It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed FL school deputy Resigns after video shows he stood outside did nothing

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
When I started reading that, I first heaved a sigh of relief. Now I think you have lost your mind. First-graders with AK-47s? Can we get back to reality here?

Obviously they wouldn't be AK47's. You can't conceal those, it would make it obvious who is and isn't a target. They need handguns in their backpacks. Concealed carry so that everyone can represent a threat while not everyone has to actually get a gun.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: knowledge4truth
They receive the same training, qualify with and carry the same weapons as any other deputy. They receive the same pensions and benefits, so don't tell us they're exempt from putting themselves in harm's way.

Why should they be put in harms way? Police Officers are taught to only fight the battles they can win. It has cut down drastically on officer deaths over the years.

Do you mean like shooting unarmed criminals in the back while they are running away.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This is who Broward’s sheriff pals around with? Are you kidding me? Al-Qaeda fam?!

Al-Quida's younger brother raising funds
The media arm of the Pembroke Pines, Florida-based Darul Uloom Institute mosque publishes videos with images of:
• DEAD U.S. SOLDIERS
• Jerusalem burning
Unbelievable.

There’s even members of his force that go to this mosque! This is so much worse than what we’re being fed.
The Palm Beach Democratic Party held its 2017 Truman Kennedy Johnson Dinner at the West Palm Beach Marriott Hotel.
Anti-gay Imam featured at Democrat Gala

The Keynote Speaker at the event was Terry McAuliffe. Other speakers included:
• U.S. Rep Alcee Hastings
• Then-Florida Democratic Party Chairman Stephen Bittel, who resigned in November over allegations of sexually inappropriate behavior.
• Then-Palm Beach County Party Chairwoman Terrie Rizzo, who was elected in December to take over for Bittel as Chair of the Florida Democratic Party.
Prior to the speakers, there was a joint invocation performed by a rabbi, two pastors and an imam.
The imam, Maulana Shafayat Mohamed, is notorious for his unapologetic bashing of homosexuals; which the Democrats say they don’t allow.
Shafayat Mohamed is the imam of the Darul Uloom Institute mosque, located in Pembroke Pines, Florida, which is known for radicalizing the children of Florida. Totally bonkers!
This is the press-arm for that mosque.

The TKJ Dinner wasn’t the first Democrat event Shafayat Mohamed has participated in. In fact, he’s been involved in several, including giving the invocations at the Florida Democratic Party’s annual Leadership Blue Gala in 2014 (featuring Bill Clinton), 2015 and 2016.

In October 2015, the TKJ dinner invocation was performed by Wilfredo Amr Ruiz, the legal adviser of the American Muslim Association of North America (AMANA), a group that actively promotes former KKK leader and white supremacist David Duke. You might be a Democrat if you get the support of the KKK and radical Islam at the same time.Do NOT be fooled
Like its sister madrasa in PAKISTAN, the Darul Uloom Institute and its imam, Shafayat Mohamed, follow in the line of the most extreme elements of the Deobandi movement. The only difference is that one is 7,000 miles away, and the other is in our backyard. The profile picture on Mohamed's Facebook page shows him shaking hands with now-deceased Muslim leader Ahmed Deedat, with whom he said he "had a good relationship." The photo with Deedat was taken in Durban, South Africa, at what was then named the Bin Laden Centre.
You ever peek into the Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development? (Palestinian “charity” group based in Texas)
Tale of two Mosques

They had a registered agent in Florida, connected to that mosque. Old filing for lobbying.

Coming for ya, Keith.

No policy violation in threatening to shoot up the school.

“No policy violation” = Ignored it Whooped his adoptive mother’s ass for taking away his Xbox: IGNORED Shot chickens with guns: IGNORED Beat up his brother: IGNORED Punching holes in the walls: IGNORED Beat up the neighbors: IGNORED“Educate, Don’t incarcerate”
Darul Uloom Institute mosque. What’s going on in Broward County⁉️

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledge4truth
They receive the same training, qualify with and carry the same weapons as any other deputy. They receive the same pensions and benefits, so don't tell us they're exempt from putting themselves in harm's way.

Why should they be put in harms way? Police Officers are taught to only fight the battles they can win. It has cut down drastically on officer deaths over the years.

