It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: I never said 'give teachers guns'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I believe it was Niccolo Machiavelli who said "a prudent ruler cannot and must not honor his word."

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I can probably figure out which five ATSers flagged this thread...

OP, time to go figure out some reading comprehension.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
So training is irrelevant to you? Just a throw away concept to Southern Guardian? Got it...

Anybody ask a teacher? Swat team cometh, teacher.... with gun...dead teacher.

You give no intelligence credit to teacher or swat.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
MSM hit-pieces and whiney deceptive threads like this are how I came to support President Trump as imperfect as he is.

I would be outraged and ready to believe the smear, but when I did due diligence and researched, the lies and pitiful spin became obvious.

Talk about liars...

edit on 22-2-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Absolutely No issue with Teachers who CHOOSE to carry and become a part of the solution....BUT!!! In the same instant a shooter should ever come calling? There NEEDS to be a way to IDENTIFY the teacher to the armed patrols who arrive on scene....THIS is why a Security Team at the school would work better, they are easily identified compared to just a "teacher" roaming halls trying to take down a shooter as well....THAT is my concern...But I definitely agree that a well armed school, just like a well armed Militia, could become a basis deterrent to anyone looking for fame or glory in attempting a mass killing scenario...HOW do we identify a regular teacher with a concealed carry permit (in the heat of the moment) to arriving back up forces?? THAT is also KEY to keeping EVERYONE (ESPECIALLY the protecting teacher) not only safe....but ALIVE when all is said and done...

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

"I never said 'give teachers guns' like was stated on Fake News @CNN & @NBC. What I said was to look at the possibility of giving 'concealed guns to gun adept teachers with military or special training experience — only the best," Trump tweeted.

Definitely OP worthy!

Snappy headline fo sho!!!

As long as thats all they remember, right? Studies do show. Any type of propagandist worth their salt understands this about humans.

edit on 22-2-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

But if you watched the discussion the one dad suggested it and he really did reply (paraphrasing) "concealed guns to gun adept teachers, we would give them training...."

Personally I think it's a terrible idea to give guns to teachers especially overworked and underpaid ones which is basically all of them.
But I also don't get why it shouldn't be possible to make schools closed ground with gate security and a metal detector at the main entrance.

the next town over from mine is crazy with gangs and guns. a few years ago 13 people died in like 5 days? most of the schools over there have metal detectors. I cant tell you how many people accidentally had guns on them and walked through.

outside near my house the college crowd is protesting to demand government do something. Quite honestly one of the leaders said "I don't know what needs to be done, but something."

I dont either, but around here metal detectors don't work. Not worthless, but not THE only answer.

what are cops? they are societies best idea on keeping people safe.

Outsiders to society are dangerous. people not socialized throughout childhood or parents neglect.
I think we must do much better on psychology. All the way up to social psychology of a generation lost, of a society that feels robbed by government, of a species with amnesia.

also Im all for age limits and tougher controls..

Sometimes I wonder if we will ever settle this. I think no, we will not.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

"I never said 'give teachers guns' like was stated on Fake News @CNN & @NBC. What I said was to look at the possibility of giving 'concealed guns to gun adept teachers with military or special training experience — only the best," Trump tweeted.

He can only be lying in this situation if in fact those news organizations didn't happen to portray his statement in that light.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
Outsiders to society are dangerous. people not socialized throughout childhood or parents neglect.
I think we must do much better on psychology. All the way up to social psychology of a generation lost, of a society that feels robbed by government, of a species with amnesia.

Yep.

I've been arguing forever that they ought to be teaching it as a class down to at least middle school, that it could actually be wielded in a way to make school more inspiring even. Of course, teachers now, getting their minds in such a game in a 'ideal' way well could be like trying to change the cancer industry when the oncologists etc are all a pack of sociopaths hardwired by the FDA + Big Pharm Model thinking.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
(Please never mind the fact that the SWAT team announces their presence and generally orders everyone to drop and put their hands out over their heads and any armed teacher defending students in that scenario would almost certainly not decide that it made for a good time to practice #BLM level idiocy like being beligerant with a cop simply for the sake of street cred.)

Even if that did become a problem a simple uniform for armed teachers would be easy to arrange.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The only thing "flip-flopping" is the mental gymnastics required to create this thread.

I am now thoroughly convinced that these people only make these daily hate-induced threads so other like-minded people can echo their sentiments -- making them all feel better about themselves and their addiction.

This thread is sad and OP should feel bad.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

This thread is sad and OP should feel bad.

Here you go, I use it sparingly.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
MSM hit-pieces and whiney deceptive threads like this are how I came to support President Trump as imperfect as he is.

I would be outraged and ready to believe the smear, but when I did due diligence and researched, the lies and pitiful spin became obvious.

Talk about liars...

same for me.
Im not a Trump supporter, but I sure sound like one to a lot of people.

Media dishonesty is off the chain. Trump is showing that, and thats no small value to me.

they train you with short attention spans using titles as cliff notes. Sometimes the body of the article has zero to do with the title, and you still come away with the title as the bullet point you remember.

Fake news is all the rage.
patience is a true masterclass in reading or viewing comprehension. Stop brain jumping. The truth is in the data/methods/sources.. thats the river. The devil pointed to the bridge to skip right over and you feel so pleased with yourself knowing without having to think.

and so you know nothing .

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I've been saying this a lot lately, so thank you Cowboy!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

It is and has been the "norm" in politics since our country began. Politicians say what they say to get re-elected and to continue the money from lobbyist, super-packs, and constituents.

I honestly can not recall a single President or Congressman not shading the truth at least once, usually multiple times.

Nothing new and changes nothing but confirms the man is a politician however, he Is certainly a different breed, I like that he is not afraid to speak His mind, and never minded when someone changes their mind, a mark of learning as far as I am concerened.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Obviously gangs are a huge problem and still nobody does what is necessary to root out this problem once and for all. Just give them time to surrender peacefully or face the consequences. This moral BS is always used to protect criminals who are proud to be called criminals. Why should they deserve any protection at all? If someone thinks killing innocent people for some kind of initiation ritual is fine well i'm sure someone got 6 little friends and they are all much faster than you. Some solutions are so easy but no gang bangers are just misunderstood and had harsh childhoods. Cry me a river with this BS. Wipe them all out and use any means to seize all illegal assets and pump it back into the places they ruined to rebuild. There problem solved. Seriously gang bangers don't deserve to live.

edit on 22-2-2018 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

If you're training them before they go into a classroom how is the previous phase strapping guns to them? Maybe you could use a flip flop.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You misrepresent what he says, and then you blame him for it. It didn't work during the election; it won't work now. But it must be tiring living life entirely in bad faith.
edit on 22-2-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Talk about liars...

You speak my mind.

Although i wouldn't say I support Trump.
I will defend anyone against a pack of liars and libelers.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Agreed.

I believe this is what we call "A Stretch"

They can't help themselves, all those years of watching CNN is finally paying off....

<< 1    3  4 >>

join