It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hijacking a movement

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Semantics, the last stand of a ridiculous argument.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Semantics, the last stand of a ridiculous argument.

Semantics is making a singular traumatic event measure up to years of adult life experience doing things like paying bills, running a household, receiving an education in things beyond k-12.

That event is a life experience...but its only 1 out of thousands that they will have. It defines them today. It may not define them when they are 28. Because they have no real life experience.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

pretty sure this one life experience has completely changed these kids forever. I can't even imagine the terror. and, the parents, jesus. at what age will their opinion be allowed, when they turn 21.

those multiple kids who were molested by that jackass coach who got up and spoke - the courage they had was amazing! was that just a life experience, as well? should have stayed home and played with tide pods?

i'm having a hard time understanding why these kids who've been through something like this shouldn't have a voice.

they're not the ones who are actually implementing policy, ffs. but, they are the ones being terrorized.
edit on 22-2-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

pretty sure this one life experience has completely changed these kids forever. I can't even imagine the terror. and, the parents, jesus. at what age will their opinion be allowed, when they turn 21.

I don't recall saying their opinions weren't allowed. I recall saying that they should not dictate the national discussion. Participate? Sure. Of course. Lead? Lord no.

Ill ignore the rest of your post as the above statement addresses it as well.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
Well here's a nice solution for you. Every school build a bloody big wall around it. One way in, the same way out. Everyone, including adults, gets searched on the way in, when all in, lock down so nobody can get in.
As for all on here who are going on about kids dictating anything, how about letting them vote and decide the next president.
For gods sake, kids are kids. The may have been traumatised, they may have been scarred for life, but that is no reason to give them any power. If you believe that they are that mature and informed write to your congressman to get them the right to vote.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

That event is a life experience...but its only 1 out of thousands that they will have. It defines them today. It may not define them when they are 28. Because they have no real life experience.

And thanks to the Affordable Shaft Act.

Stay on their mommy and daddies insurance up the age 25.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

You say that, almost in jest, but I think the idea has merit. If the goal is to save kids, and I am under the impression that it is, then there should be no way anyone who doesn't belong, could enter the grounds, with, or without a weapon. Full stop.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

FWIW, i appreciate being able to have my kids on my insurance until they are 25. I'd have to loan them money for the doctor otherwise. LOL.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

What you do is your business.

But for the sake of the topic.

It's not treating them like adults, and usual suspects are saying the can make adult decisions that affect my freedom.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Well, I don't know what to tell you ND. I'm sure it's maddening for the far right. No one is more critical of the media than Trump, yet Trump is not discounting what the kids of Parkland are saying. In fact, he's embracing it, not attributing it to his arch-nemisis.

I get that's probably causing some cognitive dissonance on ATS this week. No worries though gun-clingers, he's most likely to flip-flop and screw it up just like he did with healthcare, immigration, etc. It's what he does. Bigly.

You likely haven't been following my posts on this, but I invite you to check into it. I'm not parroting any right wing points, and I'm not against the kids or their message. Hell, I want nothing more than for them to gain traction on this and find some way to make SOMETHING happen. If we don't change something, nothing will change. But on the same hand, I don't want meaningless changes, or just agenda driven changes. Or playacting changes. I want kids to not get killed.

I think guns are a very small part of the problem, and I firmly believe that what makes a kid want to pick one up and kill his classmates is a HUGE part of the problem. Why isn't that at the front of this discussion?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The first part about the wall was not in jest, the rest, well meh.
Think about Airports, they have high wire fences around them and for people to get Airside they have to go through security procedures. Is that to stop people who haven't paid getting on a plane? Is it to stop nasty people getting to the planes and planting bombs? Is it to safeguard the paying passengers? Or some other selfish reason.
Now children, to me, are more important than all those reasons, so why not better security procedures?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I am open to any ideas that will save lives. But the fact that any idea that involves something other than removing weapons or gun rights seem to be shelved from discussion isn't going to help this narrative at all.

