It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the left hates individual preparedness/rights

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
OP. It's a mental illness, it's a simple phobia. The thought of anyone, not having any use for them, is terrifying to them.
Instead of being reasonable, educated, wise, adults and accepting the standard that fear is NOT what the average ADULTS are basing their lives on.
They need to cause, or make victims or questionable situations. All of which could be handled without them. If they'd stop working against the sane people of civilized society.
But they can not do that now. If they give in now? They'd fail their own "backround check" as, ... "To unstable for freedom".

edit on 22-2-2018 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: JBurns

Meaningless hyperbole.

I was going to prepare a nice point by point response...but you covered it much more succinctly. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Oddly enough more people live off the grid in liberal states or mixed libertarian liberal states.
edit on 22-2-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot
For one thing, there is no "comparable country", this is America. We make countries!
I'm sure every "comparable" country has a law against murder. .. So what are you "comparing" the USA to?
That said. This last "school shooter", this Cruz punk, "plead guilty", to his crime/crimes. Are we waiting for a "trial"? He already said "I did it". Why haven't we seen his neck in a rope yet? Why even have a trial? He already said "I did it". Oh no! Violence is wrong!
A "gun" did it! U F'n fools. No! An idiot did it! Thank God he didn't know the "tactical" use of a spork.

I'll tell you why. Because the crime doesn't fit the agenda just yet.
We have to "legally" milk this tragedy for all it is worth.
Like Cruz didn't know killing kids was wrong?

In America, a 100 years ago. This dirt bag would've had his neck stretched by now. A hundred years ago, this dirt bag most likely would've had a second thought about, the idea.

It not the "gun" that caused him to do it.
It's our modern cowards, that made him a coward, that made him do it!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It is all relevant.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
Oddly enough more people live off the grid in liberal states or mixed libertarian liberal states.

In California, it's called being homeless, not living off the grid.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns
UHHHH no, Please let the record state that one mans crazy views on a political party is not representative of everyone in said party. AS IN STOP LUMPING EVERYONE THAT IS LEFT INTO THE SAME BOAT YOU BUTT

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

to be fair ( I know you will ignore it because that's what happens when people dig into statistics) we have more gun owners than some of those "perfect" European countries.

That does tend to slew the numbers a touch.

Why would I ignore that?

That is the point, easy access to guns is a at least partly the reason for the higher murder rate.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
For one thing, there is no "comparable country", this is America. We make countries!
I'm sure every "comparable" country has a law against murder. .. So what are you "comparing" the USA to?
That said. This last "school shooter", this Cruz punk, "plead guilty", to his crime/crimes. Are we waiting for a "trial"? He already said "I did it". Why haven't we seen his neck in a rope yet? Why even have a trial? He already said "I did it". Oh no! Violence is wrong!
A "gun" did it! U F'n fools. No! An idiot did it! Thank God he didn't know the "tactical" use of a spork.

In America, a 100 years ago. This dirt bag would've had his neck stretched by now. A hundred years ago, this dirt bag most likely would've had a second thought about, the idea.

Comparable in economic and social terms.

America has looser gun restrictions than any comparable country and more murder per capita.

The easy access to guns isn't the sole reason, but it is a major reason.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The Army trained me well and I was proud to serve. I own three safes with plenty of guns as I'm a collector also. I believe in our Constitution rights as all Americans should. I hunt every chance I have. I have my own pistol range on my property. We stock dehydrated, canned foods, and MREs. I have water filtration kits and had a well dug on my property a few years back.

Am I a right wing nut or paranoid? I don't think so. I simply took what I learned during my time in the military and that is to hope for the best but prepare for the worst. Bad things inevitably happen but I sleep better knowing I've taken steps to insure my family will be cared for in times of crisis. I feel that is our first duty as a parents to provide safety for them.

Of course guns are dangerous and I won't deny that. Their sole purpose is to kill and they are built to do so but disarming responsible owners won't solve anything when criminals don't abide by laws now. Take gang violence in Chicago for example. Yes, these school shooting are horrific but we should focus on the root cause behind these acts instead of the weapon of choice.

The fact of the matter is that if you want to stop these mass shootings at school you find out what the hell is wrong with the kids and fix that. If you want to see more shootings then all you have to do is attempt to seize firearms from the millions of Americans like myself that won't give up their rights for a false claim that it's for the good of the people. I'll take care of me and mine and you deal with you and yours. That's what life and liberty are all about.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew

It seemed pretty clear what the statement was.

Poster claims that the Democratic platform has a repeating history of seeing a non issue in policy or society. Once this non issue is realized, they will paint a picture that something explosive is going on to the detriment of society, leading to pointless legislation. This legislation, then creates a problem (often foreseen), which will then lead to a predetermined solution. (There is a link explaining the Hegelian dialectic, in a certain scenario as example, below). All of this, subsequently leads to an additional erosion of liberties and rights, as well as a new influx of victims reaching to the Democratic platform for saving them.

