It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long have you been on ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Genfinity

I will be here 9 years this coming July!

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
14 years. After all this time there's a sense of ownership. Time and energy put in.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I think it's been.....what....twelve years?

My how the time flies.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
ATS is a lurker's paradise. The only thing missing nowadays is the ability to post anonymously (ETA: AND THE ADS! Yes, all caps on that one!). Others have already said it, but I miss that feature too (as well as some others, like being able to remove entire forums from the Recent feed). It undoubtedly had its issues, but what doesn't?

Anyway, been here about a decade. Hard to keep track without an actual date. Found it right around when I started to get sick, looking up strange, anomalous health conditions.
edit on 23-2-2018 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Did you find a cure then?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Sadly, no. Not even answers, though some of the problems are very, very consistent with extended time in the vacuum of space. Not connected, probably (
) , but interesting all the same.

It'll be a slow, horrible death for me. Can't do anything about it though, so.. *shrug*

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Cancer?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Negative, don't want to go too far off topic, but..

Its a metabolic bone disorder that, essentially, means my bones don't repair properly and have low density. None of the known diagnoses apply, for one reason or another. If I break a bone, it doesn't heal, it just slowly keeps breaking.

I'm up to 8 fractured vertabrae (t2-t9), which is the major issue day-to-day, but have others too. Interestingly, the hip replacement DID heal. Odd, but definitely good.

My research started with typical medicine and eventually branched out into just general medical conspiracies. I was always "conspiracy minded" anyway, so it wasn't exactly a huge jump

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Ouch.

Reminds me of that "glass bone" mutation. en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'll have to see after I post this...lol.

EDIT: OK, wow....16 years.

I keep coming back because it's a great place to find people who really dig behind the headlines.

And, just when I think I consider myself an expert on something, someone like Phage can always bring me down to Earth. (he's not the only one, but one who comes readily to mind, lol).

And the reasons change.

Used to be all of the UFO research, a subject I was deep into. However, with little in the way of new info, and with less free time to research, moved on to other things.

Now, for instance, there are a lot of knowledgeable guys here on cryptocurrency, so I've been learning a lot from these members. I still lose money at it, but hey, who knows what time will bring.
edit on 23-2-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

There are absolutely similarities.

The biggest difference between my situation, and many bone disorders, is that its a deteriorating condition. There are also no visible signs that anything is off, other than signs of pain. Of course, internal imaging paints a much different picture.. That disparity lead to so many problems! When doctors started saying things like "I don't believe the MRI, because if it were true, you should be crippled with pain," my search eventually brought me here! My disability lawyer was the first one to even read the reports. This sort of behavior is *disturbingly* widespread in the medical community, especially in younger patients. In their eyes I was nothing more than a drug seeker and no evidence in the world would change that assessment.

Eventually, my bones wont be able to play their part in the system and will likely begin breaking under the force of my own muscles. Probably wont last too much beyond that, realistically.

My only "regret" is that I wish it all started when I was older. But, its not like that was under my control.

One plus is that it did bring me here though. I don't like everything about ATS, but the parts I do enjoy are brilliant and splendid.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Sorry to hear that, don’t give up on looking for that cure though.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Since Nov. 2005 as a member, nearly day one as a lurker.

It's been a trip.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Oh, yeah.

13 years, and counting--man, it's kinda strange typing that. It certainly doesn't seem that long.

Many times, it's seemed like a home away from home. People I like, people I don't like (not as many as you might think...).

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join