It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he's thinking about pulling ICE from California

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Wow. Putin's plan might be going into Phase II.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
and shall protect each of them against Invasion;

What invasion?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

It was dumb and not something a President should say, but I doubt it was a serious threat. If it was then he needs to rethink that. Works both ways though and California needs to work with ICE and not block them or knowingly let criminals free just to spite them.

When did CA ever want to work with ICE? That is the main problem right?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

I watched that, but saw it as just sarcasm aimed at the State that refuses to accommodate ICE doing it's job.

This is the problem though. We have seen stupid crap come out before and it turns into an agenda item and some sort of Executive order.

Its not entirely knee jerk. Ive long believed that California would be better off on its own (perhaps paired with Washington and Oregon) and this fool may actually provide a pathway that has never existed to make that happen.

Somehow I think Congress would have some say in this.

You could make Brown the King
...and start off with a half trillion in debt and have to fund Social Security and .........................

All over a dislike for one President.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

[
If that's the case, then perhaps we should be keeping our Federal Tax dollars no? Somebody please get this fool a cliffnotes version of the constitution. mean since we give more than we take back perhaps its time to look to our own welfare if the Feds are threatening to abdicate their duties.

I don't think Trump would jump even if he got a 'Cliffnote' of anything

But your right about the tax dollars...California is keeping New Yoik going in their various er, enterprises.
Any way, California should be a country on it's own...why d'yuh think Trump is always on a Californian put-down job...he hates financial success....that's not his own...if he had any.

edit on 22-2-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

To be clear a sanctuary city cannot nor does it prevent ICE from coming in and rounding up people. It just means they don't call the Feds in or actively cooperate

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

True but a King with maybe a few years left. people forget how old he is. That being said, debt yes. But the Social Security issue would result in California taking its share out of the system. The state will not just walk away with nothing mind you. It would be owed its percentage of the Union minus its financial obligations to the Union as well.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

If you ever want to leave California, I could find you a nice home in North, SC. You would be in Hog Heaven!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Precisely what happened when my sister in-law was slaughtered by an illegal in a sanctuary city on the East Coast. I'll admit my bias as he was arrested three times for attacking other women, including the morning of her murder and he was on the street in a couple of hours. They let him go, no notice to ICE and he had been convicted of five brutal rapes in Mexico and they knew all about it, when they released him.

I'm very biased on this one, to say the least. She would be alive in most cities and her three kids, who lost their father the year before to cancer would not have been orphaned.

ETA: I'll bow out at this point. I know there are real victims of this sanctuary policy and it's too emotional for me. Thanks for the conversation.

edit on 2/22/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

What invasion?

Its a line from the Constitution so I assume they are speaking of 'External forces" like the British (from that time) and who knows who else. Perhaps Canukistan will invade.........

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I am really sorry to hear that and like with gun control there needs to be some sort of middle ground that allows both sides to do what they feel is needed.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
You can look at it many ways...However if you put it on paper, on video on algorithm you probably should pull, debrief and evaluate! Then asses appropriate action!

Politically it is pushed in a bad light but on anything but politics at the least make a immediate change in some coarse. At the most complete overnight shutdown(not my recommendation by far)

Making the threat silly and bad tasting but politics and what a lot love about Trump is he tells you what he is thinking and what he is going to or wants to do. Rare filter if ever!

As for reprimand after investigation and debriefing should go to the source of the problem and be confronted even if its a roundtable debacle.

ICE who is said to not much do their job is a wee bit of a stretch for not paying taxes lamo.
edit on 22-2-2018 by randomthoughts12 because: incomplete

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Well if California moves out of the Union, then I am leaving this state. Not a good place for working class people of all political affiliations anyways.
edit on 2/22/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I think it sets a dangerous precedence if states are allowed to dictate the enforcement of Federal immigration laws. Immigration laws exist for a reason and should be enforced regardless of geographic. Once again Cal is trying to hold the rest of the country hostage with their defiance. Their disregard of our Federal and State laws effects the country as a whole and they couldn't care less about the repercussions it has on the rest of us.

Or as Buford T justice would say.........

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Trump ploy. Get the enemy to relax...
Then , "the hammer falls"

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

That's crushing to hear Blaine, my condolences to you and your family.

That's just not right.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

... If Trump want to pull out of the state and not enforce the Constitutional requirement to protect the Union, to wit: ...

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

ahem Article 4, Section 4, Clause 2

If that's the case, then perhaps we should be keeping our Federal Tax dollars no? ...

So, do we want state sovereignty or a strong federal government?

I'm all for states' sovereignty. If California does not want to play by what the gederal gov't asks it to do, I'm all for the federal gov't getting the hell out of the way and letting California exercise its sovereignty.

Matter of fact, I've said for months that the federal gov't should remove all federal law enforcement from California, and pull all federal law enforcement funding. If they want to do it their way, let them do it their way.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
What trump should do is flood ca with ice, border patrol, us marshals, fbi and every other federal law enforcement he can muster. arrest all defiant politicians.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
did he do it yet?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
hope he does it

I hope he does too to be honest. Enough dicking around with his BS threats. Do it.

California represents a HUGE chunk of the GDP of the country as a whole and gets less back in taxes than we pay. Why should we pay taxes if the feds are abdicating their duties ???

Aren't California officials circumventing most if not all of the federal immigration laws? The judges and governor are thumbing their noses at any federal law they don't like.

Can they have their cake and eat it too, and the cherry on top just blame whatever happens on Trump?

<< 1    3  4 >>

join