It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hijacking a movement

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I know this guy who is really good at dishing it out, but sucks badly at taking it, when dished back. Hes a real tool. Know anyone like that?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Just think. The kids you guys are hating on for not liking your precious AR-15s are the ones who are going to grow up and start voting.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

The kids you guys are hating on for not liking your precious AR-15s are the ones who are going to grow up and start voting.

You want to quote me on that or are you deflecting?

55% of voters didn't vote. What percentage will it be in coming years, any guesses?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I know this guy who is really good at dishing it out, but sucks badly at taking it, when dished back. Hes a real tool. Know anyone like that?

I know a guy who is really good at trolling, but sucks badly at actually talking like an adult and discussing differences. He just insults people who disagree with him instead. Then hides behind a veneer of "I"m just joking, man" to defend his boorishness. Know anyone like that?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I'm just making small talk since you didn't bring up anything worth discussing. The young are leaning more and more liberal with each generation.
edit on 22-2-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Ah, so deflection it is.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Yep. Just like your point was.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Ah, no. It was on topic and in context, unlike the response.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

You're right. I'm sorry. I forgot that only conservatives are allowed to use partisan buzzwords to promote their causes.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Is that deflection or whataboutism? I can't keep up.

*sigh* I guess hijacking is the topic.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I thought the topic was trolling? That's the position the OP seems to have adopted after all.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Is that deflection or whataboutism? I can't keep up.

*sigh* I guess hijacking is the topic.

Careful.
...you might get called a "Poopy-Head" next.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: network dude

Funny because the kids/survivors seem to be dictating the narrative this go around. Perhaps you are just upset that it isn't the narrative that you wanted?

No they aren't.

They are being manipulated, and fed talking points.

Only high school seniors are allowed to vote, and just barely.

At that age most kids are not even close to being involved in political bullsnip.

Maybe a very small minority at best.

link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

That would just ruin my day.

I couldn't even...

link   

Funny because the kids/survivors seem to be dictating the narrative this go around. Perhaps you are just upset that it isn't the narrative that you wanted?

Two weeks ago the media was all agog about teenagers eating Tide Pods and how retailers needed to lock them up so kids would stop. Stop eating laundry detergent, that is.

Now we're supposed to be letting them lead the charge on gun control?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: intrptr

I don't think you are wrong, but in my opinion, this will end the same as it always has, for the reasons I stated.

The kids weren't wrong in wanting all semi auto weapons removed, to save lives. If that could happen, I bet it would save some lives. But it's not something that is rooted in reality and it will not stop a crazy person from killing. Stopping crazy people from taking the lives of others should be what this is all about. and I don't know of any sane people who think killing innocent kids is a good idea.

Well yah, who doesn't think killing droves of innocent people is a good thing. Me thinks the protests kind of loud here, compared to what the US military is doing over seas at the moment.

In fact, If I wanted to distract people from all that endless war in foreign lands, I might even promote these discussions here at home, even going so far to create tragedy in order to garner peoples emotions.

If the MSM covered airstrikes in the ME like they do mass shootings here at home, we could have discussions about banning warfare like we did during the Vietnam war.

Stop the bombing, support the troops-- bring them home, war is unjust, etc. Million man marches, protests and demonstrations in Washington to end the endless war. Then talk about cleaning up policing here.

Oh... sorry, 'off topic'.
edit on 22-2-2018 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Ah yes. The "they are manipulated" bs. Of course you offer no evidence of this outlandish claim.

But then that also underscores how you are basically calling these kids unaware morons who can't form their own political opinions just because they can't vote yet. It's a double whammy of thoughtlessness.

link   

fujsdcftyuijey. Do you know what that was? that was me literally banging my head against the keyboard.

The MSM has descended into as 'he said she said' load of crap. As a journalist you should call it as you see it and not delve into personal opinions, that's why we have satire. Sudanese refugees? no one cares. Somalian pirates? No one cares. But the moment Russia is involved in the election? grab your guns because Clinton will kill us all with her democrat gun and Trump is the hero because fake news.

CNN, FOX etc need to take a step back and reassess their position, if they keep continuing with their diatribe ratings and advertisement revenue will drop.

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Two weeks ago the media was all agog about teenagers eating Tide Pods and how retailers needed to lock them up so kids would stop. Stop eating laundry detergent, that is.

Now we're supposed to be letting them lead the charge on gun control?

I think you just made a good argument for why I should trust kids over the media...

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
delete after it was seen
edit on 22-2-2018 by network dude because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join