What's getting stuck in your craw is that it is the youngsters who have the correct narrative, and that daddy may not just be so right at all.
There is absolutely no need for military WMD weapons to be in the hands of non military citizens. Pepole running around the streets with machine guns is totally fecked-up logic, the idea of actually using them even crazier, but to want to talk about some 'alternative' that includes everybody keeping their arsenals, is just plain Cukcoo.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't recall saying their opinions weren't allowed. I recall saying that they should not dictate the national discussion. Participate? Sure. Of course. Lead? Lord no.

What national discussion...it wasn't much of an affair...2nd amendment okay....everybody shut up...end of.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

What national discussion...it wasn't much of an affair...2nd amendment okay....everybody shut up...end of.

Not sure if it helps....but ya botched the quote feature.

edit on 2/22/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

when I think of the definition of insanity, and I watch this debate, I am reminded of how easily people are led.

But think of the children! the chilDREN! the CHILDREN! THE CHILDREN!!

Why do you hate children?

Give them what they want ... or do you HATE CHILDREN?

See what happens when we teach parents to not say no to their kids?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I've been observing this in the US for at least the last 20 years, I couldn't agree more. Absolutely spot on.

and their (the deep state) weapons of choice are propaganda and the education system because they know that an all-out grab won't work like it did in Australia - they know this because the US has a 2nd Amendment and this needs eliminating by any and all means necessary.

Your children are the target of their weapons, they will concentrate on the next generation to achieve their means.
edit on 22/2/2018 by Sublimecraft because: bbcode

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

I am open to any ideas that will save lives. But the fact that any idea that involves something other than removing weapons or gun rights seem to be shelved from discussion isn't going to help this narrative at all.

What's getting stuck in your craw is that it is the youngsters who have the correct narrative, and that daddy may not just be so right at all.
There is absolutely no need for military WMD weapons to be in the hands of non military citizens. Pepole running around the streets with machine guns is totally fecked-up logic, the idea of actually using them even crazier, but to want to talk about some 'alternative' that includes everybody keeping their arsenals, is just plain Cukcoo.

I can understand being frustrated, especially when you have been given wrong information. Hell, if people were running around with machine guns, I'd be pissed off to.

Machine guns are fully automatic. They can put 300 rounds downrange in a very short period of time. They are truly weapons of war. Some collectors have them, and they pay dearly for them. Like $20,000, and they have huge restrictions on them and mountains of paperwork.

Not to be a dick, but do you know the capabilities of a Marlin model 60 .22lr? It's what I use to squirrel hunt. (I think they taste delicious over noodles.)

18 shots and I can shoot them as fast as I can pull the trigger. I have no doubt I could kill with it. But it has a wooden stock.

If you are serious about this discussion, I implore you to get educated. I'd be happy to help you understand the different weapons, and what they are used for. AR-15's do look just like military M-16's and M-4's, but when I put on my camo, and hide in the bushes, I look just like a sniper, but I'm not. I don't have the skills for that, or the hardware.

I think you have some good input, though I usually don't agree with your politics. On this topic, you need to understand the subject matter.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Hi praise coming from you, good sir.

I shed tears at the images coming from Australia... what a waste of fine workmanship.

search result

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I'd like to know who paid for those brand new buses to bus the kids (and others) to Tallahassee.
Who paid their hotel bills, etc.?
Who booked and coordinated their CNN interviews and Press itineraries?

Is that wrong to ask?...or am I being too 'political'?

And suddenly. That's the aspect of it that's the most stunning. The output for this type of activity is likely in the millions. Middle class ma and pa just don't have that kind of dough laying around to bust out on a political rally against guns.

The people sucking this up without questioning 'how' are just stupid.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Tell me something. What would you do, if the U.S Falls under a Stalin/ Hitler type dictatorship and they disarmed civilians to prevent the civilians from rebelling against the new empire? How would you fight their guns? With pitch and forks/ Rocks?

This is why we have the right to bear arms. To defend the nation against foreign AND domestic enemies.
It seems CNN wants to disarm the populace in order to bring about dictatorship and Censorship to those they don't agree with.

/New World Order
edit on th2018000000Saturdayth000000Sat, 24 Feb 2018 07:52:18 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoSat, 24 Feb 2018 07:52:18 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join