Free tip here is what his boss the sheriff said...

On Thursday, Israel said surveillance footage captured the officer’s inaction. Asked what Peterson should have done, Israel said: “Went in. Addressed the killer. Killed the killer.”

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: EchoesInTime

This thread is exposing too much stupidity, I can't take it. I'm mad.

explain yourself, you make no sense?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   
What a piece of garbage this guy was. Had the chance to save lives and failed miserably. No sympathy for this guy at all, he is an embarrassment to his people.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Not one but four sheriff’s deputies hid behind cars instead of storming Marjory Stoneman Douglas HS in Parkland, Fla., during Wednesday’s school shooting, police claimed Friday — as newly released records revealed the Broward County Sheriff’s Office had received at least 18 calls about the troubled teen over the past decade.

Sources from Coral Springs, Fla., Police Department tell CNN that when its officers arrived on the scene Wednesday, they were shocked to find three Broward County Sheriff’s deputies behind their cars with weapons drawn.

Ny Post

If true..

Tell me again how we should rely on the police response when seconds count...
edit on 24-2-2018 by Irishhaf because: added if true

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko

originally posted by: HomelessWhiteMale
It is not his duty to protect anyone but himself. no police officer has that obligation

That doesn't change the fact that he's a coward. Cop or no cop, he had a gun, knew of the situation, was stationed there for the purpose of protecting the school occupants - and he didn't do anything. Your pushing the "it was not his duty" narrative is a mute point.

My "narrative" is WHY wasnt it his duty

Instead of all these people calling names maybe we should be looking into why .

I think that is a lot more telling
edit on 24-2-2018 by HomelessWhiteMale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Obviously they wouldn't be AK47's. You can't conceal those, it would make it obvious who is and isn't a target. They need handguns in their backpacks. Concealed carry so that everyone can represent a threat while not everyone has to actually get a gun.

I specified first-graders, sarcastically, but I did specify first-graders.

That is the most inane, irresponsible, inappropriate, ridiculous, ludicrous, and all-around stoopid line of reasoning I have ever heard. It does not deserve a reasoned response... it deserves to be exorcised from existence.

You must be proud.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Isn't that exactly what you're suggesting for teachers though? What makes them any different?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Isn't that exactly what you're suggesting for teachers though? What makes them any different?

Teachers are no different than first graders?

I knew schools were different today... but this takes the cake.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

They're adults.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Don't forget shooting people sitting in their cars, or ladies unarmed in pajama's approaching police cars..sadly I can go on and on.

So what are we up to now, 4 guys with guns who didn't do sh#t.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

It does indeed paint a very bleak picture, I'm not sure what the fix is for this mess.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I'm not sure what the fix is for this mess.

Assuming the mess you speak of is the police inaction... there's so many messes surrounding this disaster...

I only know of one fix. We do to them what they refused to do to the shooter. We stop the problem. Every one of those four officers need to be fired, their ability to carry... no, own, a firearm revoked, their retirement confiscated, and they should be sued in court for every dime paid to them as a policeman. Israel, who I am hearing was guilty of causing the indecision, should suffer the same fate, and never be allowed to run for a public office or serve on a police force again.

While we're at it, investigate the mayor too... he hires the police chief as I understand it. If he's implicated, throw that bum out too.

Clean out the department... if needed, hire all new cops from the chief on down. That'll get the message across that if you take our money to protect us from the bad guys, you better be ready to do the job.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I do agree with your sentiment, however I see 2 big issues without thinking about it much.

1. This looks like it is an issue that is far larger than this school, these officers and the commanding officer.

2. Not enough people want to be police officers as it is, let alone teachers.

How to move forward from these revelations will be interesting to say the least.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

1. This looks like it is an issue that is far larger than this school, these officers and the commanding officer.

You may well be correct, and that should be investigated. At some point, it may be that someone used this disaster, or even instigated this disaster, for political gain. If so, I say they should sit in the executioner's chair next to Cruz and share a needle.

But... we already know that police officers failed to protect their charges. We know that Israel has had issues with action from his department. The surest way to flush out any higher-ups involved is to throw the book at those we already know are involved. Anyone allowed to escape consequences only emboldens those around them, but implementing swift, sure consequences on one person makes their co-conspirators nervous enough to be noticed.

