It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everyone talking about the NRA and guns but not big pharma and psychotropic drugs?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

You are right, the vast majority is not listening. We are pill popping society!
Some of the commercials for prescription drugs are completely insane, I think to myself, who in their right mind would take these drugs, yet they are!

For example:
Restless leg syndrome: You take a well known drug, here are the side effects:

dizziness when standing (postural hypotension)
nausea
dry mouth
stomach pain
vomiting
constipation
headache
dizziness
spinning sensation
drowsiness
swelling in your hands and feet
appetite or weight changes
blurred vision
sleep problems (insomnia or unusual dreams)
memory problems (amnesia)
forgetfulness
confusion or thinking problems
swelling in your hands or feet
impotence
loss of interest in sex, or
trouble having an orgasm

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Why is everyone talking about the NRA and guns but not big pharma and psychotropic drugs?

More object blaming.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I’m in the process of writing a very detailed and in-depth thread that will cover this topic, and a few others with some scientific facts and observational data to try and create a discussion for some sort of community understanding and collaborative solution. If it’s ok with you, do you mind if I reference people to this thread for added depth and context?

It’ll be a 7 part thread covering mental health/psychotropic medications, the prefrontal cortex, guns, contemporary parenting, the American diet technology and social media, and a couple other issues plaguing our society. For its intent...it’s going to be some heavy material. Unfortunately, I’m only able to chop away at it here and there.
edit on 23-2-2018 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

It doesn't seem weird at all, they are completely different subjects. A pathetic attempt to hide that evil that is guns

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ziplock9000

No, whats pathetic is declaring something "evil" without offering any valid or legitimate material to back up your assertion.

In fact... in another topic***, you erroneously declared me "evil" without offering any evidence/explanation. Of course you don't owe me/us an explanation as it is your right to say whatever you like. Just as I don't owe you an explanation for exercising my Constitutional rights.

See how that works? Pretty good thing, huh?

Otherwise, what other civil rights should we cherry pick? Will we only allow women to have abortions on Tuesday mornings between 4:30am-4:51am by Doctors named Fred living in Alabama?

Of course not. You're being irrational. You should come back when you've settled down.

*** that thread>>>> www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2/23/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Because school shooting are committed with guns, not psychotropic drugs.

And because the NRA has consistently opposed any attempt to make schools safer by introducing better gun legislation.

Guess how much the NRA donated to Trump's campaign in 2016? If you said '$30 million', you're right!
edit on 2422018 by Porquenolosdos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Ohhh wait ... I know the punchline.

because big pharma and psychotropic drugs don't kill people /sarcasm

people under the influence of big pharmas psychotropic drugs kill people...

in all seriousness though ...

*cautiously looks around even though this is a conspiracy website*

if something is part of the grand plan/scheme ... like having a populous with individuals medicated with SSRIs and other psychotropic drugs developed and tested mostly behind closed doors, you'll end up having certain individuals with this 'behind closed doors' knowledge who abuse it for their own agendas. i.e. medicated individuals with side effects known to be terribly bad in people with access to firearms and a culture and society bent on television/media programming violence and fear and inferiority and self abuse upon its' citizens.

if something is part of the grand plan/scheme ... like that, there is very little that will ever be done about it because if you're aware of it, ... it's already too late and that's kind of the point here isn't it?

What do we do now? Bitch and Moan? When has that gotten anyone anywhere?
All I see is people complaining, but very little is actually being done.

These medications are still being prescribed even though ancient entheogens are shown to have far greater success in treating many maladies that have sadly become common in our culture; Interestingly enough with far less side-effects than these FDA approved man-made chemical soups our 19th-21st century science has concocted.

Oh guns? ... I forgot guns... why? because I don't care about the gun issue.
There's a far greater people issue that needs to be rectified before we start laying down our arms.

Kids these days are being born and raised in a world so different than the old VHS, Pong and Intellivision days, and that different world is such a precarious and information laden landscape with misinformation and propaganda mixed with fear and violence at every turn. Along with hormonal sexual triggers and manipulation stitched into every facet of our culture.

Guns are how old?
How old is our stew of technology and manipulation?
What's different? ... People have been going to school for a long time, ... guns have been around and easy to access for a long time. The fear, violence, hormonal & sexual manipulation and programming has been given an upgrade with the technology we see around us and the technology around us can easily be used by those who know how to use it, to create an artificial world of fear, violence, hormonal & sexual manipulation.

The question you need to ask is ...
how does that effect/affect a mass population
how does that effect/affect the family unit
how does that effect/affect the individual
how does that effect/affect relationships abroad

and why? what will become of it? how will people react, if change was made, what would that look like?
would that have been their end goal all along? to make us aware of being manipulating in such a manner? or do they hope we do nothing about it and eventually lead us into a complete global frenzy?

Knowledge IS Power, ... Know Thyself.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: PuRe EnErGy
Guns are how old?

The first school shooting occurred in the 19th century. More than 270 school shootings occurred during the 20th century.

Clearly this problem has been around long before psychotropic drugs became an issue.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

There has been a lot of talk about mental instabilities and such - but the message is that everyone needs MORE medicine.

In reality, the prescribed meds may very well be the thing that sets things off.

Big Pharma spends double digit Billions each year in PR and lobbying. No wonder they are eager to get the message across that you need more of their #. That message is dutifully conveyed by everyone that get a slice of the pie through contributions.

For the heads of Big Pharma and their elite henchmen and -women, it is not considered a problem if the world burns around them. They have their security details, tall fences and locked gates.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Junk food for that matter. Junk food kills around 40,000 people a year.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
My guess is because millions of people are on psychotropic drugs and yet only a very tiny percentage of these people do violent things. The vast majority of the rest live an extremely improved and productive life because of the drugs.

Psychotropic drugs usually provide a higher quality of life. Guns always kill or injure. Period.
edit on 24-2-2018 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
My guess is because millions of people are on psychotropic drugs and yet only a very tiny percentage of these people do violent things. The vast majority of the rest live an extremely improved and productive life because of the drugs.

Psychotropic drugs usually provide a higher quality of life. Guns always kill or injure. Period.

Really?

More than 63,600 lives were lost to drug overdose in 2016, the most lethal year yet of the drug overdose epidemic, according to a new report from the National Center for Health Statistics, part of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
edition.cnn.com...

Search Google for "pill mill".

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
If the NRA donates around 3 million and every republican does their bidding. How powerful does that make big pharma?

3 million. That's a drop of piss compared to the billions donated to democrats by sorros and others.

Not to mention the fact that 90% of all media forms give nonstop support for the Democrats mindless agaenda.

What does it cost to have the MSM, twitter, and Facebook in your pocket?

A hell of a lot more than 3 million.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
Junk food for that matter. Junk food kills around 40,000 people a year.

Probably a lot, LOT more than that as one could argue a lot of deaths due to diabetes and heart disease are the result of "junk food" diets, often with the blessing of the FDA/USDA

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Quick answer : Because big pharma and psychotropic drugs are one of the biggest revenues of the EU, since they come from fake illnesses. The EU secret services create symptoms, then they say it's an illness that has no cure but requires constant usage of a medicine ... Big Pharma becomes a uselessly important part of the EU and globalists' budget.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join