It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legalization of Industrial Hemp Passes House (AK)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

if you read the law the DEA can give you a grow permit OR the state can work with you instead pursuent to 7606

Frequently Asked Questions

Question 1: Will agricultural research pilot programs that conduct experiments involving growing industrial hemp still require DEA permitting?

Answer: No, as long as the hemp in question is grown or cultivated under a license, registration, authorization, or production lease with a state pilot program under (or otherwise compliant with) Section 7606. DEA permitting is required under the Controlled Substances Act (CSA). The 2014 Farm Bill legitimized industrial hemp research “notwithstanding” the CSA, if performed pursuant to section 7606.

and yes alaska is going further.

edit on 22-2-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

Which is the sticking point, a naturally occurring oil in a plant is a drug? Why not aloe vera? Heck, why not eucalyptus leaves?? Especially when there are less than 0.3% amount of THC (the thing that gets you stoned) in a plant targeted for industrial usage (and livestock feed! Not even human consumption!!) That is what is just crazy about the DEA's stance on CBDs: it treated the same as pot. And it is regulated so nobody can study if the industrial hemp version is worse/as good as/better than the pot version.

Well, there you go! There is my "hemp study" right there!

a reply to: luthier

The omega-3 oils I did not know about. That would be a better alternative for those that have tried the omega-3 pills and found them fishy tasting! CBD can be extracted using olive oil! Fried eggs in CBD EVOO? Sounds like a hangover cure to me!

I've never considered it as a dietary supplement due to a no tolerance rule at work, but would definitely consider an industrial hemp version! Especially as the hair starts getting grey and the joints don't flex like the rubbery teenager I once was.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

you didnt check your pms but you inspired me to finally jump on a full spectrum canabinoid extraxt (not including thc) but including the oil.. extracted by co2..

company seems well respected.

my joints are starting to suck. being sick as f right now in much bone pain and this thread and my taxes just got back and while i was reading this thread a commercial for omega 3 fatty acids... omega 3 suppossed goodnesses match what I need.

it just all added up.
This is what youve been looking for reverbs.

gotta love that synchro.

ratio of hemp oil omega 3 to omega 6 is the 1 to 4 ideal ratio. thats just on top of cbd and other legal canabinoids.

that was the icing on the cake.

the dose Im going to test on one subject with zero control group and much subjectivy will cost under $1.50/day throughout the study. results will surely be published in the journal of abovetopsecrets.

*this is not a real study im just kidding. this is all legal in my state

exciting times

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I'm hoping that at some point in my life I'm going to be able to have the time and resources to be able to try to construct some structural panels by taking hemp canvas and layering it and impregnating it with plant polymers in order to make a rigid strong panel that could be made in any shape

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy

I'm hoping that at some point in my life I'm going to be able to have the time and resources to be able to try to construct some structural panels by taking hemp canvas and layering it and impregnating it with plant polymers in order to make a rigid strong panel that could be made in any shape

If thats what you really want, you Will have it.
Sounds awesome btw.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Industrial hemp was legalized a couple years ago on TN- yet we just had raids on hemp derived CBD products... the asshats still abound!

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Now is the time to invest in the "green" market. In ten years, car bodies will be made of hemp fiber panels along with more products than you can even imagine; the profit potential is astonishing.... Unless Trump and Sessions cave to the "reefer Madness" Republican conservatives in govt.

Come November VOTE THEM OUT!!

edit on 23-2-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Great...

Now, if Sessions could also see his way clear to stopping the ages old habit of government infringing on a persons cerebral liberty, and get the DEA to leave actual pot alone at the federal level as well, then you would really be in good shape!

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
Industrial hemp was legalized a couple years ago on TN- yet we just had raids on hemp derived CBD products... the asshats still abound!

marijuana and cbd oils are soo medically amazing its obvious whats going on here.

It makes me F-ing sick to think about this #.

According to researchers at the National Institute of Scientific Research at the University of Quebec, which used the hospital discharge records of nearly 320,000 patients who either currently abuse, or in the past have abused, alcohol, marijuana is something of a miracle drug:

Alcohol abusers who didn’t consume cannabis during their heavy drinking days had a whopping 90% chance of developing a liver disease. “Light” cannabis users, conversely, had only an 8% chance.

source

Thats not the only patient data study either. others have similar findings.

I had no idea marijuana could prevent your liver from losing ability over time to process sugar...

Really?

Anyway, I think Feds should be punished for not following the law. Technically you have to import hemp and its fine then..

people getting raided were probably growing domestic hemp which DEA calls (hemp plant rooted in the ground) marijuana.

DEA just being bastards at the callings of their master. Lap dogs fighting for government budget scraps never stopping to realize the government is all of us and hurting one to help another is a detriment to the total system.

They can have their health issues.
If I cant access CBD, Its way easier to support my local gangs lol. Funny, but not funny..

I know the lap dogs are that stupid, but the plan makers are not.. selling human life for greenbacks.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

North Carolina might be pulling ahead of the game actually.