2. Not enough people want to be police officers as it is, let alone teachers.

That is the narrative being pushed, yes. But why do people not want to become police officers or teachers? That is the question we should be asking.

I worked several years as a tutor and assistant to the teaching staff at the local community college. In that time, I had the opportunity many, many times to talk with teachers one-on-one candidly. Many community college adjunct instructors, especially at the entry level, also work as part-time high school teachers or have retired from public school teaching. The two things that seemed to be consistent with their stories was that they loved to teach, and that they were disappointed that they were not allowed to teach.

Our schools have transformed in the last few decades. We no longer use them for education; we use them for day care. Teachers are prohibited form enforcing discipline in the classroom, and therefore are required by reality to deal constantly with disruptions instead of teaching. This, in turn, makes their attempts to teach less effective, and removes the joy they get from teaching. Add in a percentage of parents who will throw a fit themselves should anything unwanted befall their precious little hellions, and the job becomes a daily grind instead of a joyful adventure.

There are more rewards than money in such occupations. Teachers by and large love to see students succeed and grow in knowledge. That is a large part of their 'pay.' When they are unable to do so, when they are prohibited form doing the job they love, many will simply change jobs. There is the real reason why teachers, especially good teachers, are in such shortage. Bring back discipline in schools and that will all change.

I do not know this for a fact, but I highly suspect police officers feel similarly. Like teachers, they perform a highly specific job that centers around social work. It has to be frustrating when a troublemaker is caught in a criminal act, locked up off the streets, and then set free by the legal system the next day. A week later, the same guy is caught again. Where is the satisfaction in that?

In other words, I do not believe there is a true shortage of teachers and police officers, I believe there is a shortage of teachers and police officers who are fine with having no job satisfaction. We have to change the system to give that back.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

They're adults.

What does being an adult have to do with anything? Plenty of people have mentioned that they had access to guns as kids, and didn't shoot anyone.

What even is an adult anyways? What's magical about the age of 18? Even our President says he's the same now as he was at 12 years old. And if we do follow this adult narrative, what about 18 year olds in high school? They are adults too.

Edit:
Again, this whole conversation sprung out of both of us sarcastically suggesting things in the first place. There's something about arming school kids that feels wrong, I'm not necessarily arguing for it, I'm just trying to figure out what that is, because a simple adult/kid distinction doesn't seem right to me, it's completely arbitrary.
edit on 25-2-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I worked several years as a tutor and assistant to the teaching staff at the local community college. In that time, I had the opportunity many, many times to talk with teachers one-on-one candidly. Many community college adjunct instructors, especially at the entry level, also work as part-time high school teachers or have retired from public school teaching. The two things that seemed to be consistent with their stories was that they loved to teach, and that they were disappointed that they were not allowed to teach.

A buddy of mine that I play card games with each week is a teacher at the local high school. He teaches a bunch of AP science courses, physics, and so on. What he has told me is that the biggest problem with teaching is that he's not allowed to fail students, he has to pass x% of them no matter what and that most students just don't try hard enough to learn the material. Every failed student is a huge political battle, because it's how the school determines funding.

Another friend of mine taught at community college and his biggest complaint was again that he wasn't allowed to fail students. But the students he was getting that were fresh out of high school just weren't equipped to do the work. In some cases he had students who literally could not read (they needed special accommodations from the school to give them oral rather than written tests) because they were just passed through the high school.

From my time tutoring I would have to say those observations were accurate. For a time I was tutoring math, programming, and art classes and putting aside the fact that it's never the geniuses that you're tutoring, so many of the people I would work with just could not grasp it. I don't want to say they were dumb, but they just seemed to never learn any of the underlying material for whatever reason.

Police officers tend to have a different problem. They rarely deal with rational human beings. Their job involves dealing with people at their worst day in and day out. That will wear on anyone.
edit on 25-2-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
How many other school shootings were stopped because of police and/or security?

Why am I the only one who isn't surprised by this?

American LEO's sat outside behind their cars while kids were being murdered.

Shocker. It's too bad it was a mass shooting and not just some kids with pot, cops don't "freeze," when it comes to dealing with those lowlife criminals.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join