It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

32 Charges In New Mueller Indictment of Manafort and Gates

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

They are connected to trump. They worked for his election campaign. That's how they came into Muellers scope to begin with.
Where did the disconnect come in?

The loans were approved while these guys were running their crime scheme during the campaign.
The guy in Chicago was expecting a cabinet position as Secretary of the Army, even going so far as to seek information from the Pentagon so he could prepare for the position.
Why would he think that was possible?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

What and when did Mueller learn that he couldn't have done the first time with Manafort?

Nothing. He had these charges in his arsenal. They needed to be filed where Maniforts tax evasion took place and that would be Virginia not DC. The charges levied in D.C. were for crimes committed in that jurisdiction. The tax crimes are charged where he lived when he filed the taxes. In this case Virginia.
These charges against him or Gates are not new in that respect.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The Special Prosecutor who will soon be named to investigate Obama/Hillary/Lynch/Comey/Rice,

Don't hold your breath. Sessions has no heart for it because unlike you he can see that there's nothing there and he doesn't want to be that fool. But he has to placate the conspiracy theory believing president at the same time so he says things like ill look into looking into it. And when he does he's going to have to announce that there's no reason for any special counsel.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Good to see these corrupt guys going down.

Still has nothing to do with Trump though. And this is "Ukrainian" collusion, not Russian.

Doesn't matter if its a "pro Russian" government. What is that anyway? Meaning they like Russia vs dislike them? That describes a lot of people. Maybe even more than us, depends on which country you look at.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You've been holding your breath for a Trump indictment for over a year now (and a dozen other things that never happened/won't happen)

Keep dreaming.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Good to see these corrupt guys going down.

Still has nothing to do with Trump though. And this is "Ukrainian" collusion, not Russian.

Doesn't matter if its a "pro Russian" government. What is that anyway? Meaning they like Russia vs dislike them? That describes a lot of people. Maybe even more than us, depends on which country you look at.

Pretty much what it comes down to.

The scope of the investigation are slowing rolling off its tracks.

In all honesty, it just looks like Mueller is taking what he can get his hands onto. Doing so, continues to create the illusion that there is still something there, involving Russians and Trump that is. The leftist liberals eat it all up, pretty comical.

The average, critically thinking reader can see past the BS spin. This thread is nothing more than to announce new "Non-collusion" charges against the same folk the leftist swore up and down would take down the administration.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Guess this answers the question about Gates

www.nytimes.com...

abcnews.go.com...

Former Trump aide Richard Gates poised to plead guilty, cooperate with special counsel, sources say

President Trump’s one-time campaign aide Richard Gates is expected to plead guilty in the special counsel’s criminal case against him, setting up the potential for Gates to become the latest well-informed Trump insider to assist in the investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential contest, according to sources close to the matter.

The potential for a guilty plea could dramatically change the dynamics in the investigation, just one day after special counsel Robert Mueller added a raft of new financial and tax charges to the criminal case against Gates and his longtime colleague, Paul Manafort.

edit on 2232018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I'm not holding my breath. I'm following along just like you.

We just see things different.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

That's how you work a complex case. Mueller is an expert in working cases against the mafia. He's the guy who got the Teflon Don John Gotti.
( His son lived around the corner from me on long island... just thought I'd throw that in lol)
He built that case one little worm at a time. Get this one to tell on that one. Get that one to go up a notch. Step by step.
We know from Muellers line of inquiry that he's looking at trump money in offshore accounts and business deals with shady banks. You really think he's stopping at tax evasion for some associates?
edit on 2232018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

That's how you work a complex case. Mueller is an expert in working cases against the mafia. He's the guy who got the Teflon Don John Gotti.
( His son lived around the corner from me on long island... just thought I'd throw that in lol)
He built that case one little work at a time. Get this one to tell on that one. Get that one to go up a notch. Step by step.
We know from Muellers line of inquiry that he's looking at trump money in offshore accounts and business deals with shady banks. You really think he's stopping at tax evasion for some associates?

Yes. We already know Muellers specialty, this isn't new info and doesn't scare the slightest.

