It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hijacking a movement

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Thankfully it doesn't really matter a handfull of "weapon extremists" and paranoid nuts calls them crisis actors and thinks with around 18 they wouldn't be capable of organising a little trip to DC.

Will they succeed? Of course not but it's delicious to watch how the extremists apply the only one strategy they have: defamation.
And I mean seriously if you want to change something you first have to make very clear: the NRA is a threat to America.
Their tactics are bribery and blackmailing. That's pretty undemocratic.
If you'd get them out of the way you'll find half of the 42% ready for some reasoning beyond "Freedom!".
One at a time.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Shamrock6

a reply to: network dude

Funny because the kids/survivors seem to be dictating the narrative this go around. Perhaps you are just upset that it isn't the narrative that you wanted?

Two weeks ago the media was all agog about teenagers eating Tide Pods and how retailers needed to lock them up so kids would stop. Stop eating laundry detergent, that is.

Now we're supposed to be letting them lead the charge on gun control?

I think you just made a good argument for why I should trust kids over the media...

Yea, I'm totally on board with trusting kids that eat laundry detergent to call the shots on Constitutional amendments too.

Man... I was hoping you of all people would be able to read between the lines on that one. I seriously considered typing out and explaining my thoughts better, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt instead... You disappoint me.

So this Tide pod scandal is most likely a manufactured media scandal which means the media was being stupid and untrustworthy while the kids they are scaremongering about are actually doing something positive in the public eye. Again, I'm ashamed I had to explain this to you. Also, you know DAMN well the kids eating tide pods aren't the same kids speaking out right now!

It's like you don't even listen to your damn self.

The MEDIA is to blame when kids eat detergent, but when the #never again movement is hijacked by the media, it's republicans at fault.

think at least a little.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't actively stay up-to-date with the dumb fads kids partake in, and many of those "XYZ challenges" that the media rants and raves about turn out to be fake scares. It's a pretty logical position to take.

As for the media part, at no point have I suggested the media is perfect in its reporting. I don't like playing partisan games. I will call out faults when I see them.
edit on 22-2-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Better than nothing and returning to the status quo a week later if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I don't actively stay up-to-date with the dumb fads kids partake in, and many of those "XYZ challenges" that the media rants and raves about turn out to be fake scares. It's a pretty logical position to take.

As for the media part, at no point have I suggested the media is perfect in its reporting. I don't like playing partisan games. I will call out faults when I see them.

then quit talking like you know something when you don't. There is no crime in not saying something.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Dunno man....to say that the OP is ludicrous for asking if the media has taken over a movement that suddenly went from DO SOMETHING to having cogent talking points while at the same time saying the media makes stuff up seems rather disconnected.

The fact that its being actually alleged by someone who CNN approached only helps support the OP's case.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
IF your reading from a prepared script with nothing, but loaded questions on the boob tube.

How is that not crisis acting?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

And I mean seriously if you want to change something you first have to make very clear: the NRA is a threat to America.

Bull and crap.

ANYONE that believes that vitriol is a threat to a free people.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

The media does its own thing and it isn't surprising they would want to bolster the kids' message, but to try to label the kids' desire for change fake or manipulated is just insulting to their intelligence and them as humans.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
weren't some of you saying those kids roy moore molested were old enough..

but, these kids are probably eating tide pods and should sit down and shut up. wow.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Because peaceful protests don't need to be met with force.

Cough-- The state allows protests it agrees with, like disarmament. They do the same thing in other countries.

WMD anyone?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Cough-- The state allows protests it agrees with, like disarmament. They do the same thing in other countries.

WMD anyone?

Yeah. I guess that women's march example was inconvenient to the point you just made so you had to clip it from my quote.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The media does its own thing and it isn't surprising they would want to bolster the kids' message, but to try to label the kids' desire for change fake or manipulated is just insulting to their intelligence and them as humans.

I also noted the stance you took during the abortion video debates. According to you, those were faked, right?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

No it isn't.

Telling kids to shut up is a time honored tradition.

Are you telling me that asking how they organized into cogent thoughts from the "DO SOMETHING" nonsense we saw initially is insulting? What on this planet is not insulting, then? I mean, come on. Did you not see that there is an actual accusation from a real person about CNN trying to script questions at the Trump meeting?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I also noted the stance you took during the abortion video debates. According to you, those were faked, right?

Yes. And?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

WMD anyone?

Yeah. I guess that women's march example was inconvenient to the point you just made so you had to clip it from my quote.

I was speaking in general about what protests the State allows or not. Protets for peoples rights, squashed. Protest for gun control, allowed. But go ahead and spin out of control, as usual.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

How else would they organize better? They got assistance. That doesn't mean it was from the media. Lobbying groups and anti-gun groups probably helped too.

So what I'm now confused about is that you are suggesting that these kids, in order to be credible to you guys, had to have organized and implement their protests all by themselves without any outside help from other entities that align with their positions? How about you guys argue without the NRA talking points?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

WMD anyone?

I was speaking in general about what protests the State allows or not. Protets for peoples rights, squashed. Protest for gun control, allowed. But go ahead and spin out of control, as usual.

All I see from you is you using anecdotes and a poor sample size to "prove" a position you came to before collecting the evidence for your position, and now because I gave you an example that conflicts with your narrative you accuse me of "spinning".

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

How else would they organize better? They got assistance. That doesn't mean it was from the media. Lobbying groups and anti-gun groups probably helped too.

So what I'm now confused about is that you are suggesting that these kids, in order to be credible to you guys, had to have organized and implement their protests all by themselves without any outside help from other entities that align with their positions? How about you guys argue without the NRA talking points?

I have no idea what the NRA is saying.

What i am saying is that it was alleged by a participant that he was being handed scripted questions to ask. Not being coached, not having a forum for them to organize their thoughts in. He was being handed someone else's questions to ask.

Someone else's questions. Not his. Someone elses.

You think that this is what our media should do? Employ these kids acting services for free to read their scripted questions? Do we at least get a disclaimer at the end of the broadcast so we know that the questions weren't from the kids themselves? Or shall we allow a childs face mixed with a thought stuffed in their hands by media professionals be projected as a true image of what is going on in Parkland?

Of course, if someone can do anything to cast shadows of doubt on that kids story, it might help restore some faith in the media. But given what i know about Smith Mundt, i have no faith in media.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

That is all hearsay between the kid and the network. Nothing is proven one way or the other outside of people's confirmation biases. Furthermore, that is JUST CNN. CNN doesn't speak for all of the media in the US, not even all the liberal media. Plus the kids are doing more than going on townhalls on CNN to get their concerns out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join