NC harvesting first legal hemp crop in decades

Schmitt’s company and its parent, Hemp, Inc., have recently begun operations at a new 70,000 square foot multipurpose hemp processing mill in Spring Hope, North Carolina. The facility, which is North America’s largest, is able to process hemp for industrial products as well as other cultivars grown for their CBD-rich flowers.

But he believes 2017 was still a valuable growing season, particularly since farmers new to hemp gained valuable knowledge and experience. He expects as many as 10,000 acres will be planted in North Carolina in 2018, and that the state will lead the U.S. in production within two or three years.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I am very anxious to hear the results of your test of the CBD oil and the cannabis extract

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

The sad state of affairs where the national policy is bassackwards against a plant substance that is just released from the plant. There is nothing added, the molecules are not being manipulated in anyway. Why isn't orange juice a Schedule 1 drug? In the end the results are the same! A natural plant product is made.

DEA's claim that CBD is a drug is heard at the appeals level. They want dismissal of the lawsuit! @sshats indeed.

a reply to: olaru12

IIRC, hemp is one of the fibers used in making the US dollar! Because it lasts, can survive a spin and tumble in the washer and dryer, and is more durable than cotton.

Refer Madness Republicans! Luv it!

a reply to: TrueBrit

This seems like such a no brainer. There is no psychoactive chemicals in CBD (if you want it that way). How, with a straight face, they can sit there and claim otherwise... it dumbfounds me!

Been reading about US states having industrial hemp legislation. In Wisconsin, the governor vetoed it; they over rode his veto! There are some seriously misinformed people out there. Or, they are puppets for a dubious scheme at keeping CBDs out of the public's hands.

The national policy looks like each state is going to have to separate industrial hemp from MJ, on their own. In addition, they should ignore or otherwise inhibit any national effort at stopping the growing hemp industry (groan! Bad pun but it works!).

Here is how dumb the US policy is. The world-wide anti-doping agency (WADA), removed non-THC CBD oil from the banned substances list at the end of last year. Us Americans love our witch hunts!

edit on 23-2-2018 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: clarification and formatting

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I find it astonishing that the conservative republicans are for "states rights" except for cannabis...then they send in the Feds.

ktla.com...

VOTE THEM OUT IN 18teen.
edit on 23-2-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Well the big problem stems from the fact that cannabis grown for recreational use and cannabis grown for industrial use (hemp) are identical plants other than the THC content and some of the genetic structural characteristics

So it may seem that other states had put the cart before the horse by legalizing the recreational/psychotropic form of cannabis...it is imo the best first step.

Because with the question of recreational cannabis taken care of ....it should have completely relaxed any need for having regulations surrounding the cultivation of industrial cannabis .

The fact of the matter is there should not have to be regulation or oversight of anything to do with hemp except for the harvesting of it. if cameras or drones were utilized to check the fields and verify that the industrial hemp is still in the field and then to verify when it is harvested and where it is taken to and what is done with it.....that is all that "should" matter.

That is actually all that any concerned parties should be concerned about and that is something that could easily be done without imposing difficult/stringent guidelines and regulations on the cultivation of hemp.

edit on 23-2-2018 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy

I am very anxious to hear the results of your test of the CBD oil and the cannabis extract

Its a gray area.

see what I can see.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Hence I would love it to be GMO!

You could scan it for genetic tags so you would know if it is industrial.

I mean something super simple, like glow in the dark tags or something. Even better, the THC gene tagged so if try to alter it the whole molecule is messed up. Growers are known by reputation, so if they turn out crap they fail!

Still needs to be organic if meant for human consumption but GMO. How’s that for a conspiracy against big pharma and the whole Refer Madness crowd?! Turn the tables!

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You are right about that....there are a few legislators that are pushing for legalization on the national level (I have signed at least one if not several petitions to that affect ). If that happens which I believe is only a matter of time. Then hemp should be able to be planted with no encumbrances whatsoever.

This issue is so ludicrous to begin with. ... it's hard to wrap my mind around the fact that the American people are fighting for the right to plant a crop that was a cornerstone to the economy of our founding fathers. Talk about crazy !!

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Big Pharma must have scaled back on lobbyists to lose control.
edit on 24-2-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I would be very hesitant to try to improve (GMO) upon nature in this particular case ( hemp /cannabis ).

As I see it hemp sits as a Queen over the plant kingdom... and shoulders above her peers in regards to it's usefulness and for fulfilling such a broad range of life sustaining functions such as providing food and materials for housing,clothing and fuel.

Hemp is imo a manifestation of an immense and benevolent power for the good of mankind....but it has to be in a proper setting for that to happen.
edit on 24-2-2018 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2018 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I know, right. It is a perfect product on it’s own.

But my thoughts are since it has been forbidden to grow, why not use our knowledge to make real changes so everyone can tell the difference? Save even more time and money before the Man makes dumber rules.

My thoughts. As always, may be wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join