It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dump the NRA movement gains speed!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Lol, the OP never came back.

That's why a I replied to myself above! Another hit and run!

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Delta and United airlines have today dumped the NRA.

United is notifying the NRA that we will no longer offer a discounted rate to their annual meeting and we are asking that the NRA remove our information from their website.
twitter.com...

Delta is reaching out to the NRA to let them know we will be ending their contract for discounted rates through our group travel program. We will be requesting that the NRA remove our information from their website.
twitter.com...

It's been a long time coming , now it's time for the politicians to step away from the NRA trough.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I think this is far more serious that people here realize. I don't think the NRA will disappear, but you may see them actually lose influence in Washington because of this, which was unthinkable before.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The people offended by the OP have to realize it’s not a good thing that many of the population have the need to carry guns.
It’s not a sign of a healthy society. Shouldn’t it be a goal to eradicate the need for guns?

That’s the message in all of this the unfortunate violence in our society.

Children getting gunned down just going to school should I THINK BOTHER PEOPLE MORE THAN THE FEAR OF LOSING ONES GUNS

A better result for a civilized population

Its pitiful that people feel so gripped by that fear and not feel ashamed and horrified they live in a country where the children are being slaughtered in their classrooms
edit on 24-2-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
I think this is far more serious that people here realize. I don't think the NRA will disappear, but you may see them actually lose influence in Washington because of this, which was unthinkable before.

Don't count on it. The reason they have influence in Washington is because NRA members communicate their wishes with their representatives. That's kind of how a representative government is supposed to work.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The people offended by the OP have to realize it’s not a good thing that many of the population have the need to carry guns.
It’s not a sign of a healthy society. Shouldn’t it be a goal to eradicate the need for guns?

That’s the message in all of this the unfortunate violence in our society.

Children getting gunned down just going to school should I THINK BOTHER PEOPLE MORE THAN THE FEAR OF LOSING ONES GUNS

A better result for a civilized population

Its pitiful that people feel so gripped by that fear and not feel ashamed and horrified they live in a country where the children are being slaughtered in their classrooms

The thing you need to realize is that those of us who carry guns are well aware that the problem is that we need to carry guns. I'd much rather be able to walk down any alley or street in America or into any public place and be absolutely certain I will not have a problem with some scumbag criminal or terrorist. Unfortunately that's not the world we live in. If that day ever comes, I'll gladly stop carrying.

Actually the underlying problem with our society is the common link we have with other countries that have high levels of gun violence. It's the underlying problem we keep telling people we should fix, but we just get ridiculed as a bunch of hillbilly gun nuts that don't care about dead kids. The fact of the matter is, it's not driven by the mere presence of guns. If you plot countries by gun ownership and intentional homicide rate, or gun ownership and gun homicide rate, you'll find no correlation. That means availability of guns isn't the driving factor. What you'll find though is that all the other countries that have high gun violence rates like we do have high overall crime rates, regardless of whether private citizens are allowed to own firearms or not. That's what needs to be fixed.

But these days, being tough on criminals is "racist" so I doubt you'll see that improve anytime soon.
edit on 24 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

If I could carry a gun in my state I would.

I would be justified with thousands of dollars of computer equipment often in my posession. But that’s not the issue. The issue to me is that our society is barbaric and we don’t try to make it better anyway we can within the confines of our principles.

I don’t blame people for carrying guns out of fear, its reasonable, but we have to separate practical reality from the ideal of change for the better as a society or we'll get worse into barbarism.

And that may include the sacrifice of some form of guns for the general good, one way or the other voluntary or involuntary.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: face23785

If I could carry a gun in my state I would.

I would be justified with thousands of dollars of computer equipment often in my posession. But that’s not the issue. The issue to me is that our society is barbaric and we don’t try to make it better anyway we can within the confines of our principles.

I don’t blame people for carrying guns out of fear, its reasonable, but we have to separate practical reality from the ideal of change for the better as a society or we'll get worse into barbarism.

And that may include the sacrifice of some form of guns for the general good, one way or the other voluntary or involuntary.

What form of guns would you propose sacrificing?

And most people don't carry out of fear. We essentially look at it like having car insurance. You have it hoping you never need it, but it's there just in case. That's not fear, that's just practicality and preparedness.
edit on 25 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join