volvo accelerating past me at high speed. My car had now developed a mind of its own as it swung broadside and skidded down the road. With a lurch it hit the central reservation, mounted the grass verge separating the two• lanes of the highway and crossed over into the opposite carriageway. I had just time to see a small car approaching from the opposite direction. I hit it sideways on with tremendous force. In a split-second the driver’s horror-stricken face was visible and I heard his hoarse scream.”

But I digress, the main point I wish to focus on here is Air Marshal Sir Peter Horsley's, (then Squadron Leader), two hour long encounter with the person he called Mr. Janus in Smith Street, Chelsea 1954.

According to Sir Peter the meeting was originally set up by a retired General (I believe it was a General Martin) for a flat in Smith Street where he was to meet a Mrs. Markham. It might be noted at this point:
the proximity of the Smith Street address where the meeting was to occur and Markham Square

A coincidence that, was Sir Peter aware of, apparently cause no suspicion.

Recalling the meeting, Sir Peter wrote:

Source
It is difficult to describe him with any accuracy; the room was poorly lit by two standard lamps and for the most part he sat in a deep chair by the side of a not very generous fire.

Source
We talked for hours about traveling in space and time. I don't know what or who he was. He didn't say he was a visitor from another planet but I had that impression. I believe he was here to observe us. I never saw him again. I have no qualms about the reaction to my experience with Mr. Janus. I don't care what people think - it was what happened.

Although this may have been the case, one aspect that Sir Peter did not fail to realize was that it appeared he was able to communicate telepathically with the being.

The portion of the meeting that was to potentially have most far-reaching consequences was this apparent extraterrestrial’s request that he be allowed to meet with HRH the Duke of Edinburgh, a request which Sir Peter declined for ‘security reasons’

Reproductions of a newspaper pieces on the subject which include interviews with Sir Peter and appeared in The Mail on Sunday Aug 10th 1997 and The Sunday Times on Sunday 2nd November 1998 by Hugh McManners and Walter Ellis

From the latter;

Horsley remembers the encounter with total recall and noted it down
in a report to his superiors. What they made of his tale is not known.

I find it of particular interest that someone who would have had such a ‘meeting’ would not only not be considered unstable but would go on to rise to the lofty rank of Deputy Commander-In-Chief of Strike Command who should have been responsible, in the event of war, for Britain’s nuclear bombers.

Jack

JAK

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
People, this post is second only to the RAF Biography webpage when Googling for Sir Peter Horsley, and looks to be the best source (including links) of information about this aspect of Sir Peter's life.

Does no-one else find this story as striking as I? Does anyone hold an opinion, any thoughts on the validity of the claim and the subsequent career opportunities which were to open up to Sir Peter after the apparent admission of such a meeting to superiors?

Jack

[edit on 3/3/05 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Interesting story by a seemingly credible person. I wish he would have come out publicly with what he knew sooner than just before his death, but this always seems to be the case. Everybody who is in the know on this subject always keeps their mouth shut. To the detriment of the public, IMO. The cover up of the subject comes with a huge price that is levied upon the unsuspecting populace like the illegal drug trade and the crime that comes with it that finances a large portion of this secret black arm of our governments.

I believe it anyway. What little I have been able to read of this encounter with "Mr. Janus" fits with everything else I have read and deemed credible. Not much to go on. Just another credible story which lends more credence to my little knowledge and understanding of this eventually public subject.

[edit on 3-3-2005 by Frith]

JAK

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
In my initial post a link is incorrect and should direct to toward the very bottom of this page where the last few paragraphs concern details of the fatal accident involving Major Michael Marman and Sir Peter Horsley.

Jak

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Peoples credentials don't come much better than Sir Peter Horsley.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It's a very interesting story. I wish, however, that there were more details available online of what went on during the meeting with Janus. I'd like to hear what he said in detail, and in particular, about God and the universe.

But a very cool story nonetheless!!! Good work!

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Does the Duke of Edinburgh still investigate UFO and Extraterretrial activity?

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I too find this a strangely compelling story. I wonder if there is someone of integrity that he may have confided more information to on all of this.

Also, most people, upon passing, leave a large amount of documents behind. Sometimes high profile people leave them to a college or museum. Has anyone looked for more information or contacts that he might have had?

I agree that this does not sound like someone who would spin a yarn like this, just for amusement. And his later rise in position shows that it was not "held against him".

Very interesting.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Flagged! Great thread, I'm totally intrigued by the bit of info in the article.

I searched for a more detailed account and all I found was this link to a book by Horsley on amazon.com UK, (the British reviews says that it covers the Janus meeting in great detail). They also have it at amazon in the U.S. I'll order it next week.

I'm not sure how to post links, hope this works:

Sound from Another Room (Hardcover)
by Sir Peter Horsley (Author)

Sound from Another Room

STM

edit for clarity

[edit on 7/29/2007 by seentoomuch]

[Mod Edit: Link format - Jak]

[edit on 3/8/07 by JAK]

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JAK

I was writing a post about this meeting on another thread when your thread turned up in a google search. It's a very good OP (well-written and researched) and surprisingly low on attention which is the reason for this *bump.* This forum needs more threads like this lately.

The similarities between his account of losing control of the vehicle and the Princess Di incidents are quite marked. Although I accept the official account as being at least probable, questions remain and discussion continues.

The Janus meeting is intriguing and could represent anything from a con man, disinfo agent, contactee or even an MI5 security 'leak test.'

The vision described by Janus is the one I would like most to be true about the UFO enigma. It's neat and tidy and appeals directly to a logical rationale. It's a damned shame that so little of the evidence is as 'neat and tidy' or has any apparent logical rationale!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

About a year ago, I presented on these pages and elsewhere a study I did of Horsely's book. The first impression one gets in reading his book, Sounds from Another Room is unsettling. It opens with a lengthly and convoluted explanation of hia attempt to create a whole conspiracy around his having severely injured another man in a typical car accident. The conspiracy defies rationality and the situational logistics in all ways except for a man trying to cover his backside for having caused an accident.

The other aspect of Horsely's book that rings equally untrue is the Janus episode. I found there again that the man was attempting to cover himself after being setup by the other officers that hated his guts. RAF insiders duped him to make he and the Prince look like fools. I suggested that the Janus character was played by none other than Arthur C. Clarke whom was involved in that RAF circle.

My assumption is that Horsely fully understood what had happened and found it useful in the book to record the details, a full chapter, without letting on that he knew he had been set up. That tacticgave him the last laugh on everybody.

For those confused by the Clarke connection, I would point out the similarities of Janus' explanation of evolutionary history, ETs invented God, and Clarke's celebrated theme in Childhood's End where humans evolve into their own God-like beings. That is a connection that brings the whole silly scenario into focus.

If push comes to shove, I'll present my complete argument (article) either within this thread or start another, but I'm pressed for time all of this day.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I'll certainly read your ideas when you post them. The Clarke angle is intriguing and the notion of a hoax is always a consideration with these things. I've an interview with Arthur C Clarke from the period so his views were valued and he was very much aware of the common UFO themes.

I'm more inclined to imagine a scenario whereby MI5 engineered an elaborate deception to test Horsley's temperament and security status. Your points might alter this idea.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JAK

So one of the british top dogs had a meeting with a guy who knew all our nuclear secret. And then this guy becomes head of the british nukes? Maybe he told him the nuclear secrets of other countrys too and thats why he ended up in such a high post?

www.youtube.com...
edit on 13-11-2010 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

top topics

join