It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm an OLD man now!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
55 times around that orb called the "Sun".

I've seen many things, I've been many places; the best place is "home". Today seems like a demarcation between youth and 'oldness'.

The things I've done, to protect all others. The things I've seen, that no others will see. I can only imagine. I could go on and on.

One day, I thought I would never get old, one day.

Some said, "mid-life Crisis", but I knew I'd never have one of those. Never wanted a Corvette or a motorcycle, or some crazy bimbo on a stick.

When a person has seen some of the things I have, it's humbling. As much as one would want to change the World, you can't. Sometimes, you just have to let things go...and so we do.

God Bless you ALL! I wish everyone the best tonight, this night...and wish for just another few laps around that bright orb in the sky they call the "Sun".

That is all.
edit on 2/22/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

...................55 huh....

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Didn't you get the memo?? 50 is the new 30 save this post for when you or 80 something...

edit on 22-2-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I'll send you the, "Get off my lawn" ID card and a bottle of something that makes you regular.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Yeah...old man

edit...THANKS! for the wishes!
edit on 2/22/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Lmao old..you're 55.

You're a kid bruh.

You will maybe be old at 80+ Till Then..I have news for you..There's a lot more left in the gas tank if you decide to use it.

Happy Bday Though!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
A well deserved number.

some of us, don't see a life well lived at 46. Just regrets. lost dreams and the pain in struggling to just even try.

so many regrets... so many. nothing a drink won't resolve, at least for a few hours.

but Happy cake day you old bugger
and remember, waving that walking stick at people, hurts when it connects!! hehe

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

No doubt. My folks are in their 70s and they do more in an average week than I do in a month.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

May your next 55 be far better!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Gee, you were in grade school when I graduated high school. Your not old, because if I were to say you were old, I would have to admit I was old.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Only 55 ? You spring chicken
Just now reached middle age...

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
That is still in prime age.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Hey, what do you know? I just happened to be 55 years younger than I am now 55 years ago. Things have changed a great deal since then buddy. Alan Shepard became the first person named Alan Shepard to fly in space for 15 minutes. I guess they didn't have Walmart in space at that time to justify a longer stay. TV's came in two colors, black and white. We had to wait four years to see the first episode of Star Trek too. I can thank Star Trek for being on during my piano lessons which explains why I'm not as famous as you are.

Let me hop on my Big Well and head home now.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Nah....you're not old yet , I've got you by almost 17 years. You ' re only old when you give up trying to do what seems to make you satisfied. Anyway, Happy B. day !

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well, gosh folks...you're makin' me feel good. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Still feelin' my age none the less. Rode hard most of my life, and it takes a toll. All those times you just rubbed dirt on it, when it really hurt, are catchin' up with me. All those times when they said "Can you breathe??? How many fingers???"....okay, you're good! Git up! Bull's comin'! Just walk it off."...those ones hurt now. All those crooked things, fingers, ankles, ribs.

When it takes a minute in the morning on the side of the bed to get everything pointed in the same direction. You feel a bit old. All those times they said "well we can fix this, maybe, this time, but...you probably should think about a change in professions, honestly". And then you'd see those cattle in the morning...they didn't care. They were ready; they were just as happy to see you as yesterday. They didn't understand. No grudges...just life.

I used to say 'I wish people could have experienced the things I have', I was young then. Now, I guess I'm glad they never did. My nephews are a great example, but now I wouldn't want that for them, no matter how ill prepared they are for life, even in their late 30's and 40's. They just think I'm some crazy old man...and perhaps that's best.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Great post!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

The closer 55 gets, well let's say that doesn't sound so damn old anymore.

But I have learned for sure in my brief 46 years that there is one thing worse than getting old......not getting old.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

That's kind of where I am at 40. All I really think about anymore is my current station, my past ambitions, squandered opportunities and dreams that I just pissed into the wind due to self-doubt and a comfort zone.

I have resigned myself to the fact, I guess it comes with age and maturity, that anything and everything that has happened to me I did to myself.

In regards to regret, I have to say that most of my regret rests very little in anything I have done, but more in what I DIDN'T do.

Anyway, enough of all of that, heh.

Flyingclaydisk, I don't think 55 is old. If you were 70 I would probably say, "yeah, you're old" lol, but, no, 55 isn't old.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Interesting perspective..."what I didn't do".

One time when I was about 5 years old, my parents rented this motorhome and we traveled to Florida. They parked in this RV park and there was a big storm which knocked out the power. I was just a kid, but it was a major hardship for the parents. After a while this power company truck showed up to fix the breaker on the power pole. I was in awe (as a kid).

After this power company guy fixed the breaker on the pole he came down in the bucket of his bucket truck. He'd seen me standing there watching him the whole time. He asked me if I wanted to take a ride up in his bucket. I was afraid and said "no'. I really wanted to go, but I didn't. I mean, I really, really wanted to go...in fact, I wanted to go up in that bucket more than anything I ever remember wanting to do in my entire life....but I said no.

I regretted that moment for years...even to this day. When I was about 16 I vowed I would never, EVER, allow such a moment to pass me up again. I've paid the price, but I never did let one of those moments pass by.

Many years ago some guy told me about the adage of 'sliding in sideways to the grave and talking about what a life'...it computed to me. Sadly, I've lived much of it.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Only 55, ya got some catching up to do. I remember 55. Wish I could do the things now that I could at 55. Ranching can take it out of you.

Well happy birthday youngster and here is wishing you many more.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join