Manafort and Gates WON'T flip because there isn't anything to flip on, hench the initial push back with their attorneys. Your source from the NYtimes and ABC, when cutting away the proverbial FAT, the sensationalist wording so to speak, the spiel that once was is now revealed to show that he is going for a guilty plea as a result for possibly a lesser charge. He will have to divulge his sources most likely. He is a bad boy, there isn't any argument for that, same with Manafort. But these dealings, once again, have nothing to do with Trump or Collusion. These bad guys were dealing with Russians long before.

Here comes Trump, a non politician, new on the block, right into cannibals den of DC, picks these dudes up then offs them a few months later. Its all optics, no different then me claiming to know Trump simply because I was a janitor cleaning his floors a door down every day.

I know your angle, as it is exactly what the narrative of the leftist media is, in that Gates will spill the beans on the whole operation, or one of them will, something to the effect that would continue working its way up the chain of power.

Easily deduced, Its a fine movie plot, but I'll have to disagree with it. However, if thats your views and perception, so be it. May true justice determine the outcome.

edit on 23-2-2018 by Arnie123 because: Heh

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I was just coming to update the thread. AP is reporting it now too. ABC apparently got hold of a letter sent to his friends and family this morning (from article you linked):

President Trump’s one-time campaign aide Richard Gates has told family and close friends in a letter sent this morning he plans to plead guilty Friday in the special counsel’s criminal case against him, setting up the potential for Gates to become the latest well-informed Trump insider to assist in the investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential contest, according to sources close to the matter.

In the letter obtained by ABC News, Gates writes to family and friends “despite my initial desire to vigorously defend myself, I have had a change of heart,” Gates explained. “The reality of how long this legal process will likely take, the cost, and the circus-like atmosphere of an anticipated trial are too much. I will better serve my family moving forward by exiting this process.”

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
So the open ended never running out money witch hunt by Mueller is still going. What a joke. We need a multi-million dollar special prosecutor to find bank fraud? What a joke.

The thing about a "witch hunt" is that there were no witches. This isn't a witch hunt.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Indeed

I wouldn't hold mine for a Clinton prosecution either. Unfortunately our double justice system had become very evident over the years, long before any of this recent BS

It started over a century ago, in fact. When our grand juries become arms of the state instead of fair and independent investigatory bodies. Now it is sickeningly joked about our Grand Juries indicting ham sandwiches and acting as an extension of a prosecutor.

Disgusting. Our founders would be ashamed of what this country has become, and that our own people have sat on their hands for the last century. Being distracted, likely be design, by the same government that usurps such power in the first place.

We deserve much better as a nation. Much, much better.
edit on 2/23/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
a reply to: aethertek

Your obsession with russians is getting troublesome. Not everything is about Trump no matter how much you want it to be.

LMAO, these Are real criminal charges against trump camp. This is no little deal dude. If this were Hillary you'd be dancing in the rain.

Yet, still no evidence of “collusion” which the libs have been crowing about for more than a year.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
a reply to: aethertek

Your obsession with russians is getting troublesome. Not everything is about Trump no matter how much you want it to be.

LMAO, these Are real criminal charges against trump camp. This is no little deal dude. If this were Hillary you'd be dancing in the rain.

Yet, still no evidence of “collusion” which the libs have been crowing about for more than a year.

For collusion you need physical evidence like electronic text, phone records, photos, videos.
edit on 23-2-2018 by dawnofvictory because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Wanted to post this yesterday but I got caught up with work stuff. A little more detail about the Manafort/Calk thing.

First a little bit about Calk from a thread I did with brief bios of Trump's economic advisory team back in 2016:

Stephen Calk

Steve Calk's bios aren't terribly revealing but he doesn't seem to have any serious political ties. His father's job took the family to Europe for part of his childhood. He went to West Point Prep (nominated by Congressman Phillip Crane), got his bachelor's from Univ of Illinois Urbana, went into the Army a commissioned officer and was a helicopter pilot for 16 years. While serving in the reserves, he started a mortgage banking company (no further details) through which he became wealthy. Started a bank with his brother called Chicago Bancorp. Chicago Bancorp was one of the largest privately held retail mortgage banks in the country until it dissolved in 2012. Now he's the founder, chairman and CEO of the Federal Savings Bank (also in Chicago).

