It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hijacking a movement

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I had real hope this time. I saw something I hadn't seen before. People willing to talk about things they previously would have deflected and ignored out of hand. People listened. And then, the spin happened. WHO did it? Yep, the MSM, yet again. From all aspects. Scripting questions, only allowing a certain narrative to be heard. Pushing an agenda. This is why this same thing happens, time and again.

I think this time, the lies, manipulation, and agenda pushing should be exposed,and those perpetrating it should be outed and shamed.

It's time to stop letting the will of the people be dictated by the media. This has to stop.

All of us have ideas, some of them aren't very good, some of them might save lives. But to find out, they ALL need to be heard.

From the Tea Party, to school shootings. Stop hijacking ideas. Stop politicizing progress. Stop being the problem and find a way to be part of the solution.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Funny because the kids/survivors seem to be dictating the narrative this go around. Perhaps you are just upset that it isn't the narrative that you wanted?
edit on 22-2-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Funny because the kids/survivors seem to be dictating the narrative this go around. Perhaps you are just upset that it isn't the narrative that you wanted?

paying attention was never your strong suit. But thanks for continually confirming my opinion of you is solid.

I am open to any ideas that will save lives. But the fact that any idea that involves something other than removing weapons or gun rights seem to be shelved from discussion isn't going to help this narrative at all.

Pretend you are a smart person for a second. Now, think back to every gun debate had before. Remember how whenever you talk about taking away rights, the NRA steps in and nobody accomplishes anything? IF that is the way you want this to go as well, keep pushing stupidity. And be sure to stock up on hopes and #ing prayers. They will be needed for the next shooting.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Did you get this feeling from looking at the front page?

I did.

What an endless soap opera. My mom was watching a soap opera the day JFK was shot. As the world turns. You can still find it on Youtube. Even more amazing, people are conditioned by tv programming to accept and believe the soap opera, in order to better accept and believe the other programming, the news (bullet)tins.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I'd like to know who paid for those brand new buses to bus the kids (and others) to Tallahassee.
Who paid their hotel bills, etc.?
Who booked and coordinated their CNN interviews and Press itineraries?

Is that wrong to ask?...or am I being too 'political'?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Complete loss of progress and solutions for the sake of ratings.

Perhaps this could be step 1.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

when I think of the definition of insanity, and I watch this debate, I am reminded of how easily people are led.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I agree with you, dude. But the problem is dead children. And that is all that anybody can hear. You try to have a rational conversation, but then you get slapped down with dead children. It doesn't matter why, just how: guns and dead children. So a tragedy is made political and used as a blunt object to beat down discussion. I want the same thing that you do. Conversation that leads to solution. But it will not happen. People have made up their minds, the lines have been drawn, and we stand divided once more. It is sad, but it is what it is.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Busses could have been donated for the publicity. Possibly the same for the hotels. Everything else I'm sure was put together by media if not CNN exclusively.

Just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Now, think back to every gun debate had before. Remember how whenever you talk about taking away rights, the NRA steps in and nobody accomplishes anything?

Thats not true. The anti gun debate may get fresh vigor after blood is splashed on our tvs, but the steady erosion of firearms, features and accessories has been steady paced for much longer than I have been around to witness it.

It has nothing to do with emotional debate, everything to do with disarming the american populace, disguised as emotional appeal.

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I'd like to know who paid for those brand new buses to bus the kids (and others) to Tallahassee.
Who paid their hotel bills, etc.?
Who booked and coordinated their CNN interviews and Press itineraries?

Is that wrong to ask?...or am I being too 'political'?

At this point, no, it's not wrong to ask. A few days ago, I had hope that regular people, like you and I and others here would have all chipped in to help this effort. But today, it sure looks like the kids are being used as tools to push the same agenda that has been tried time and again.

And maybe somewhere in there, some truth might exist. But when it's pushed like this, and it's this #ing transparent, it's going to end the same, nothing will change, and more kids will die.

link   

Thanks for the ad hominems and weak insults. You really drove home why this debate goes no where. Y'all can't discuss things without taking them personally. I guess I was right with my original post. It is making you MAD that the kids don't want to follow the NRA's gun rhetoric.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

when I think of the definition of insanity, and I watch this debate, I am reminded of how easily people are led.

Its far easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled.

Your version of "insanity" is...(?)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

always with the personal attacks.

the kids are directing this narrative. why is that bad considering they're the ones who are being shot and terrorized? the adults don't seem capable..

for those who think the kids are actors you are awful.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I don't think you are wrong, but in my opinion, this will end the same as it always has, for the reasons I stated.

The kids weren't wrong in wanting all semi auto weapons removed, to save lives. If that could happen, I bet it would save some lives. But it's not something that is rooted in reality and it will not stop a crazy person from killing. Stopping crazy people from taking the lives of others should be what this is all about. and I don't know of any sane people who think killing innocent kids is a good idea.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

always with the personal attacks.

the kids are directing this narrative. why is that bad considering they're the ones who are being shot and terrorized? the adults don't seem capable..

for those who think the kids are actors you are awful.

It's my sincere wish that you never ever respond to me again. I have never seen a post from you that wasn't' complete garbage.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Busses could have been donated for the publicity. Possibly the same for the hotels. Everything else I'm sure was put together by media if not CNN exclusively.

Just my opinion.

Lets assume you're right.
Bus company using the kids and exploiting the tragedy for publicity/$ale$.
Hotels doing the $ame.

CNN and MSNBC?...The goodness of their hearts?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I hear the buzzwords, repeated. Pretty sure that was the point.

Weapons of war (flat untrue)
Assault rifles (massive misnomer)
Mental health prohibitions (new lists with now way to know if you're on or how to get off etc)
Assumption that this will happen again (no facts at the moment but do these things happen in the same venue?)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

That's the MO these days. Attack their character no matter what. Kid's are speaking out against guns now? They are crisis actors. ATS poster mentions these kids speaking out? Call him stupid and unable to pay attention.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Mass exploitation. Every. Single. Time.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join