It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parkland: What percent of Americans charge the building???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I know what just about every individual would say if asked what they would do..

Kinda like those who bash combat veterans who crack or go awhol I think the vast majority would piss their pants if faced with real combat..

No one can truely say how they would act if faced with almost certain death..

There are countless examples of police officers who refused to put themselves at risk to attemp to save someone..

INFACT THERE IS NO LEGAL REQUIREMENT THAT A POLICE OFFICER TAKE ANY ACTION TO SAVE YOU...

I’m positive people are screaming for his prosecution..but he did nothing illegal. So that’s laughable. .

Obviously, he doesn’t deserve to guard anything ever again, but still..

So just to avoid all the macho “I would have gone in and put Rambo to shame and save the day!”

I’m not asking what you personally claim you would do..

I’m asking what percentage of Americans would have gone inside the building???

10%???

20% ???

40%???

I personally bet it is around 10%...

I think it takes a special person to forfeit his life for a stranger.. really in this situation it is potentially forfeiting your life JUST FOR THE CHANCE TO SAVE A STRANGER...

Can we blame someone for not being a hero??

Make no mistake he was a victim too..

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
You are correct.
Courts have ruled that law enforcement has no duty to protect the public.

I just wish they would stop using that 'Protect and Serve' motto that they paint on their cars full if guns.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
I know what just about every individual would say if asked what they would do..

Kinda like those who bash combat veterans who crack or go awhol I think the vast majority would piss their pants if faced with real combat..

No one can truely say how they would act if faced with almost certain death..

There are countless examples of police officers who refused to put themselves at risk to attemp to save someone..

INFACT THERE IS NO LEGAL REQUIREMENT THAT A POLICE OFFICER TAKE ANY ACTION TO SAVE YOU...

I’m positive people are screaming for his prosecution..but he did nothing illegal. So that’s laughable. .

Obviously, he doesn’t deserve to guard anything ever again, but still..

So just to avoid all the macho “I would have gone in and put Rambo to shame and save the day!”

I’m not asking what you personally claim you would do..

I’m asking what percentage of Americans would have gone inside the building???

10%???

20% ???

40%???

I personally bet it is around 10%...

I think it takes a special person to forfeit his life for a stranger.. really in this situation it is potentially forfeiting your life JUST FOR THE CHANCE TO SAVE A STRANGER...

Can we blame someone for not being a hero??

Make no mistake he was a victim too..

Is it even clear he actually knew what was going on? I try not to play Monday morning quarter back as you just never know what their perspective may have been. I'd venture maybe 20% of people would have the presence of mind and courage to try to engage the attacker. Maybe even less.

I say this because I've seen situations like accidents and other things where people just stand around with thumbs up their behinds instead of actually trying to do something.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Talk has always been cheap. The meek have the same capacity to exert great feats of bravery and selflesness as much as the battle hardened warrior.

To what degree of effectiveness may vary but that wasn't the question.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
A police officer with a handgun doesn't stand much of a chance against a lunatic with a rapid-fire rifle.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Why?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
If it counts to you, I once stopped at an accident and ran toward a blazing car that was engulfed in flames. It was off the road, and nobody was around at all. I opened the door and reached inside to see if anyone was in there. Luckily there wasn't since it was filled with thick black choking smoke. My friends that I was with stayed back at our car yelling at me to get out of there as the fire was now under the car at the gas tank. But, I couldn't just stand there and watch only hoping nobody was trapped inside.

For all I knew it was going to explode while I was looking for unconscious people.

edit on 2/22/2018 by Krakatoa because: clarified the stement a bit

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Why?

Close your eyes, Jin, and picture the scenario. What do you see?

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

The CNN logo.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
You don't know how you would react unless you were there.

If I applied for a job, got paid to do a job, I better be ready to do what the job entails.

If I didn't, it's my fault.

edit on 2018-02-22T21:08:36-06:002201822America/Chicago2 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Ive always ran into heavy situations to help. Not everyone is like that and its ok.

The cop shouldnt be anythimg but fired, and thats more political than anything.

I don't know what i would do. Past experience says i engage. But ive never been faced with anything like that before. Most do nothing i suspect. Except stream on FB live.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Meh first of all a cop is essentially the government.

If you called 911 in regards to the parkland massacre they would have told you not to try to help. You see your just a citizen even if you could have saved lives you would have been told no.

The government aka cops are suppose to fix it. They problem is, the complexity of the problem. I think the government dropped the ball on this one. Because of their ineptitude, whether we like it or not more will be taken from the populace. I think allot of people who heard gun shots and kids crying and screaming would have tried to help, I would say close to 75-100 percent of people would have.
edit on 22-2-2018 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

The CNN logo.

Silly. Seriously. How do you think a cop with a single handgun could get-to and kill that kind of lunatic with that kind of weapon?
Even if he tried to sneak up behind him, how many kids in front of the shooter would die? How many would die while the LEO was trying to position himself? The cop has to have a steady hand and clear shot. The lunatic just has to sweep his weapon in any direction.

Going in head-on would be pointless, except for the accolades of becoming a 'hero".

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

his gun isnt auto.

He has to pull the trigger with each bullet.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I respect your opinion, but in my head you have to try.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Ive always ran into heavy situations to help. Not everyone is like that and its ok.

The cop shouldnt be anythimg but fired, and thats more political than anything.

I don't know what i would do. Past experience says i engage. But ive never been faced with anything like that before. Most do nothing i suspect. Except stream on FB live.

I can see you running in to help, I really can. I've surprised myself in the past. As it turns out, I'm not a coward.
Who knew. But when I'm scared, I shake like a freaking leaf. lol.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
Meh first of all a cop is essentially the government.

If you called 911 in regards to the parkland massacre they would have told you not to try to help. You see your just a citizen even if you could have saved lives you would have been told no.

The government aka cops are suppose to fix it. They problem is, the complexity of the problem. I think the government dropped the ball on this one. Because of their ineptitude, whether we like it or not more will be taken from the populace. I think allot of people who heard gun shots and kids crying and screaming would have tried to help, I would say close to 75-100 percent of people would have.

A cop is not essentially the government.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

I respect your opinion, but in my head you have to try.

I know. I don't know that I wouldn't have gone in. Shoot, I probably would have. Duty, kids dying, and all that.

But in my head, we must increase the odds of the cop's survival as well as success by removing those weapons.

link   

If that weapon is so dangerous, why was the death count so low?

Have you ever shot a gun?

link   

Fail. I left the perfect "taking up rent space in your head" joke wide open!

Ok, back to seriousness. Talking tactically, the officer needn't necessarily take out the shooter. Neutralizing him in his position would be something.

This guy didn't have a fully automatic weapon.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join