One blip in the news from 2014. He, his brother and both the dissolved Chicago Bancorp and newly formed Federal Savings Bank were defendents in a lawsuit filed by CitiMortgage claiming that details of some of the nearly 5,000 loans they purchased from the banks were misrepresented.

Calk's bank caters specifically to vets (which Manafort is most certainly not). Now Manafort was having financial troubles back in 2015-16, not least of which because the money from Yanukovych/PoR had stopped flowing in. In addition to that, his son-in-law had started a business to flip houses out West and was defaulting on loans which were backed by properties owned by Manafort and his wife.

Which makes the fact that he went to work for Trump for free even more eyebrow raising. By the end of the year, he was facing foreclosure and needed money desperately which is where the $16 million in loans from Calk's bank come in.

Here's the WSJ reporting about Stephen Calk from last March:

Mr. Manafort was at risk of losing both his Brooklyn, N.Y., townhouse and his family’s investments in California properties being developed by his son-in-law, the records show.

But in November and January, Mr. Manafort and his wife received as much as $16 million in loans from the Federal Savings Bank, a small bank in Chicago run by Steve Calk. The loans equaled almost 24% of the bank’s reported $67 million of equity capital.

That alone should and apparently did send up red flags. Why would anyone go that far out on a limb for somebody who was clearly demonstrating that they couldn't or wouldn't pay their existing debts? Doesn't make a lot of sense. Particularly when you realize that a few months earlier, Manafort had quit the campaign amid revelations from Ukraine about corruption. And as this questionable thing is being done, Calk is doing something odd — recapped briefly in a WSJ article from a couple days ago:

Around the time his bank made the Manafort loans in late 2016 and early 2017—for several properties including a Brooklyn townhouse—Mr. Calk was seeking to become Mr. Trump’s Army secretary, according to three people briefed on the interactions, The Wall Street Journal reported last year.

Mr. Calk was placing calls to the Pentagon and specifically to Army headquarters, asking for briefings to obtain information and prepare himself for a possible job, according to a person familiar with the inquiries. Mr. Calk’s overtures raised questions among military leaders as to how to respond, this person said.

Mr. Calk, a veteran whose bank caters to former members of the military, didn’t get the Army job.

edit on 2018-2-23 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

He built that case one little work at a time. Get this one to tell on that one. Get that one to go up a notch. Step by step.

Manafort and Gates WON'T flip ...

Um, didn't I just read this morning that Gates plead guilty (likely indicating that he's 'flipped'), or can you explain to me what reason someone would have to plead guilty if they hadn't flipped?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Yes, grand jury proceedings are definitely skewed heavily in favor of the prosecution. That said, Manafort's no ham sandwich and the case against him looks solid even without Gates.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Guess this answers the question about Gates

Piece by piece the card house falls.

Trumpster's can not deflect reality.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnofvictory

"collusion" isn't a real crime, but "conspiracy" is. And a key element to any conspiracy is that a defendant knowingly and intentionally took some action to further a conspiracy to commit some arbitrary crime. Whereas, "wire fraud" and "conspiracy to commit wire fraud" are two different charges. One is the illegal act itself, while the other is the crime of conspiring to break a specific law.

In the case of a conspiracy to defraud the United States (what they call "collusion"), Mueller would have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt Trump knowingly and intentionally engaged in some action designed to further a conspiracy to commit a crime. In this case, Mueller has already stated Trump/campaign were not knowing participants in any conspiracy, therefore eliminating the possibility of a conspiracy indictment (provided no new evidence emerges).

As long as no new credible evidence comes to light, Trump is free and clear. There won't be any evidence, provided he did nothing wrong during the campaign. Saying nice things about Putin and hoping someone collected Hillary's illegally deleted emails is not a crime. Nor is asking for those emails to use against her politically. As long as he didn't steal the emails or take some act to further a conspiracy (ie: facilitating their theft would be illegal conspiracy, while merely exploiting their theft is politics - not a crime. Also, advocating for their theft is not a crime. Having knowledge of a conspiracy is not a crime. Read the federal instructions on conspiracy..)
edit on 2/23/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join