It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hijacking a movement

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Thank you. You saying that means I'm on the right track.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

but, the talking points trump was handed were ok? lol

I hear you.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: neo96

Thank you. You saying that means I'm on the right track.

Nope.

Anyone trying to infringe the right of ANY group is a REICH WINGER.

You'd have to do something bout citizen's united to even begin to try.

I hope the anti gunners do, because that would be the end of unions in politics.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Whataboutism is lame.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: knoxie

Whataboutism is lame.

NRA is whataboutism.

Even funnier.

Whataboutism comes from Russia!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

using tide pods as an excuse not to listen to these kids is lame. lol
edit on 22-2-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

And my point is you take the side of the corporations or the state to further undermine American citizens rights.

I saw it during the sale of baby parts videos, now here advocating anti gun protests.

I read you, like a book.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Cruz bought a gun.

Passed the background check.

Broke Gun Free Zone law.

Broke 10-20-life law.

Broke the law against murder.

WHATABOUT The NRA.

Guilt by disassociation!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The only spin is from the gun mafia.

The only hijacking is from a vocal minority that puts the 2A before all the other Constitutional rights and the functionality of our society. And from greedy gun and ammo manufacturers that put money before lives and common sense. And from inept, unethical politicians who put political aspirations before their constituents and their civic duty.

The kids and their supporters will accept any overtures. They have said time and again that they get that change will be incremental and that they are not trying to threaten the 2A.

edit on 2/22/2018 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

The only hijacking is from a vocal minority that puts the 2A before all the other Constitutional rights and the functionality of our society.

There is more than one at play here.

The rights to due process, and all those that deal with it.

And the fourtheenth.

Gun mafia eh.

Rather disingenuous.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

using tide pods as an excuse not to listen to these kids is lame. lol

That isn't the excuse. The excuse is that they are kids, they lack any meaningful life experience (and thus perspective), they are not allowed to vote, and they have no stake in the nation beyond that which they have recieved from their parents.

In one breath we are talking about not letting 18 year olds buy guns. In the next breath we are saying that kids under 18 should help determine gun policy. And i wonder why on Earth you aren't seeing the disconnect in that logic.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

In one breath we are talking about not letting 18 year olds buy guns. In the next breath we are saying that kids under 18 should help determine gun policy.

That's some big time cognitive dissonance.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Pretty sure last Wednesday counts as a meaningful life experience.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

How else would they organize better? They got assistance. That doesn't mean it was from the media. Lobbying groups and anti-gun groups probably helped too.

So what I'm now confused about is that you are suggesting that these kids, in order to be credible to you guys, had to have organized and implement their protests all by themselves without any outside help from other entities that align with their positions? How about you guys argue without the NRA talking points?

I have no idea what the NRA is saying.

What i am saying is that it was alleged by a participant that he was being handed scripted questions to ask. Not being coached, not having a forum for them to organize their thoughts in. He was being handed someone else's questions to ask.

Someone else's questions. Not his. Someone elses.

You think that this is what our media should do? Employ these kids acting services for free to read their scripted questions? Do we at least get a disclaimer at the end of the broadcast so we know that the questions weren't from the kids themselves? Or shall we allow a childs face mixed with a thought stuffed in their hands by media professionals be projected as a true image of what is going on in Parkland?

Of course, if someone can do anything to cast shadows of doubt on that kids story, it might help restore some faith in the media. But given what i know about Smith Mundt, i have no faith in media.

In the town hall in Florida, a kid asked Rubio if he would state right now that he would no longer take money from the NRA. Now why would a kid who's message was #neveragain, all of the sudden be concerned with who funds a particular politician? If some WON'T see the reality, it's because they don't wish to. When it gets in the way of their agenda, it's just in the way.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

They have a few decades to catch up to places like Chicago that have some of THE toughest gun control laws on the books.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The only spin is from the gun mafia.

The only hijacking is from a vocal minority that puts the 2A before all the other Constitutional rights and the functionality of our society. And from greedy gun and ammo manufacturers that put money before lives and common sense. And from inept, unethical politicians who put political aspirations before their constituents and their civic duty.

The kids and their supporters will accept any overtures. They have said time and again that they get that change will be incremental and that they are not trying to threaten the 2A.

come on, you have to have been paying attention here. They had a movement, they weren't sure what they wanted, but they were sure they wanted something to change, and not have to watch anymore of their friends die. We all agree with that. People were starting to talk, and wait for it....people were starting to listen. And then the MSM jumped in with their narrative. Now it's the same old song and dance. If you don't want to see it, that's cool, but if you can't be honest with yourself, who can you be honest with.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Pretty sure last wednesday counts as a traumatic event.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

The NRA isn't the Muslim Brotherhood (ahem).

I've let my membership lapse, but i can see a world where i would re-enroll just so we have some organized voice to speak on our behalf.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The American media is downright shameful.

Weaponized against the people it is all too clear.

My hope is more and more people disregard it's treasonous bs every day.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Well, I don't know what to tell you ND. I'm sure it's maddening for the far right. No one is more critical of the media than Trump, yet Trump is not discounting what the kids of Parkland are saying. In fact, he's embracing it, not attributing it to his arch-nemisis.

I get that's probably causing some cognitive dissonance on ATS this week. No worries though gun-clingers, he's most likely to flip-flop and screw it up just like he did with healthcare, immigration, etc. It's what he does. Bigly.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join