It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parkland: What percent of Americans charge the building???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I never said it was perfect. You do the best you can with what you have.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I think that the idea would be to slow the attacker so that SWAT can arrive. To me that seems the most prudent.

If "shelter in place" is in use (at least in high schools...i have no issue with college students being armed), and Barricuda door locks are deployed on all classrooms, then the attacker has to essentially remove the door from the hinge to get to anyone. You could also use only steel desks to provide additional protection.

Lock the outside just to slow them down. Barricuda all inside doors to slow him down further. See if you can extend that 5 minutes to 10 minutes....long enough for SWAT to show up.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

So that completely invalidates the “good guy with a gun theory”.. doesn’t it??

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I meant as far as the every day procedure. All outer doors except the main entrance can only be opened from the inside AT ALL TIMES. Then the security station is directly in front of the main entrance. I had a security guard confirm the Reason was to funnel any active shooter to the front where security is, when I asked about the inconvenience of the locked doors.

It was just a random guard. So maybe that was just his guess.

The active shooter procedure is for all classroom doors to be locked . All students get in the corner where they can’t be seen from the window. Then there is a color coded system of construction paper the teacher uses to cover the doors little window..

Blue means the class is secure and red means the shooter is in the room. (Can’t remember the actual colors and they change every semester)

As far as students being armed.

A) That assumes those students are the kind of people you want armed...

B) when swat breaches everyone has a gun.

C) all the accidental shootings and shootings from school fights that escalated that just inherently come with everyone being armed..

D) you could even have students trying to intervene encounter other students trying to intervene and shoot each other..

Arming teachers and students only help if those people are the 10% ACTUALLY WILLING TO DIE FOr OTHERS.. and there is no way to know that ahead of time..

PS.. I saw Fox News our up some grandmaw teacher who always brings her gun.. like grandmaw is really going rambo and saving the day....

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

PS.. I saw Fox News our up some grandmaw teacher who always brings her gun.. like grandmaw is really going rambo and saving the day....

How disgustingly prejudice that statement is. I'd take her on my team any day compared to you. You out yourself daily. Grow up and grow a set.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Lol grandmaw has about a 75% chance of having either an attacker or bad egg student slapping her and taking it from her..

There is a reason we don’t use 80 women in combat..

There is a reaso you see no 80yearold women as elite security or special forces.

That are crap combatants... that doesn’t change because you feel like making a political point.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

a reply to: The GUT

Lol grandmaw has about a 75% chance of having either an attacker or bad egg student slapping her and taking it from her..

There is a reason we don’t use 80 women in combat..

There is a reaso you see no 80yearold women as elite security or special forces.

That are crap combatants... that doesn’t change because you feel like making a political point.

You never met my grandma did you? At 85 she had her purse snatched from a grocery carriage in the parking lot. She chased the 16yr old punk down, tackled him, and proceeded to beat the crap out of him until the mall security arrived. They had to physically pry her off of him, while he cried.

She only got tougher from that point.

Don't underestimate a determined older person that has nothing to lose because they know they've led a long life and there are not many years left.

edit on 2/23/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

And if that 16 year old kid had been willing to attack her like a man. She is beaten to a pulp..

I’m 5’8 and 150lbs and I promis you I can beat up every 80 year old woman on one planet. Assuming you are “fighting age” and not handicapped, you can too...

Are their VERY RARE cases where given an “equalizer” like a gun , and the element of suprise, that one might accidentally succeed??

Maybe..

But still doesn’t change the fact she is inherently at an extreme disadvantage and FAR more likely to fail and/or get herself or someone else hurt..

We can come up with some “slopped on a banana peel” scenerio where a toddler saves the day..

That doesn’t make it a viable option..

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

i don't know how many would charge likely 0%

i do know how many could have stopped the killer before he got to 17 and that is ZERO

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

And if that 16 year old kid had been willing to attack her like a man. She is beaten to a pulp..

I’m 5’8 and 150lbs and I promis you I can beat up every 80 year old woman on one planet. Assuming you are “fighting age” and not handicapped, you can too...

Are their VERY RARE cases where given an “equalizer” like a gun , and the element of suprise, that one might accidentally succeed??

Maybe..

But still doesn’t change the fact she is inherently at an extreme disadvantage and FAR more likely to fail and/or get herself or someone else hurt..

We can come up with some “slopped on a banana peel” scenerio where a toddler saves the day..

That doesn’t make it a viable option..

And if my grandma had a gun, she would shoot you dead in your tracks without hesitation.

Your point being, you are a tough guy with the elderly?

