It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm an OLD man now!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to party!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

thanks!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Interesting perspective..."what I didn't do".

One time when I was about 5 years old, my parents rented this motorhome and we traveled to Florida. They parked in this RV park and there was a big storm which knocked out the power. I was just a kid, but it was a major hardship for the parents. After a while this power company truck showed up to fix the breaker on the power pole. I was in awe (as a kid).

After this power company guy fixed the breaker on the pole he came down in the bucket of his bucket truck. He'd seen me standing there watching him the whole time. He asked me if I wanted to take a ride up in his bucket. I was afraid and said "no'. I really wanted to go, but I didn't. I mean, I really, really wanted to go...in fact, I wanted to go up in that bucket more than anything I ever remember wanting to do in my entire life....but I said no.

In these days, you would never get that opportunity.
As someone who is a certified personnel lift instructor including boom trucks, there is no way that would be OSHA.

Before being certified, I might have had my first born in a scissor lift at one years old, at height, being held by me.
I certainly cannot do that for my youngest.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

You're only as old as the woman you feel.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

It was in about 1968.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Happy Birthday Sir.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Your only as old as you feel inside, thats the only reference you need.

I met an "OLD" man on the beech in Goa, India. He has this big crowd of 10 or 15 people sat around him for breakfast. I was walking with my Mum who is 63, my Mum started talking to him.

This "OLD" man was ex CIA from California. Just spent the last 15yrs in Turkey as a Whirling Dervishes.

He said to my Mum in a beautiful American Accent, hey "Juicy Lady". I didn't care who it was, this is my Mum so I asked him how old he was!

He said "83", getting older on the outside and younger on the inside.

That same year, I take my Dad 4000m high in the Indian Himalayan Mountains, he is now 74. Currently in Myanmar after spending the last 6 months bumming around Asia staying in Hostels. My parents have been traveling the world for the last 24yrs. And my Mum has Parkinson's!

Keep Moving, enjoy the Journey Brother

edit on 23-2-2018 by mfourl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Age is relative. My parents used to look at the obituaries in the local paper and remark; "He was young. He was only 65!"

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

**HAPPY BIRTHDAY** young man!!

I can remember being 55 and I didn't even think about age .... I was only 10 yrs

past what was the 'best years of my life!!

I'm still in my 20's in my head.

My daughter is constantly telling me "you can't do that" or "you can't wear that"

I just reply "watch me" .....

When I have to stop, because I can't, only then will I be OLD.

Make every minute count

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: mfourl

Beautiful story, we only have one life live it well..

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   

the best place is "home". Today seems like a demarcation between youth and 'oldness'. The things I've done, to protect all others. The things I've seen, that no others will see. I can only imagine. I could go on and on.

I believe I know how you feel. I've been driving the speed limit myself, chronologically speaking. It's a great place to be -- a Water Tiger living in the year of the Earth Dog. These two critters go together so enjoy!

Why not start writing some of those things down -- incredible things we've seen that nobody else will get to see. After all, ordinary folks are the stuff legends are made of.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Enjoy this. I do often.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Having entered the 50s myself last year, I can only say that old is the new cool.
I am actually quite amazed watching myself age. Inside I am about 26, outside not too bad but still I get the odd old age symptoms.
I am proud to get older, one thing young people can't copy or steal from us and make it their own. Ha!
When I hear young ones shout 'oldie' or similar, I always remind them that they have to make it to my age first before laughing.

I guess it's the scientist in me but I am observing myself getting older and just when I went through puberty and it was all interesting to become an adult, I find it just as interesting to slowly 'shut down'. Things stop [for women anyways] and teeth are pulled and replaced by dentures, hair goes grey [unless you dye it black, like me...] it's reversed puberty.

Happy B-day OP and remember 'old is the new cool'.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Lol, I'm 31 and I feel like some of the other posters. Does that make me old too?

I feel like I'm getting old, guess its all in my head.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
Lol, I'm 31 and I feel like some of the other posters. Does that make me old too?

I feel like I'm getting old, guess its all in my head.

old is relative. I remember thinking 50 was old. I'll be 50 in march. Yea, I feel old, but I'm not. but 70, yea, those guys are frickin geezers!

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

What do you mean by NOW!!!............Just kidding, You're as old as you feel and 55 is nothing. I hope you had a great day on this merry-go-round called earth!!

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I won’t discount the fact you are wearing out son, but you are the age of my daughter, making me 79. Hang in there, keep trucking, keep lovin and get new parts when needed. I view this body like an old car, replace parts when you can and stay healthy. I have five joint replacements, walk several miles, kayak, and still work hard when I want. Other things like lovin is also good. Hell just had the best sex in my life a few nights ago, but then memory fades so perhaps it wasn’t lol, but the best I can remember.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CovertAgenda

Heh, if I could only live to be as old as Roy Batty!

How cool would that be, right? Plus, he went out just the right way. "Time to die" (lights out)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I know the feeling , 55 myself later this year , hardly seems real.
I've had this stuck in my head the last couple of months.

It's better than the alternative but getting older scares the pants off me , if one more person tells me it's just a number I swear I'll ......

Happy Birthday.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Happy birthday pal 😊

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join