There are plenty of points to be refuted. Simply replying and saying everything was meaningless drivel with vomit inducing American Exceptionalism...... Would be the definition of meaningless drivel.

Congratulations for repackaging the drivel but sadly it still remains drivel. If you think having the highest murder rate and most mass shootings of any comparable country is a non issue then you really need to re-examine your priorities.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Just because you don't agree with a statement doesn't make it any less true, nor does labeling it as such make it any less apparent. That's like the equivalent of calling someone a bigot because you don't have a follow up argument.

We have high murder rates due to guns, yes. Excluding suicide that would be done regardless, excluding justifiable police shootings against dangerous suspects, we are left with about 5,000 firearm murders per year.

Also, between the years of 2009 and 2015 we were ranked #12 in mass shootings, behind countries such as Belgium, Austria, and France.

We could through out other fun facts, such as that :

We have a much lower violent crime rate than other comparable countries.

Our school shooting rate has increased 4 fold since the gun free some act of 1990 was passed.

98% of all mass shootings happening in gun free zones, whether they be federally or local/state mandated.

Studies done during previous administrations have shown that private firearm ownership prevents roughly 2.5 million vuolent crimes per year, be it via stopping the individual, firing warning shots, and sometimes simply by brandishing the firearm.

Your accusations of drivel are drivel in themselves. If you really think none of the above means anything, that we should willfully allow sitting ducks in classrooms because a party platform says it's in our best interest, then you need to reevaluate your thinking process.

History shows that disarming law abiding citizens leads to higher rates of crime. Having gun free zones leads to criminals having open targets with zero chance to defend themselves, thanks to policy. Then, these same idiot politicians that voted for this policy decide we need MORE policy, and the cycle continues.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

it was their "gun free" anti-gun laws that caused these issues in the first place

This is so stupid, it derails your whole post.

Adults shoot their workplaces, and kids shoot their schools because that's what they know, and where they have grievances.

If you want to find a real cause of shootings it's probably because capitalism has made most peoples' lives living hell.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I'd like to be able to build a tank with 139mm cannon to shoot at a pile of pumpkins for $hits and giggles, use C4 to blast a hole in my property to make a pond to stock with bass, I'd like to do alot of unorthodox things that I can do that doesn't harm or effect anyone, but there's always gonna be some a$$hole or law that says I can't because they know what's best for me or thought police to say the court of public opinion blah blah blah. Life is actions and consequences. That said, I'll do what I want, regardless. The rest who disagree,,,, I'm out of toilet paper so if you would be so kind,,,,be caring to your fellow man and lick my A$$

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: HarumphHarumph
What is your point? Reading your post was funny but didn’t really explain much of your view at the topic of discussion. But don’t worry I have a simple question for you. I am a Democrat, do you think I want your guns?

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I don't care or mind what your political stance is. My point is, there's a whole world of options and possibilities, and you can do things, extraordinary things without harming others yet there's always someone who wants to say don't do that because it doesn't interest them or they want to impose upon you. I was being satyrical. All in all, my main message speaks true. There's always going to be someone who will find a way to harm someone, even if they stab someone with a plastic spork in the neck at KFC. There's going to be people who want to do things with resources that seem extreme that harm no one. In between are lawyers and megalomaniacs who wish to control every individuals thoughts and behavior with laws, some mode of guilt or Shane, what ever took is at their disposal. For what reason? Ego? Fame? Control? IDC. Either way. One thing law and any control minded idiot will never understand is life to anyone who wishes harm on others is actions and consequences and no opinion, law or guilt will change their mode.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Murder "per capita". Murder by what? "Per Capita"? Murder, is murder! Guns are not a reason, anymore than being choked to death by a good necktie.
What easy access? Tell me, how easy it is to get a "legal" "gun" in The USA?
Anything else, is "illegal".
So are you speaking from experience? Or are you just parroting what you have heard?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo
Germany is roughly 1/4 of the population of the U.S., if Germany was as large there would be 1500 murders at the same ratio. According to these murder statistics there were 4250 murders in the U.S. in 2014 with a weapon other than a gun, about 30% of murders. The U.S. has a higher murder rate, period. Most killers use guns because it's the easiest method, but the murder rate in the U.S. isn't directly correlated to gun ownership. Considering there's a gun per person in the U.S. and the way liberal news loves to broadcast gun crimes it seems they're used 98% of the time, but it's not really like that here.

Most gun murders are breaking a hundred other laws already before they kill somebody.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22

The "Wussification" of the US by liberals (foreign and domestic) is still this countries greatest fight.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   

"They would rather everybody become a VICTIM that has to be rescued by the government."

Really? You start off with this?

Its more "liberals" would rather their tax money help people in need. I know thats is a sore subject for "libertarians" or Republicans or "totally not a politics person I just repeat the main talking points of the right" people.

As for the subject of Guns. Check out any number of western style countries that have much more restricted gun ownership. Gun laws obviously work when done properly and not actively sabotaged by a political power that has more to gain from Lobbyist then helping its citizens.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join