It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputize Teachers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

your suggestion makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over

it is not plausible in the world we live in.

the problem starts with violence in movies and games then extends to those disenfranchised by the system and that is exacerbated by a thrill one gets down their leg when holding a military weapon or military style weapon. it is a mindset problem when one can match the hate in their heart with fire power.

as far as the root of the problem i do not see a way to change the domestication of animals and still feed humans

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

the problem starts with violence in movies and games

No it doesn’t. Billions of people have existed and consumed violent media and have never harmed anyone and billions more who existed long before that violent media that did.

The “satanic panic” wrong targeted music and Dungeons & Dragons and so too here, are you.

People broken and disenfranchised may seek out violent media, violent media doesn’t turn people into sociopaths.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
How bout we just end public school and just teach kids at home?

Two birds one stone.

Internet Schools!

There are a number of issues that would have to be overcome, including, as someone mentioned, proper socialization of the students, but I see absolutely no reason why online schooling can't be an option for parents willing and able to commit to it.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
lets hope they do not teach anymore crisis actors lmfao

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Except every study done on the subject says that you're wrong.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

No it doesn’t. Billions of people have existed and consumed violent media and have never harmed anyone and billions more who existed long before that violent media that did.

The “satanic panic” wrong targeted music and Dungeons & Dragons and so too here, are you.

People broken and disenfranchised may seek out violent media, violent media doesn’t turn people into sociopaths.

yes it does
it is not a factor standing on its own but it is a factor that allows a path for hatred to be carried out in a physical way.

i think the point you make is that violent media does not turn everyone into something terrible but it does turn some over the edge and fuels a hate that takes over.

if you dabble in shat you are bound to get it on you.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
These are the same teachers who are caught having sex with their students or otherwise being idiots?

I grew up around teachers. Most of them are teachers because they failed at what they really wanted to do. The last thing they need are guns.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Except every study done on the subject says that you're wrong.

you sure bout that.

it does not sound like a valid fact as you present it

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I can understand the effort to defend as the Angels must have larger claws and teeth then the demons...
It may be safer to seek out current or even retired military personnel who have experience with guns and gun conflict from field experience. To help prevent overreaction from someone who just may be trained but under pressure from a actual stand off conflict may buckle or not keep focus on the threat target or targets.

All protecting personnel will have monthly psychological evaluations to scan-check for psychological instability. Then give them a onsite location where they can sit watch and respond if needed before first responders reach the site.
This keeps pressure off of the teachers and keeps the protection of the soft targets in the hands of individuals used to dealing with guns in gun conflicts. Preventing accidental harm to the protected and keeping updated psychological information on the protectors.

edit on 2/22/18 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

great points

the problem is government overreach
they will abuse and fundamentally transform school systems with such federal laws in place
imo use retired persons... on local level
no new laws to get them in schools just deputize on local level if needed
we already have the legal ability for schools to do this individually
what stops them?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The students seldom if ever would see the personnel, maybe entering or exiting the guard office or building after a work day or if they go out for lunch and not order in.
Otherwise their presence would be apparition like to school grounds. In turn helping to keep school atmosphere feeling like school for students.
Good luck

link   

yes it does
it is not a factor standing on its own but it is a factor that allows a path for hatred to be carried out in a physical way.

i think the point you make is that violent media does not turn everyone into something terrible but it does turn some over the edge and fuels a hate that takes over.

if you dabble in shat you are bound to get it on you.

Violent media is no more itself the problem than guns are.
You have to already be broken, or have no moderating influence and an overconsumption, and even then, it may desensitize, but won’t create monsters.

link   

originally posted by: neo96
How bout we just end public school and just teach kids at home?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

yep i disagree on that one too

you in a way suggest as if media does not influence a person

as if conditional programming is not real

as if the mentality offered by assault weapons and look alikes do not condition or influence

desensitization is real

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

as if the mentality offered by assault weapons and look alikes do not condition or influence

desensitization is real

Desensitization is real; desensitization doesn’t make killers. Holding a weapon or watching a movie doesn’t make killers. The psychology behind these people is complex and doesn’t start with “watched a violent movie when they were young”, if that were true we’d all have popped by now.

What about that concept is difficult?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

desensitization is real

Desensitization is real; desensitization doesn’t make killers. Holding a weapon or watching a movie doesn’t make killers. The psychology behind these people is complex and doesn’t start with “watched a violent movie when they were young”, if that were true we’d all have popped by now.

see now we are in agreement
you have changed your output on the subject since your first post

may not always start with media but it certainly plays a large part and is not helpful to a society as a whole

there are limits that we can handle as a society

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

desensitization is real

see now we are in agreement
you have changed your output on the subject since your first post

may not always start with media but it certainly plays a large part and is not helpful to a society as a whole

there are limits that we can handle as a society

I haven’t; you seem to be misinterpreting me, and deeply overvaluing violent media’s effect on people.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

desensitization doesn’t make killers

would you stake your life on that???????

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

desensitization doesn’t make killers

would you stake your life on that???????

If you’re going to threaten to censor violent media, yeah; you’re #ing right I will. It takes so much more than violent media to make a killer; and killers existed long before media, you cannot sit here and claim it’s a major causal factor.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

The military spends thousands of hours and millions of dollars conditioning soldiers to kill. If all it took was some time on Call of Duty the defense budget would be much smaller.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join