It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the left hates individual preparedness/rights

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Who gives a snip.

In this country we have the Bill of Rights, and the 14th amendment.

And more school shootings and the worse homicide rate of any comparable country.

Maybe the lack of giving a snip is the problem.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

What are you talking about ?

We have laws against that ?

National Firearms Act, Gun Control Act, Firearm Owners Act Protection Act, Gun Free Zone Act, Florida had the 10-20-Life law, as well as every state in the union has laws against murdering someone.

So I have no idea what your going on about.

That are in clear violation of the second through 10th amendments, and the 14th amendment.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;

nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

www.law.cornell.edu...

Clearly the usual suspects don't like freedom or that GD piece of paper since everything they have done for the last 75 years has been ILLEGAL from the get go.

With the exception save one.

Murder was made illegal.

Anything after the action is utter BULL SNIP.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Who gives a snip.

And more school shootings and the worse homicide rate of any comparable country.

Isn't it funny how conservatives claim to be biggest patriots but when it comes to helping their fellow countrymen they are the biggest egoistic butth0les?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

What are you talking about ?

We have laws against that ?

National Firearms Act, Gun Control Act, Firearm Owners Act Protection Act, Gun Free Zone Act, Florida had the 10-20-Life law, as well as every state in the union has laws against murdering someone.

So I have no idea what your going on about.

That are in clear violation of the second through 10th amendments, and the 14th amendment.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;

nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

www.law.cornell.edu...

Clearly the usual suspects don't like freedom or that GD piece of paper since everything they have done for the last 75 years has been ILLEGAL from the get go.

With the exception save one.

Murder was made illegal.

Anything after the action is utter BULL SNIP.

And pretty clearly your current laws aren't working. Maybe you should try giving a snip and see what the US can learn from other countries.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

i feel free as well, and i'm german. murders 2016 in germany: 373. and we are 80 millions. we have freedom of speech too, we dont have to pay for health care, we are way better in soccer, and most of us dont like guns (except in videogames). greets from munich.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Who gives a snip.

Isn't it funny how conservatives claim to be biggest patriots but when it comes to helping their fellow countrymen they are the biggest egoistic butth0les?

What part of this was confusing?

Maybe the egotistical # are those that REFUSE to read their own laws.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

And pretty clearly your current laws aren't working. Maybe you should try giving a snip and see what the US can learn from other countries.

Says who?

99.99% don't go around murdering someone else.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Making people dependent on the government by all sorts of means and deception is not a new thing. The Liberal democrats are using this policy quite readily. The people lose out because of this action eventually, this was taken to extremes throughout US history, centalizing food and calling this factory farming safer, and deceiving people to believe that what you grow at home is not as good as what is found in the stores. There is no doubt in my mind that these people want complete control over us, making sure we cannot fight them with weapons. They want all the control over weapons and also all guns so we can not shoot our own food. These people want big restrictions on us fishing too, because us being self sufficient is not in their best interest.

This practice is not just American, it is world wide.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Says who?

99.99% don't go around murdering someone else.

Just more people than in any comparable country.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

A society where everyone needs to own a gun to feel safe ?! A society where armed guards protect schools ?! What kind of bs freedom are you talking about when even your freaking schools need armed guards?

I own a gun because I hunt, I own multiple guns because I enjoy shooting, safety is pretty much at the bottom of the list for why I own guns.

Why do banks need guards, why do politicians need guards, why do factories need guards, why do many corner stores have guards at night.

because there is a threat or risk and an armed guard on hand may stop or mitigate the damage from said threat.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

to be fair ( I know you will ignore it because that's what happens when people dig into statistics) we have more gun owners than some of those "perfect" European countries.

That does tend to slew the numbers a touch.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

A society where everyone needs to own a gun to feel safe ?! A society where armed guards protect schools ?! What kind of bs freedom are you talking about when even your freaking schools need armed guards?

I own a gun because I hunt, I own multiple guns because I enjoy shooting, safety is pretty much at the bottom of the list for why I own guns.

Why do banks need guards, why do politicians need guards, why do factories need guards, why do many corner stores have guards at night.

because there is a threat or risk and an armed guard on hand may stop or mitigate the damage from said threat.

The question is why do banks, factories and corner stores in US need to be guarded by armed guards?!
Why are Americans talking about arming school teachers?! Why is it so different in the rest of industrialized world compared to the USA?
People hunt in Europe too, however there are no armed guards in every business and public institution. Why?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
One thing that nobody has mentioned, the school security officer was one of the victims. The UNARMED school security officer.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

It seemed pretty clear what the statement was.

Poster claims that the Democratic platform has a repeating history of seeing a non issue in policy or society. Once this non issue is realized, they will paint a picture that something explosive is going on to the detriment of society, leading to pointless legislation. This legislation, then creates a problem (often foreseen), which will then lead to a predetermined solution. (There is a link explaining the Hegelian dialectic, in a certain scenario as example, below). All of this, subsequently leads to an additional erosion of liberties and rights, as well as a new influx of victims reaching to the Democratic platform for saving them.

There are plenty of points to be refuted. Simply replying and saying everything was meaningless drivel with vomit inducing American Exceptionalism...... Would be the definition of meaningless drivel.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
that term freedom isn't free is something many left leaning people don't seem to grasp, true freedom is dangerous because it is a way of life based on trusting people to act in the best interests of themselves and everyone else, it's a way of life that's slow to adapt because it seeks to find other solutions to problems until something works instead of knee jerk reactionary solutions that puts priority of a response ahead of reason and individuality.

maybe we aren't as safe as other western nations but people act like we aren't trying to fix our problems and declaring something wrong with our response just because we won't rush to a quick solution that will fix things asap, because our government on every level(city, county, state, federal) is properly deliberating before making decisions like it's supposed to.

this kind of behavior shows how little people understand our system, both americans themselves and especially non-americans, our country is based on limiting abuse of power, preserving individual liberty, deliberation on all things, obeying laws to preserve order, and rationality.

safety is a personal responsibility just like keeping up your own health and many other things, the job of government is to figure out solutions to better enable people to fulfill their own responsibilities without crossing those lines mentioned above.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I just want to try and understand your point of view. I can place the distrust towards the government and big business. I can understand your fear for potentially losing your fire arms.
What I don't understand is why you seem to think that having your personal fire arms is going to stop aforementioned from doing *anything* they like. What haven't they already done that you could've stopped with your gun?

Seriously, you are woefully underestimating your enemies. Keep clutching while they take over

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I don't normally listen to Howard Stern but I occasionally look to see what Beck is going on about. Now it a Blaze/Beck article from 2016-06-16 about his show where he (Stern) mocked the gun control shtick and sort of defends right to own guns in his own special way, blue language included. basic highlights are listed in article for those that don't want to listen. Seems to still apply to this circus too.

Howard Stern Dismantles Calls for Gun Control After Orlando Attack With Chilling ‘Sheep’ and ‘Wolves’ Analogy

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

It takes a village, ya?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I don't know man its a lot easier to be off the grid in Vermont than many conservative states...we don't even have cary laws.

Some red states won't let you disconnect from power at all or have composting toilets.

Leave us bleeding heart libertarians out of it.

Ps I can even get raw milk and reuse bottles at the coop..
edit on 22-2-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Some ideologies don't appreciate freedom.

Freedom is hard. It means taking responsibility for yourself which is icky.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join