It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed FL school deputy Resigns after video shows he stood outside did nothing

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: HomelessWhiteMale

Your expectations were wrong not the plumbers training

If my expectations are wrong, then there should be no debate about gun control... except whether or not the cops need them. They can always cower in their corners, so why issue them a deadly weapon?

Instead let everyone else have a gun.

TheRedneck

I agree and thats why i dont want this to become about this one man

Its about the expectaion of police and how that expectation is not reality

He did his job . its our fault for not understanding what his job was

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

...and where there's one, there's more.

There are many, my friend, many good cops out there doing their job to the best of their ability. But there are also the few like this fool who do nothing.

What sort of person is required in that sort of job?

A person with a good heart.

One can train to become a good shot. One can train to become a fast shot. One can train to be effective in hand-to-hand combat. One can be taught how to deal with expected situations... traffic stops, domestic situations, etc. One cannot be trained how to not be a coward.

Understand being afraid does not make one a coward. Everyone gets afraid at times. The difference between a brave man and a coward is how they react to that fear.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I heard something about the top Broward County Sheriff being a showboat with no substance? What's this about?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

Oh, I know about the dimples... my daughter has them. She could melt me in a heartbeat when she was small.

I have a feeling her kids will be worse...

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I agree with the hope of good cops stepping up. Unfortunate that those who do typically get pushed out of a job

Maybe that's where we need to step in. While it is incumbent on the police to at least make an effort to police themselves, it is also the duty of every citizen to support the police who are doing their job well.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Is it not a possibility that he was told to hold his position and not enter the building?

Why do I get the feeling they are using him as a scapegoat for what was really going on there?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Meh in the end it’s my society I live in I am gravely concerned about.. I truly feel we are on a roller coaster headed to hell. We are just gripping the seat belts screaming at each other on the way down.. Am I crazy? Let’s google the 80’s in American society, compare the values etc. but lemme digress from tools to argue over. I am focusing on the feelings as a whole we are emotional creatures. If history teaches us anything it is going to continue to get worse. It is indeed fascinating and sad also to observe this behavior in sociology..

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I actually feel bad for this guy.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

All that I agree with whole-heartedly.

How, though, in an interview and job application process, does one decide on good heartedness?

I mean, we know it when we see it--or most of us do.

Don't get me wrong, I think you and HWM (your screen name is way too long...
), are on the right track, but I've done job interviews...and for the life of me I'm not sure I could come up with a question or series of questions that would indicate the heartedness (is that a thing?) of a man or woman being interviewed.

It's probably a series of questions, along with personal history, parent or not, tough what ever the answer is...that much I'm sure of.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I do, but I don't...if that makes any sense what so ever.

One moment in time has just destroyed what ever good he's ever done in the eye's of many. **poof**

I know myself well enough to know I'm not suitable for such a job. As people have said, I want to go home at the end of the day. He should have asked himself that question...he didn't, and kids died as a result, not all of 'em maybe, but one was too many.

My family? I'll burn the world to ashes for them. I'd probably step in the way of a bullet, blade, etc... for kids. But "probably" ain't near good 'nough, as they say. It has to be ironclad certainty.

The families deserve to know that if or when the time comes, that guy or gal is going to come to the sharp end of the stick with their hair on fire, and the wrath of God behind 'em. Nothing less.
edit on 2/22/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
The school resource officer Scott Peterson resigned after it was revealed he would be suspended without pay, for his role in not engaging the school shooter when he clearly had the opportunity to do so.

Sheriff Scott Israel during a press conference Thursday said video showed Peterson arriving at the west side of the building where the shooting took place. Peterson, Israel said, took up a position but "never went in."

Deputy resigns FOX

Such a shame. There were so many warning signs and chances to stop this tragedy. I guess not everyone is cut out to be a hero. But it was his JOB!! wow

Just heard that!

Damn! I thought the kid took out the guards.

Another thing that was said was that the CCTV system is on a 20 min delay.

So no real time surveillance.

Sad, that guard is gonna have some problems.

RE: twitter.com...
Hard to believe, but this attack is starting to show a lot of strange occurances, and non-occurances, just like the Las Vegas mass shooting.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Well when you hear an AR-15 being shot at at near full auto and having a measley pistol and probably constantly worrying about multiple shooters. I see where this dude screwed up and got too scared to perform his duty. That being said, still an absolute coward and a million plus people could of done a better job. :edit hell anything at all...

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

no he signed on so he could get easy collars and generate money for county like most law officers protecting the public PFFT! cops are not for date for the most part.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

i can i was up cooking late supper at 2 in the morning with windows raised and heard a woman scream i slapped on some pants and shoes to make sure nobody was hurt. i found a woman and her twelve year old child . her boyfriend she caught in bed with another girl at his place and he made her leave on foot. i didn't know what i was going to find . but i went out bare bare handed.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I wanted to start a thread on this very topic just now after reading the article.

This guy took a job not only to protect and serve, but as a school resource officer, to protect our children.

Why is the local sheriff office protecting this guy who cowardly refused to engage that trash who threatened those kids?

Oh I know! Because he’s too much of a coward to protect himself let alone those he was assigned to protect

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Just because a blind man needs a job, you still don't out him behind the wheel of a truck.

Just because a guy in a wheelchair needs a job, you still don't have him trying to climb phone poles.

I see people all the time who are blessed enough to have a decent job, but they either won't or can't do what is expected of them. If you can't do the job, find another job. 17 people are dead because this one piece of trash couldn't do his job.

TheRedneck

He did his job fine, police and military are trained to only engage when they have fire superiority. He did not have that.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   
What's the popular meme?? Good guy with a gun, does what exactly??

Our president want to arm teachers, so let's see multiple shots being fired, cops arrived don't know who is whom, kills everyone.

Side note, teachers been begging for more money since forever , some schools are so low on supplies teachers often pay out of pocket and are not reimbursed because city or state said they don't have the money, but carry a piece to school,$$ problem solved. president say we give bonuses .
edit on 23-2-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   

a reply to: seagull

...and where there's one, there's more.

There are many, my friend, many good cops out there doing their job to the best of their ability. But there are also the few like this fool who do nothing.

What sort of person is required in that sort of job?

A person with a good heart.

One can train to become a good shot. One can train to become a fast shot. One can train to be effective in hand-to-hand combat. One can be taught how to deal with expected situations... traffic stops, domestic situations, etc. One cannot be trained how to not be a coward.

Understand being afraid does not make one a coward. Everyone gets afraid at times. The difference between a brave man and a coward is how they react to that fear.

TheRedneck

You are on a roll tonight, my friend. Truer words have rarely been spoken, ever.

If we ever meet, the beer's on me, yes?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Hero? The guy was afraid, a human thing but if he signed on to this job you are signing on a job to die.

I won’t judge him though. He was just afraid.

We all hope that when something like this horrible thing happens we can do the brave thing.

I work in schools everyday and when looking at the kids can't help thinking about the kids dying; really breaks your heart.

That's weird...

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I watched a man die once because I froze. I was working on passenger ferries and a tourist keeled over having a heart attack. The cabin staff were administering CPR, but this was a big guy and they were being too soft on his chest. I Kew what to do and how to do it, I wanted to shove these guys out of the way and take over, but I didn't have enough confidence in myself, and I was scared that if I somehow messed up, I'd be responsible for his death.

I'll never forget the deep purple colour of his face as his life drained away.

I was only 16, and truth be told, I've just found out that I'm still really affected by it, that will never leave me.

I froze, and it possibly cost another human being their life, it can happen to anyone, at any time.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join