What?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Its amusing to see undermatched animals (and people) bluff their way into and out of situations. I've seen 3 men walk up and steal a meal from a pride of feasting lions. Damndest thing, the lions were spooked into running off.

The problem with the aforementioned 16 year old is that they didn't begin assuming they were going to fight. They likely had no intention of having to fight, choosing a weaker target. My mom would fold and let them take what they wanted (then my son and I would find them and settle up), but not all granny's are like that. My mom's mom would have went fisticuffs.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The flight response seems large in this thread, not getting all esoteric but that is exactly whats wrong with a lot of society today, thats not my problem, I might get hurt, it wouldn't have made a difference at least thats what the people saying knowing they wouldn't go. You go because your fellow man needs your help, nobody else is there you go. Bring it up that you wouldn't go here is just looking for validation, see I wouldn't go nor would this guy or this guy.

Let's put it this way, you may be right everybody might be self centered enough not to respond,make an effort,bust out a window for people to escape. But it was you in that building being hunted I'd guarantee you'd wish somebody would have made an effort.

Not to mention that in virtually all of these recent attacks here and abroad, once the story comes out you hear recaps of extreme bravery courage and sacrifice from those unwittingly thrown into these situations. In a population you are going to get runners,watchers and yea one's that say I'll go in. It's human nature somebody had to go after that bear in the cave with nothing but a sharpen stick. Among other human achievements that take tremendous courage to perform.

Chernobyl comes to mind nearly 50 volunteers continued to go in dump sand and concrete to keep the situation from getting worse, all of these people were employees they knew it was suicidal yet they all did their best and died horrible and painful deaths soon there after.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

BWAHAHAHA...

If she got super lucky maybe... and I mean SUPER lucky..

You forget.. I’m attacking her .. she is not attacking me..

How fast does the average 80 year old reach in her purse. Draw . Flip the safety off. Aim then shoot????

I could run 25 yards and slap someone down before they even cocked the gun..

Even if she had a side holster I could easily cross a classroom before she ever drew..

And that is not me hyping myself of bashing your grandmaw..

That happens with any able bodied male And any 80 year old female..

Every single instance of an 80 year old woman physically running off a criminal. ONLY happens because the criminal was a better human being than to strike an old woman..

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Heart isn’t going to help an elderly female legit beat an able bodied fighting age male..

The only thing saving them would be if the criminal was a better person than to hit a grandmaw , which I bet is most of them..

BUT NOT SCHOOL SHOOTERS..

I agree completely about taking a threat seriously..

I lose every fight I’ve ever been in if they take me serious going in... but I’m not an 80 year old woman..

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com...
www.dailymail.co.uk...
abcnews.go.com...
www.theblaze.com...
www.foxnews.com...

Smart people arm themselves at any age...there are many many more but you can look them up yourself....

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I’m not sure it would be counter productive..
edit on 23-2-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs
NO ONE SAID TAKE ANY GUNS FROM PEOPLE..

It is conservative mental masterbation...

No ELECTED OFFICIAL ON EITHER SIDE HAS EVER EVEN PROPOSED THAT..

It is a gop rape fantasy...

Some democrat says “we should stop adding more assault rifles into the population” ALWAYS including a grandfather clause that keeps all presently in circulation perfectly legal...

The rightwing propaganda whores reply “they are comming to get all the guns!!”

It is propaganda for stupid people..

To your point . ...
You have one real news site out five....

Your forgetting that justifiable homicides is BY FAR the smallest percentage of gun deaths....if accidental shootings are 10 times higher than successful defenses.....

edit on 23-2-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

You tried that with my 80 year old grandmas, they'd have shot you dead in your tracks. Little ol' pioneer women who took crap from no one and nothing. My mom's mom carried a .38 snubbie, almost to the day she died. My Dads mom was, when she chose to be, mean as a proverbial snake, and dead accurate with her lever action carbine. My mother was the same, save she didn't live to see 80. She's the only person I know who could out shoot my grand-dad (her father in law--we don't speak of her father, the rat bastard.) at any distance out past 100 yds.

My sisters, and female cousins, are, with few exceptions, very much the same. I learned to respect women at a very, very tender age...sometimes the hard way, with a sock to the jaw.

No, anyone who underestimates an opponent of any sort, deserves precisely what they get.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

The rightwing propaganda whores reply “they are comming to get all the guns!!” It is propaganda for stupid people..

Yeah, who would do that?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Bullcrap.

There are people saying it on a fairly regular basis. Just because you choose to not notice, changes nothing.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join