It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hijacking a movement

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: network dude

Funny because the kids/survivors seem to be dictating the narrative this go around. Perhaps you are just upset that it isn't the narrative that you wanted?

Kids who eat Tide pods, and who cannot vote, are dictating the discussion on national policy while struggling with the emotional and mental trauma of what they just went through?

Jesus, this won't end well.

Im curious why, if this were actually true, it would seem in any way sane.

link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Everything else I'm sure was put together by media if not CNN exclusively.

Including some of the questions, apparently.

www.breitbart.com...

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ah yes. The "they are manipulated" bs. Of course you offer no evidence of this outlandish claim.

Well if you want evidence.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't feel like typing it out all again.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Funny because the kids/survivors seem to be dictating the narrative this go around. Perhaps you are just upset that it isn't the narrative that you wanted?

But what about other movements, Occupy, BLM, Bundy ranch? That dissent was squashed by aggressive police riot control tactics. But this 'movement ' is acceptable to authorities?

Two guesses why...

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I know this guy who is really good at dishing it out, but sucks badly at taking it, when dished back. Hes a real tool. Know anyone like that?

I think I know this one, does his name sound like Ronald Dump? Or maybe it's Clint O'reilly-but can a woman be a tool? that is the question.
edit on 22-2-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Two weeks ago the media was all agog about teenagers eating Tide Pods and how retailers needed to lock them up so kids would stop. Stop eating laundry detergent, that is.

Now we're supposed to be letting them lead the charge on gun control?

I think you just made a good argument for why I should trust kids over the media...

Yea, I'm totally on board with trusting kids that eat laundry detergent to call the shots on Constitutional amendments too.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
CNN manipulation of student survivor's message...CONFIRMED:

Shooting Survivor: CNN Gave Me "Scripted Question" After Denying Question About Armed Guards

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student Colton Haab said he was approached by CNN to ask a question at Wednesday night's town hall but decided not to after the network gave him a "scripted question," quashing one he wrote himself. Haab, a member of the Junior ROTC shielded students while the school was under attack from the shooter, said he was going to ask about using veterans as armed security guards.

www.realclearpolitics.com... ds.html

....and, yes,...there's video.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

he's one of them, but there is another.

link   
a reply to: vor78

It's been the hot topic.

Would like to see more than one student come forward however.

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Kids who eat Tide pods, and who cannot vote, are dictating the discussion on national policy while struggling with the emotional and mental trauma of what they just went through?

Jesus, this won't end well.

Im curious why, if this were actually true, it would seem in any way sane.

Where is this tide pod story coming from? You are the second person to bring that up. You realize that story sounds everything like any other fake media scare that the media blows out of proportion because adults fail to understand kids?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

those kids who spoke out yesterday - do you think they're eating tide pods?

you think those making money off the sale guns should be dictating the conversation? how is that sane?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Two weeks ago the media was all agog about teenagers eating Tide Pods and how retailers needed to lock them up so kids would stop. Stop eating laundry detergent, that is.

I think you just made a good argument for why I should trust kids over the media...

Yea, I'm totally on board with trusting kids that eat laundry detergent to call the shots on Constitutional amendments too.

Man... I was hoping you of all people would be able to read between the lines on that one. I seriously considered typing out and explaining my thoughts better, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt instead... You disappoint me.

So this Tide pod scandal is most likely a manufactured media scandal which means the media was being stupid and untrustworthy while the kids they are scaremongering about are actually doing something positive in the public eye. Again, I'm ashamed I had to explain this to you. Also, you know DAMN well the kids eating tide pods aren't the same kids speaking out right now!
edit on 22-2-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

the "Tide Pod Challenge". Google it, youw ill find countless videos of kids in the same age group as the ones you are talking about eating tide pods.

Did it include any of the kids in that high school? I have no idea. Point being: kids are morons and do moronic stuff. They shouldn't dictate the discussion on anything other than planning their proms.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

the "Tide Pod Challenge". Google it, youw ill find countless videos of kids in the same age group as the ones you are talking about eating tide pods.

Did it include any of the kids in that high school? I have no idea. Point being: kids are morons and do moronic stuff. They shouldn't dictate the discussion on anything other than planning their proms.

There are people twice or three times their age that I trust less to dictate the discussion on things. So if those morons can do it, so can the kids.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

So this scandal is most likely a manufactured media scandal which means the media was being stupid and untrustworthy while the kids they are scaremongering about are actually doing something positive in the public eye.

I omitted two words.

Can you see it? The direct correlation in logic? Make the leap.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

So this Tide pod scandal is most likely a manufactured media scandal which means the media was being stupid and untrustworthy while the kids they are scaremongering about are actually doing something positive in the public eye. Again, I'm ashamed I had to explain this to you.

You really don't know about the Tide Pod thing???? Do you venture outside ATS?

Google it....quit with the "most likely" stuff. You can see kids doing it with your own eyes. Its not a scandal...it was a viral meme.

Ill also point out that you are accusing the media of doing exactly what the OP is accusing the media of doing. Except you were indignant at the thought of it hwen you replied to the OP. Ridiculous, man...for real.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

There are people twice or three times their age that I trust less to dictate the discussion on things. So if those morons can do it, so can the kids.

Except for that pesky "age of consent" thing, you know.

I know morons, too. Those morons pay taxes and have an actual stake in society.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

But what about other movements, Occupy, BLM, Bundy ranch? That dissent was squashed by aggressive police riot control tactics. But this 'movement ' is acceptable to authorities?

Two guesses why...

Because peaceful protests don't need to be met with force. I notice you didn't include the women's march shortly after Trump's inauguration that turned into the largest protest in American history in your short list there.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I knew what you were getting at, but I don't really agree with it.

Whether they're the same kids or not is moot. The point is that teenagers are by and large stupid. Yea, there's some smart ones out there. There's also some out there that think eating a Tide Pod is a good idea for the lulz.

The reason this whole thing started with a bunch of teenagers running around saying "DO SOMETHING!!!211" is because they have no concept of what to do, let alone how to get there. It wasn't until #dosomething hit the media circus that these teenagers all of a sudden got their act together.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
They prolly went home afterwards and played some Grand Theft Auto, or COD.

Then after they got bored started sexting.

I remember at that age politics was about the last thing on my mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join