It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: I never said 'give teachers guns'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

God I hate to resort to such pettiness, but why are you so obsessed with Trump?
Were you like this with Obama and I just missed it? He tweeted some ideas, and asked some questions. He is trying to find a way to make some changes that matter with this topic. Sure he's still a liar and buffoon and orange, but Jesus, give the man a chance to screw up. Making stupid stuff up really just makes you look...well....stupid.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
ok so... "GIVE CONCEALED GUNS to adept TEACHERS"

Then,

"I NEVER SAID TO GIVE GUNS TO TEACHERS"

i wonder if i can use this tactic in any court of law...

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Yeah what difference at this point does it make is way more effective HRC is living proof of that. Members in this thread already pointed out that this wasn't what he said but hey who cares about the truth anymore. I swear earth got hit by a mass dumbing down ray. The irrational hatred for everything Trump does is becoming more and more dangerous. It's only a matter of time until someone snaps.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

i can use this tactic in any court of law

You can use this tactic in a court of law? That's not true.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Then,

courts will go against anyone taking words out of context to reverse their meaning.

context:

"I never said 'give teachers guns' like was stated on Fake News @CNN & @NBC. What I said was to look at the possibility of giving 'concealed guns to gun adept teachers with military or special training experience — only the best," Trump tweeted.

I just tell the truth. Its easy and it makes me against liars. Then I am against bias.

I live in liberal hippy ville, have very left leaning views and grew up with hippy parents. I disliked Trump since the 90s.

It takes integrity to argue for somone whos against many of your values.

Its paramount for a healthy aware mind.

edit on 22-2-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

so the 'possibility' of "giving guns to adept teachers" is different from the 'possibility' of "giving guns to teachers".

remarkable.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

How about if he said, "I never said just 'give teachers guns'", would you be happy then? Because that's the way I took it.
edit on 2 22 2018 by underpass61 because: puncuation

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
As usual, a barrel bottom scraping thread from Southern Guardian ladies and gents.

A tweet.

That's what this is all about.

Lets ignore that he actually sat down to discuss the issue. We're gonna focus on what he could and couldn't fit in 240 characters. You all hate that he tweets, but it sounds like you want him to tweet even more just to clarify his positions for you lot.
edit on 22-2-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

a reply to: Reverbs

so the 'possibility' of "giving guns to adept teachers" is different from the 'possibility' of "giving guns to teachers".

remarkable.

I would hold people accountable to quote me correctly. Especially in the case people are known to spin things I would make them quote me word for word..

all in one tweet hes saying "i didnt say this I said this other thing." you go look at what he originally said and hes right. so why did he tweet this newer tweet? Thats where you need more info and havnt found it. Im sure you can figure it out.. Hint: Trump tells you in his tweet where to look.

You might not be understanding whats happenning here. maybe look into it further. your avatar betrays you or you it.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
Both sides are incorrectly approaching this. What he did is more subtle.....

At first he insinuates that strapping the gun on a teacher is phase 1. Phase 2 would be then training said teachers to use the firearms before they actually come into class packing heat.

The clarification he is attempting is moving the goal post in a different direction. Now hes stating that the guns would go to those already trained.....

So in short. Theres no way to call him a liar on this. Even though he is in fact, backtracking and rephrasing.

I think you a reading whatever you feel you should see in his words. The bottom line is he feels the idea of a gun free zone is stupid, and so do I. To give teachers the option to carry is not a bad option. Now that would also mean training duh...

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
18 States allow gun carrying teachers

That is nothing to do with Trump, those were there since before 2013 if Im reading correctly.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

How about if he said, "I never said 'just give teachers guns'", would you be happy then? Because that's the way I took it.

im happy now.
i don't give 2 squirts of piss about people defending a man who has never said or done anything wrong.
that's Jesus territory...

he didn't say just give teachers guns, he said the possibility of giving adept teachers guns, as in giving teachers guns ultimately.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

you give many more than 2 squirts as evidenced in this thread.
why not pee on him directly and get it over with.

haha

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

you give many more than 2 squirts as evidenced in this thread.
why not pee on him directly and get it over with.

haha

Whoa, did you just go meta?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockhndr
Absolutely No issue with Teachers who CHOOSE to carry and become a part of the solution....BUT!!! In the same instant a shooter should ever come calling? There NEEDS to be a way to IDENTIFY the teacher to the armed patrols who arrive on scene....THIS is why a Security Team at the school would work better, they are easily identified compared to just a "teacher" roaming halls trying to take down a shooter as well....THAT is my concern...But I definitely agree that a well armed school, just like a well armed Militia, could become a basis deterrent to anyone looking for fame or glory in attempting a mass killing scenario...HOW do we identify a regular teacher with a concealed carry permit (in the heat of the moment) to arriving back up forces?? THAT is also KEY to keeping EVERYONE (ESPECIALLY the protecting teacher) not only safe....but ALIVE when all is said and done...

The Israelis have a red beret they put on when confronting a terrorist?

Cops wear badges on chains around their necks, I don't think it would be a real problem to have some identifying clothing or whatever in a armed situation, as long as everyone knows.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

i almost brought in jesus and turning the other cheek but i stopped myself. "thats jesus territory."

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Try it this way - "I never just said, 'give teachers guns.'" Implying he said much more than that. Which he did. Where's the controversy in that? The OP is trying to make this some callous "Let them eat cake" type comment that Trump is backtracking on, which is BS.

Oh, and I've been critical of Trump when called for, so your "2 squirts" can go up a rope.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Its what they've done since the beginning thats why I cant take it serious. They mischaracterize what he says so he defends himself on twitter to give further coxtext and if he changes his wording at all they call him a liar.

I remember during the campaign he would speak broadly on something that aired non-stop in the news all week and they would act like they didnt understand what he was referring too. The big news that week would literally be the context to his statement and they acted like he said it spontaneously for no reason.

It was mind boggling until I realized it was purpose built. I still dont think they realize what a large portion of people were swayed by this lunacy, not necessarily from the news organizations themselve but the reactions of people buying it.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

Then,

courts will go against anyone taking words out of context to reverse their meaning.

context:

"I never said 'give teachers guns' like was stated on Fake News @CNN & @NBC. What I said was to look at the possibility of giving 'concealed guns to gun adept teachers with military or special training experience — only the best," Trump tweeted.

I just tell the truth. Its easy and it makes me against liars. Then I am against bias.

I live in liberal hippy ville, have very left leaning views and grew up with hippy parents. I disliked Trump since the 90s.

It takes integrity to argue for somone whos against many of your values.

Its paramount for a healthy aware mind.

Great Post Reverbs. It takes something to defend someone you don't agree with.

As usual, S.G. does their tossing of the political hand grenade then walks away from the thread.

This ones pretty bad S.G., you contradict yourself in your own opening post AND give the exact quote from the President to prove you did it.

Bravo.....

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   

As usual, a barrel bottom scraping

Oh lord hearing that from you just kills me. It does.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join