It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parkland: What percent of Americans charge the building???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

INFACT THERE IS NO LEGAL REQUIREMENT THAT A POLICE OFFICER TAKE ANY ACTION TO SAVE YOU...

And yet nimrod-leftists want to ban firearms.

Yeah. Makes sense.

Oh, OP?

5%

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Now some of you leftists are even supporting cowardice?

Pretty sure we know how you'd react...

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Sadly we will never get to remove those weapons. They will substitute them with fire, or other weapons to kill. Yet anyhow it’s a good idea but the thing that bothers me most is the authority failed to pre-emptively stop the crime, he had been reported to the Feds etc. if they did their job in the first place this would have never even happened.. whether the guns exist or not. The right to bear arms is a responsibility the government gives us... its their responsibility to be responsible for that right to a degree, I dunno if that made sense to what I meant but that is my best, anyhow I don’t want to dive into a quagmire over this but ya I hear ya thou.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: JinMI

The CNN logo.

Silly. Seriously. How do you think a cop with a single handgun could get-to and kill that kind of lunatic with that kind of weapon?
Even if he tried to sneak up behind him, how many kids in front of the shooter would die? How many would die while the LEO was trying to position himself? The cop has to have a steady hand and clear shot. The lunatic just has to sweep his weapon in any direction.

Going in head-on would be pointless, except for the accolades of becoming a 'hero".

You do realize police are trained for such situations right?

Why in the hell would he need to sneak up on him? The officer only needs the suspect in sight, by the time the shooter notices the cop, multiple shots will already have disabled the shooter.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

his gun isnt auto.

He has to pull the trigger with each bullet.

I don't really know about guns. I can hit a target bullseye with a handgun though. Repeatedly. But see, I'm not scared doing that. In real life I would be scared and shaking. Couldn't hit the side of a barn, I bet. Hands would tremble.

How about the Pulse nightclub in florida. Wasn't that a rapid fire gun? I think they took a tank through the wall to get that guy.

Meh, I'm getting sleepy and too chatty. I'll be quiet now.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I'd charge him, with my car.

You can all the training ing the world but not process the situation fast enough.

A battle situation, waiting to get in a gunfight, and reality cracking you on the back of the head are two different things.

Stuff that happens during normal everyday going ons takes much longer to process.

"What was that, is it a backfire, did some punk just light off firecrackers?" Oh, splat, too late, sorry dude
edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: added

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

The CNN logo.

Silly. Seriously. How do you think a cop with a single handgun could get-to and kill that kind of lunatic with that kind of weapon?
Even if he tried to sneak up behind him, how many kids in front of the shooter would die? How many would die while the LEO was trying to position himself? The cop has to have a steady hand and clear shot. The lunatic just has to sweep his weapon in any direction.

Going in head-on would be pointless, except for the accolades of becoming a 'hero".

Why in the hell would he need to sneak up on him? The officer only needs the suspect in sight, by the time the shooter notices the cop, multiple shots will already have disabled the shooter.

If it's so easy why do we have so many dead victims.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Because he did nothing he agreed to do, he hid.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Because he did nothing he agreed to do, he hid.

He followed the "shelter in place" protocol I guess.

link   

Yeah...some folks have illegal weapons.

My youngest intends to get licensed for a full auto weapon. Hes 20 now so has awhile to wait.

We have talked about building a couple ARs. Order the uppers first then the lowers a few weeks later. Save a few hundred in taxes by assembling at home.

link   

Wasn't that a rapid fire gun?

No offense, but this is why we can't have progressive conversation let alone positive action. It's not like you're alone in that thought either. Seriously, no offense intended.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Wasn't that a rapid fire gun?

No offense, but this is why we can't have progressive conversation let alone positive action. It's not like you're alone in that thought either. Seriously, no offense intended.

The only offense is that you can't generalize my lack of knowledge about guns to everybody else. I don't know about them, because I've never given a rat's ass about them, other than to learn to use a handgun. Other people do.

And you say "we can't have a conversation", you mean me and you? Who cares? It's the country who IS having a conversation about it, and that's what's important. People who DO know, who have BEEN there, the people who can create change. So don't use me for an excuse.

And the thing had a magazine. Fact.
edit on 2/22/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Here's what the Sheriff stated their policy is with an active shooter, btw;

"What matters is that when we, in law enforcement, arrive at an active shooter, we go in and address the target," the sheriff said. "And that’s what should’ve been done."

edit on 22-2-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Meh the only concern I have in this whole sad story, since I have had a moment to process and focus on it, if they take our guns OR add more regulations to make it harder to protect ourselves why in the world would I trust the authority to protect me and my kids in school or my home? The government is inept in protecting us. Look at the warning signs in 911 or this story. Better to have armed citizens it sad we had a armed cop, who could have made a difference on the premises and failed to act. Thank god this guy was not a pro... so ya I can’t rely on the government to truly protect me.... taking gun rights won’t make them better protectors. Nothing personal government.. get better thou at protecting us and maybe that won’t be a hard idea for people to deal with...

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

The CNN logo.

You have no idea what would have happened.
The cop may have entered the building and come up on the shooter from behind as he focused on shooting students, giving him an easy shot to kill or disable the shooter.
He may have ran into the shooter as he turned a corner, taken cover and returned fire. Handgun vs rifle is not an automatic win for the rifle.
The handgun can shoot just as fast as the rifle. The handgun is easier to manuever in tight spaces.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

The CNN logo.

If it's so easy why do we have so many dead victims.

In this situation, it was a cop that didn't do his job, and that isn't typical.

In other situations, there weren't cops on sight.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

The only offense is that you can't generalize my lack of knowledge about guns to everybody else. I don't know about them, because I've never given a rat's ass about them, other than to learn to use a handgun. Other people do.

I can generalize it enough because it is a mainstay from the anti gun crowd. How can folks have a conversation on something that they are misinformed or ignorant to? It's much more common than you think.

And the thing had a magazine. Fact.

You have been awarded 1 bonus point.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
General rule of thumb, I tend to go in the opposite direction of where live fire is going on. Tends to keep me vertical. Now, if I had family in said area, I might overcome the flight instinct and instead choose to fight.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

No, we cannot blame someone for not being a hero. We can blame him for not doing his job.

Remember the church shooting in Texas?

nypost.com...

A citizen, actually, multiple citizens, took up arms and killed the assailant.

His job as a campus SRO is to PROTECT THE CHILDREN.

Anyone who wants to attempt to justify his actions is no better than he is.

The fact you called the cop a victim makes me want to puke....

Children...they were children and shots were being fired. DO YOUR JOB...at the very least engage and draw fire. Anything....Distract. This kid would have wanted to kill a cop. It was not a death by cop scenario.
edit on Febpm28pmf0000002018-02-22T22:06:09-06:001009 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

The CNN logo.

You have no idea what would have happened.
The cop may have entered the building and come up on the shooter from behind as he focused on shooting students, giving him an easy shot to kill or disable the shooter.
He may have ran into the shooter as he turned a corner, taken cover and returned fire. Handgun vs rifle is not an automatic win for the rifle.
The handgun can shoot just as fast as the rifle. The handgun is easier to manuever in tight spaces.

This...The reason police carry Semi-automatic side-arms is to have a more mobile and similarly responsive weapon. That is why they do not use the old .38 Police Special revolvers anymore. Semi-Auto pistols have been around since the 1890's but police were carrying revolvers primarily until the mid1980's. Granted there are differences in effective range, but there is usually a bunch of backup forthcoming if they can isolate or pin down the perp.
edit on 22-2-2018 by ronjer because: Oops did not reply properly

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join